Thứ Hai, 24 tháng 9, 2018

Waching daily Sep 24 2018

hi guys! FAYSAL here and finally I'm back from the vacation and if you have not

yet subscribed to our channel, please do so and show us your support. so today I'm

looking to trade with the help of CALLOWAY SOFTWARE and as you have seen in

my previous video that CALLOWAY SOFTWARE is a totally automated trading

application and this is the CALLOWAY SOFTWARE platform and this is a truly

forex trading software and fully automated. you see my broker is KONTOFX

and I started with $1000 and I got a little profit already but couldn't capture

the video for you. I didn't get time. you see the signals on their

platform. cryptocurrencies and you see this chart. there are crypto

currency and currency signals are here. you see AUD/USD 88%

confidence factor and you just need to select the amount you want to invest on the

trade and and then click on the trade button. if you're newbie then go with

a small investment per trade. let's analyze the AUD/USD trade.

get into the trade with hundred dollar and I need to click on the trade button.

the trade will be executed on the broker platform. let's

find another. my favorite is currency trading so I'm trading currencies but

there are crypto signals also as you can see on the platform. so let's

find another. 87% confidence factor. USD/CAD. Lets go for it.

$100 and then click and the trade is executed. so two trades already placed and

I will look for one more. okay 90 percent confidence factory USD/CHF. go for $100

and click on trade. okay so three trades just placed and let's go to KONTOFX.

this is the platform and it is very user-friendly and you can see my

trades have already placed but these are the Forex trades and do not

have any expiries. so all in red but there are no specifics expiry times in Forex

trading. this is purely/truly Forex trading. so give it some time and I will

be back after the result. I'm back and you see the Aud/Usd trade

and we've got some profit and USD/CAD trade we also in green. but USD/CHF

is still in red so we will encash these trades live in front of you. so let's

just close the trade and yes. OK and OK

closed. and the second one. okay, yes. the one trade left. I will not close

here because it is in red and until I get profit it will be there. so

let's go to trade history and let's go

to the trades. you see I have already got almost three hundred dollar

profit from these two trades and this is the profit. and see the balance has

upgraded already and and I got $300 profit but there is one open trade.

you see USD/CHF and I will close it when I get some profit. so I invested on three

trades $300 and I my return is already $300 profit and one trade is ongoing.

yeah this is great! this is a great trading software

and I like the automated trading. so until then take care!

For more infomation >> The Calloway Software Live Trading Session $300 Profit In A Singe Session! - Duration: 5:43.

-------------------------------------------

Preparing for the IHSS Assessment - Duration: 44:44.

My name is Trudy Grable and I'm going to be your speaker today on In-Home Support

Services and how to prepare for the assessment for In-Home Support Services.

I am a long time employee at Parents Helping Parents, and I also have a

daughter who uses In-Home Support Services, and I also have about 27

years experience in working with families, so I hope to do you justice in

this training, and and help you to get the hours that your child needs and is

entitled to, so let's get started.

I want you to do some downloading of the handouts that you want to be able to

either refer to during the training, or refer to later.

So, let me just also tell you that if you are watching this webinar,

we have made every effort to make sure that the information is

current and accurate, though things do change County to County and you'll

always need to check to see if any changes have been made in your County.

So, to download; what you're seeing is this screen, here, in the top button or

the top image. If you look to the arrow you'll see a blue button with what looks

like a text, a little document with text.

When you click on that you'll then see

the list of downloads that you can capture on your own computer in PDF format.

So, go ahead and download those now.

I'll give you just a few minutes.

Well, not even a minute.

You can advance this as you're going along so actually I

don't need to give you any minutes; here's what we're going to cover.

We're going to cover eligibility, preparing for that assessment, making sure that you've

documented the information that's going to yield the best results for the

outcome of your child, we're going to look at the medical forms that are

required, and, specifically, we're going to spend some time on protective

supervision, because that's a service that isn't usually offered on the menu

of services from IHSS, so you need to be sure to ask for that.

Each person that is

applying for In-Home Support Services must physically reside in the US,

they must be a California resident that has Medi-Cal and live in their private family home,

or their own home; so people who are living in residential care

are not going to be eligible for In-Home Support Services

These are the available services that are there to help keep the person in their home.

So Domestic Help, and that's primarily for adults; not for minor children.

Meal, clean up, laundry, shopping, and gardening.

On Personal Care,

hygiene: can they get themselves to the toilet, can they wipe after themselves,

can they wash their own face and do their own hair?

What about toenail clippings, do you have to clip their toenails and they are 25?

Most 25 year olds are not letting their mother and father, or care provider, clip

their toenails, unless they're at a pedicure.

What about accompaniment to the doctor; do they have appointments that require

you to wait for them?

Then, there's Paramedical.

Paramedical is something that's typically prescribed by a physician, or a therapist,

and they include things like: dressing wounds, caring for a G-tube suctioning,

and so on. We'll get more into that later.

And then Protective Supervision, which is

just what it sounds like, it's helping to keep someone safe.

This program was originally designed for seniors,

and so, a lot of the language used by In-Home Support Services

might make you say, "How does this apply to a three-year-old?"

But that's why.

Activities of Daily Living, there's going to be a lot of

reference to that misconception in this workshop, so, I want to make sure that you

understand what it is.

So here's a list, and you have this in your handout,

so I'm not going to go through it all.

The link below actually takes you to a wonderful document

which will supplement what we're talking about today,

so I encourage you to go to that list, and review that, or download it, and make the most of it.

The more information you have about how to prepare for this process, the better.

So Protective Supervision, again, is just observing

their behavior, making sure that if they need intervention for safety, that you're there to provide it.

Let's talk about who can provide In-Home Support Services.

Essentially, it's anybody that you feel would provide

the best care for your son, daughter, or client.

They can be parents, neighbors, cousins, and they can even be a sibling,

who's eligible to work.

You can also work with the public authority, through Santa Clara County,

to identify providers who may be available to work with your child.

You'll want to surely provide training and support to whomever

you're bringing in to your jobs or client's home, in order that they do the

best job possible, and that their person-centered, and providing the

support that really works for the individual. You're also responsible for

hiring and firing that person supervising, if you're an adult person or

you're someone with a disability who's applying for In-Home Support Services,

you would you would serve this role.

There's more information at this link on

how to become a provider, so I recommend that you take a look at that once you

get past this first step of actually getting prepared and getting authorized.

So, services can be provided by parents and can be provided by non parents.

Now this specific slide is talking about parents who have minor children.

So, if you are working out of the house, you're going to school,

or you're at a training, then you can bring someone in to provide

that service to your child

And you can read that.

I'm not going to read every slide to you and bore you to death.

So, parents can provide it, and this is

when a child is under 18, because, remember the age of majority is 18, and

after that they stand alone, financially, and support wise, as far as how the

government, and how the state, looks at them in relationship to your income and

your responsibility. So if a parent can't maintain employment, so let's say mom

used to work full-time and, all of a sudden, she's unable to provide or find

appropriate caregivers, and has to provide the supports to her child

herself, or the dad. Then that would make her eligible to become the provider for

her child, whether her child is 3, 13, or 17½.

At 18, that rule doesn't apply. If the child is at risk of out of home

placement, such as a group home and you know the parents don't have adequate

care in the household, and then the parent may be able to provide those supports.

Now, when both parents are in the house, there's an assumption that one

of you is going to be tending to the child. This is a minor, remember, but if

the other parent is out of the house, working, at school, or is disabled

themselves, you can both be home, then you can be the provider.

So, the first steps in in this whole process is to call the Santa Clara County IHSS office.

The number is at the top. You can also print and fax your request, and that number is provided.

If you are intending to ask for Protective Supervision, be sure to

include that in your conversation, or into your request.

After that, a social worker will call, to make an appointment to come to your home and

do the assessment process.

So, things that you can do, to get ready for that, is start

writing a list of everything you do for your child and the duration of what you're doing.

For those of us who have children with special needs,

we've been doing this all their life, and so, it seems normal, even though, you know if you

had a child. I'll tell, you my daughter is 33, and I still have to help her with her hair,

I have to help her make sure her oral care is done, some of its just prompting,

some of its hands-on, and, so, you know, I have two other daughters

who are older who don't require that kind of care anymore,

and so those are things that you want to start recording.

So don't try to guess about this because

I'm sure that you will underestimate what it is that

you're doing, generally, because we're so used to doing it.

The other thing that you want to start recording are incidents that have happened

that put your child at risk of injury or safety issues.

What would have happened if you hadn't been there to prevent it?

So let me give you an example: Crossing the Street.

So if you have a son, or a daughter, or a client,

who really doesn't look for cars and, you say, "Let's stop, let's look for cars," and

they're just looking back and forth, even though they're not looking for cars,

or they might just wander into the street,

that would be an example of a posed risk for their safety.

So you would write that down: "At every time we're at a stop,

to cross the street, I have to actually hold that person's hand and we

cross together. I have to make sure that it's safe to cross, because my client or

my child would just walk out into the street and

doesn't understand that it's a danger to them."

So, here's what happens with the assessments.

They're going to come to your house, they are going to want to

talk to your child, they will do an assessment of time for tasks.

And then, if protective supervision is being requested, you must initiate that and

tell them that you are asking for that, or it may be overlooked, and you also

want to have your documentation.

A little bit about them wanting to talk to your child.

They may ask your child things like, "What do you do in an emergency?" and

your child might respond with "Call 9-1-1" and they will probably note that this

person knows what to do in an emergency. However if they don't understand what an

emergency is, then it doesn't really apply that this person does understand.

So you'll want to ask your child to define "What's an emergency?" and see what

the response is and so, you know, they may ask questions that you need

to further dive into, with helping them understand your child's definition of an

emergency. It might be "I really need a Coke today, that's an emergency for me,"

So, we really want to make sure that what they're recording is actually truly

reflective of their competence.

One of the things that we like to suggest is,

that if you can find another person to come and entertain your child for an

hour, that once you have had the opportunity for the social worker to

meet your son, or daughter, or your client, that they take them in another room to

watch a TV show, or take them for a walk, or whatever, just to get them out of the

room, if possible, because you're going to be talking about their hygiene and their

their inability to do things for themselves, and it's it's not a good

emotional boost for them, and so, we want to make sure that, you know, we're

maintaining their dignity in this process, as well as getting the hours

that are necessary to keep them at home.

So that's just a suggestion, and I'll leave that up to you.

There's something called the functional index scale and

this is what it looks like.

As you can see, one is "I can do it all by myself,

I don't need any prompting; I don't need any help and I can accomplish it."

And then, as you go down, there's different kinds of support that the person might

need, up into number five, who cannot perform.

For instance, somebody with a developmental disability,

who cannot cook for themselves because they're unaware of safety and health.

That would be a five.

We want to make sure that when

we're recording the information about how we're helping our child, we're indicating

"Did I do it for them because they can't?"

"Did I just have to remind or walk them through the process?"

"Do they need a little bit of hands-on help?"

and so on. You kind of get the idea, I hope.

These slides go into more detail about each one of those functional index rankings.

You can look at that and really decide if you think your

child needs a total help, or a different kind, where they're just being prompted.

Now there's a number six, and that's a Paramedical Service so if you're doing,

as we talked about earlier, maybe some G-tube care or suctioning, then that

would be something that is totally required and it falls into a different

category and you'll notice this italicized text here, "Laundry only uses

ranks one, four, and five," so just an FYI.

There's some limits on the number of hours for some of the items.

For domestic help, this is where we're talking

18 and older; so people who don't know how to make their bed, or don't see

the importance of it, or change their sheets, or, vacuum and dust, and

things maybe they're not safe with chemicals, so six hours a month is

typically what you're going to get for that Laundry, an hour a week, unless

you're using a laundromat, food and shopping, an hour. Other shopping and

errands, a half an hour per week. Now, if your child requires extra laundry,

because of their disability, or because of their hygiene, or because they're

just needed, then, you would be able to ask for an increase in those hours.

A lot of the clients that are applying for IHSS are also regional

center clients, so this only applies to regional center clients.

In-Home Support Services and Respite are not the same

Respite means you are going off to relax, rejuvenate.

It does not mean that you are doing someone's laundry.

So the intent for the service is focused on you when you're getting Respite.

If you have difficulty, because we've heard, on occasion, that, maybe, a service

coordinator who's new says, "Well now that you have IHSS, you don't need as much

Respite." But remember that's different.

The different intent for that.

You can call OCRA, which is Office of Clients Right to Advocate for assistance

when needed, if you're having difficulty, and that's true for any regional center

service. But we recommend that you try to resolve it with your service coordinator,

and if not there, then with their manager before you call the OCRA office.

You're going to become an educator.

A lot of the social workers at In-Home Support Services

may have never worked with people who have a developmental disability.

And as you know, I'm sure you've heard, the phrase of:

"If you've met one person with autism, you've met one person with autism,"

and the rules of engagement are different for every individual, whether it's autism, or

intellectual disabilities, or cerebral palsy; we want to make sure that

you're educating that person about your child. Remember, they are making a

decision about the level of need for your child in an hour, maybe an hour and

a half, so you want to be succinct, you want to be prepared.

So, Measuring the Need, this is a great worksheet that you can use to track the time.

I'm going to click through so you can see what it looks like.

And here is an IHSS fair hearing and self-assessment packet.

This, if you scroll down, I think it's page 33, and I'm going to scroll.

I don't know if it'll let me do that, but let's try. Yeah it did.

Page 33:

You can just put down the moments that you're doing things for each of these areas.

You can print two copies, do two weeks worth, and get a good average.

It's a wonderful document to be able to use.

And, again, it starts on page 33.

I'm going to go back

to the beginning, because I want you to see that there is a lot of really good information.

There's information about children, there's share of cost information.

Anyway it's a really good document for you to consider downloading.

Let's go back to our slideshow.

oops.

okay.

So as I said, we're looking for an average of time,

because you might do the same task and one day it takes five

minutes, and the next time it takes 50, so depending on the level of the ability

for your child to cooperate, or to be physically able to be supported,

it might take twice the time on some days versus others, so you definitely

want to be averaging out.

We talked about domestic supports being limited to six hours a day,

but, for example, if your person also has severe allergies, or

asthma, and you need to keep things clean and dust every day, or vacuum every day,

then, certainly, you can bring that to the attention of the social worker and they

would consider that

You're doing extra laundry, you're cleaning up after accidents,

you're changing bed sheets frequently, you'll want it, again, that's

why we say do it over the course of two weeks. It doesn't have to be two

continuous weeks, it might be, you know, I know, you guys are busy and so maybe you

skip a couple of days, we'll just resume it, but guessing will probably undervalue

the time that you are spending.

So, Protective Supervision we've talked about what that is, so let's go a little bit more.

Again, make sure that you

are asking them to consider Protective Supervision for your person.

You will need some documentation and evidence of needs, so that tracking

is really, really important for this, because if you look at the income for a

service provider, an independent provider, providing IHSS, if somebody's getting the

maximum number of hours, we're talking about $42,000 in income per year for

somebody that receives 283 hours, and as taxpayers, and as

the community, we want to make sure that who's getting that kind

of money out of taxpayer dollars, it's necessary, so we don't want people to

just say "Yeah, I need it," and have somebody just go "Okay;" we want to make

sure that the documentation is there, and that way, there's no question about the need.

So here's what it says about Protective Supervision for children.

Just because somebody has an intellectual impairment,

does not mean they're automatically qualified.

There's plenty of kids who have intellectual impairment, who also are relatively safe.

They are going to look at the age comps of the child.

So, when the child is five, most children can be left to,

maybe watch a show while mom goes and does a lot of laundry in the

other part of the house. There are some children, who are five with a

developmental disability, who cannot be left alone while mom goes and does a

load of laundry in another part of the house.

They're going to really look at age comparisons, it does not include protector, I'm sorry,

routine child care or supervision, so that would be a different service and you can get

that from regional center, if your child's a regional center client; you can

get some support for child care when a parent is working.

It's also not for any of these,

and the one that I'm going to focus on is Anticipation of a Medical Emergency

because, a lot of times it, comes up at trainings by parents who

have children with seizures is, "Well, what if my child has a seizure, might

fall and hit his head." Well, sadly, it's still not one of the services that

In-Home Support Services provides Protective Supervision for,

so it's not going to be something that you need to write down.

On the other hand if, your child has a seizure and they're postictal,

which means following the seizure period of time and they're not able to be told

stay seated or you might fall down and they keep getting up because of their

cognitive impairment that might be covered so it's really a situational

an evidentiary process of how you're going to provide the evidence of need to

the social worker and compare it to a medical emergency. That's a tough one

sometimes. The other thing is I want to focus on is the antisocial or aggressive

behavior of the person receiving IHSS. So In-Home Support Services does not

provide supports around behavior, so if you say, "Well, my child might go hitting

someone and then get hurt" They're gonna say, "mmm that's not our area". But the

Regional Center if your child's a regional center client, they might be

able to help you with behavioral supports, or the school can help you with

behavioral supports, so if you find yourself in that situation and you need

help identifying resources give us a call at PHP, we can probably guide you in

in what direction to take. All right, I think we covered that a little bit, but

let me just make sure that I covered the Exception of the Medical

Prevention. So let's say you have a child with an intellectual disability, who

was pretty unaware of danger, and they break their leg, and they're in a

wheelchair, and they're casted. Now some people who might be in a wheelchair with

a casted leg who don't have intellectual disabilities might get up and try to get,

you know, a soda out of the refrigerator that they can't quite reach, and they

might fall down, and they'll say, "Oh I shouldn't have done that."

(cough)pardon me. But if it's a person with an intellectual disability who is in the

same situation and they decide to get up because they really want a soda, and they

don't understand, if I get up I'm going to fall down and injure my leg further

or injure something else, it's due to their cognitive impairment, then that

would be covered. It's confusing, right? All right, so 24/7 coverage, what does

that mean? It means that somebody that has a high level of need,

a high level of activities of daily living supports, and protective supervision. So

they don't provide 24/7 coverage through In-Home Support Services, but you will

tell them outside of those maximum number of hours that your child receives,

how is that person going to be covered 24 hours a day for their safety and

health. So you'll be able to write an explanation on a form that tells them

you know my child's at school from this time to that time, after school I pick

them up, and we go have dinner and, you know whatever it is that you do.

On the weekends they're always with a family member. So you can kind of

scope that out maybe scratch, you know do some chicken scratches, to make sure that

you have that, so it's not as intimidating it's really not as

complicated as it sounds, so don't let that intimidate you. Some people ask

about why are children and adults

prone to injury, and this is a nice list. So this might help stimulate some of

your thoughts of what it is that your child needs supports with, and how to

keep them safe, and and, you know, kind of reduce the risk for them. But you know, we

may get the maximum number of IHSS hours, but does that mean they're going to have

a lifetime of injury free situation? Probably not, because everybody has

accidents and even the most attentive provider sometimes misses something. So

the high pain tolerance is important. So people who have a high pain tolerance

will get into a very hot shower and before you know it, they've been

scalded, and so that's kind of, if you aren't sure what that means, that's kind

of what that means. So it might be somebody who you have to tend to while

in the shower constantly because they may change the, you know, the regulator on

the temperature, and end up being scalded. So here's some other examples of what

could happen if this person was left alone, or maybe it has happened as you as

your child ages, or you get, you know, they have more opportunity of risk, and so

these are just some things for you to think about.

So we also recommend that you begin a list of situations that have resulted or

could have resulted in harm to your child, because of their lack of awareness

of safety, and so there are some examples here for you to look at, some ways to

look at what kind of support they needed, what was the risk, and again what was the

situation. So I encourage you to start getting a list of this.You can also

share this list, and there's a download with this list with other

child care providers who work with your son or daughter or client, their day

program if they're an adult, with school, to just document the potential for risk.

Here's an example of, actually this was my daughter's, and so you know it was a

good example for us to use. This was a long time ago but it's still a good

example. So the three factors in assessing

protective supervision are memory, orientation, and judgment. And so, let's

say it's, you know, it's storming outside, it's winter, it's storming, and your

person goes, comes, you know, ready for program or school in shorts and a

t-shirt. They're unaware of the weather. They're also using bad judgment, right? So

we're looking for these three areas. A lot of our kids don't learn from past

experiences, so you know, we, we may think that we're doing a great job of every

time, you know, they have to do something we tell them and they're going to

remember, and one of these days it's gonna stick. Not necessarily. So memory

would be recalling learned behavior. So maybe they've almost had a near miss

with a car, maybe they've been hit by a car, yet they still walk out into the

street. So keep thinking about all of those potential risks. Now they want

these risk factors to be recent, within the last six months or year, so when they

were five, and they're at 17, that doesn't matter. They want to know present day,

what are the risks. So let's talk about the hours that someone might receive.

Remember I said activity date of daily living is gonna keep coming up, and

here's where it's very critical. So both the list of potential risks and

the activities of daily living are critical in your documentation, because

if your person has less than 20 hours of activities of daily living supports, and

that was things like bathing, and grooming, and food preparation, and all of

that stuff, if they have less than 20 hours, the maximum number of hours that

they will receive from IHSS is 195 and they are considered non severe.

For 20-plus hours a week they would receive up to 283 hours a month. So just

a reminder of the activities of daily living.

Now let's talk about the forms I mentioned that we were going to go over.

The forms- this first form SOC 8 7 3 is the first form that you're going to

receive from them to have filled out, and this is going, it's a two-page document,

they're going to send this to your doctor, or they're going to ask you to.

I'm going to actually go show you how to find this later. So if I do SOC, I think

it was 873, and I go to find that form on the website, let's just, yeah 873,

application form PDF- and here it is- and it looks different than what I'm used to.

Maybe this is the application for IHSS. Let's go back- that's not, that's not the

one we want. Here's IHSS program forms and here's 873,

and the nice thing about finding it online is you can fill it out right here.

So you can fill this out, print it, provide it to the physician, and it is a

really nice clean way to provide this information. Let's go back to our slide

show. This is the other form, and this form is, is very important in the process

of determining the need for protective supervision, so I'm going to just focus

on this for a minute. They're going to ask for the patient's last date seen

by the physician, length of time, prognosis for disability, here's the

conditions, and then they're going to ask, remember, those three areas? Memory,

orientation and judgment, and at what level of impairment does this person

function. So they will check a box, and they also request that there be some

examples in here, and typically, these are not things that we talk to our doctors

about very often when you take them, when they have a cold, you take them, you know

when it's time for a physical, but these things typically don't come up a lot. And

unless the person is spending a lot of time in the doctor's office, the

physician may be unaware. So we recommend that you provide examples for the doctor

so that they can fill this form out in a way that really is going to reflect the

need of the person that is being requested protective supervision for, and

you can find this form the same way. Go to your browser

and- I think it's 820- I can type right now-

I'm just changing the number because it should come right up- folks 821. I'm just

gonna change that zero to a one and there's the form, and you can fill

this out as an example for the doctor what you believe to be true. Maybe

provide the same documentation that you prepared about risk of injury for the

social worker. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have that as a part of the medical

documentation, so that when you apply for SSI or other benefits it's already in

the medical record. So this form is a one-page form. Now what I like to suggest

people do is, before you have the assessment get this form to the doctor

have them fill it out. I usually have their office call me when it's ready and

I go pick it up, cuz I don't want it to get lost in the sea of mail that's, you

know, arriving at the IHSS Senter Road office. So I usually go pick it up and

make the copy I keep a copy for my own records, and I provide the other copy to

the social worker. This, the 24-day coverage plan, remember I

talked about that earlier. Now you're gonna fill out the top part

or your social worker is going to fill it out. You're gonna list the other

providers that take care of the person, and then you're going to describe how

this coverage is being provided to keep this person safe 24/7, and so it's pretty

simple. A notice of action will be sent to you after the after the

assessment. They may even call you, and say, okay, here's what we determined, but

this is what the notice of action looks like on the right. You're going to get

that, you may or may not agree with everything they have on it. At the bottom

it will say total minutes of service you can get per month, total hours, and that

will be 283 hours in this document, but if you look at the left side, it tells

you where they're applying those hours and minutes - and if there's any changes

they show up over here. And sometimes, there are changes. If you're being

reassessed and you see a significant reduction, it's possible that there was a

data entry error, and you should ask the service or the social worker to recheck

the numbers and make sure that was entered properly. That just happened to

me this year with my daughter's application, and so he found that he was

putting it in for a day instead of a month, or a month instead of a day, I

don't know, anyway, we got it corrected. And I was pleased that he took care

of that, so if you have questions about these documents it's best to communicate

with the service or the social worker directly. So let's talk about your child

gets approved. Now you need to hire people to help support your child with

those hours. They're all called Independent Providers whether it's you

or whether is a neighbor or a friend or somebody

that you've connected with through the Public Authority. Independent Providers

get 13 dollars an hour in Santa Clara County, well, one of the highest-paid

counties in the state. If someone works at least 35 hours, they're eligible for

health, dental and the Vision Plan at only $25 a month, and it's wonderful

coverage through Valley Health Plan. They get a free Clipper card, which means you

can ride VTA for free. They may become union members, it's now $40 a month, but

it provides you to access to discounts and other benefits. You can look at the

Union Benefits page once you get that information. And they also provide free

training, so they provide CPR, First Aid, Transferring, all kinds of really good

opportunities that are free for the IP to attend and in multiple languages. But

they do not pay you to attend those trainings. There's an overview of IHSS, a

statewide listing of IHSS offices if you're not in San Jose area, in the Santa

Clara County, you'll check that list for your local place. I mention the Public

Authority a couple of times, and that is kind of the employer of record for

independent providers, even though they're considered independent

consultants. So, if we go to this page, let's just do that,

you will see provider enrollment, the training opportunities, the registry,

provider benefits, and the advisory board. So it's a very useful link to bookmark

for the future, and so we encourage you to, to take a peek at that. If you need

supports, if you've been totally denied and you really think you have a case,

Disability Rights California may represent you. The whole page for IHSS

for the county is here. There's a Mental Health Advocacy Project if you have

somebody who has mental health support needs, and you need help around that, and

I did create a handout with the document, so that you can just click on

them, and go to the side so you don't have to try to type all those letters

and numbers in because I never get them right. Here's the number to call when you

are ready in Santa Clara County. If you're not in Santa Clara County, again,

refer to that other list on this page, and it's the second link. Have your

child's Social Security number, they're going to check to make sure your child

has Medi-Cal, and it must be full scope Medi-Cal, unless it's share-of- cost, and

most of our folks that doesn't apply. If that applies to you, give us a call, we

can help guide you around that, but have the Social Security number, they're going

to make sure in the system that Medi-Cal is in place. If it's not, they're going to

tell you, and they're not even going to do an intake over the phone. So if you

have questions afterward, give us a call at four zero eight, seven two seven, five

seven seven five, or you can visit some of the links that we provided in the

handouts, but we're happy to help you if you're confused by anything. You can

always rewatch this video. Feel free to share it with others because we want to

make sure people are able to safely keep their child at home and have the

supports they need. Here's some other programs that are available here at

Parents Helping Parents, also listed in your handouts, and we encourage everyone

who finds this beneficial or any PHP service beneficial, to please support our

agency. We're a lot like PBS, we're, your memberships and your donations really

make a difference at our agency and allow us to continue to further

educating and and empowering families to be their child's best advocate. So that's

it for today, and I hope to get to meet you in the future, again, my name is Trudy,

and take care- have a great day.

For more infomation >> Preparing for the IHSS Assessment - Duration: 44:44.

-------------------------------------------

Music Alters My Gym Mindset | Brian DeCosta: Build Your Body - Duration: 2:42.

(upbeat electronic music)

- [Narrator] Music has always been a huge,

huge outlet for me.

It's similar to fitness and body building.

It's like creative expression,

being able to create something from scratch

or present something to somebody

whether it's sound, whether it's your physical appearance,

being able to look in the mirror and be like,

"How do I want to present myself on stage?"

That takes a creative eye,

aside from just "Oh, you have low body fat."

Listening to music definitely alters

my mind state in the gym.

They match with each other.

There's nothing like when a song that you love

or a song that has heavy bass

or if it's electronic music like a drop that comes on

when you're doing squats to push you over that edge.

Fitness, for me, means discipline,

and not just physical discipline.

Mental fitness, spiritual fitness.

I think it's just acknowledging

that we have to do things to get better,

and that's really what fitness is.

It's a sharpness of mind

and dedicating ourselves to our goals.

With music, similar to the gym, I like shutting the door,

turning on a song, and really just losing myself.

When it's not a part of my weekly routine, I feel off.

It has to be something that I fit in

and once I do, I'm just more at ease.

I wouldn't say building my body is easy now,

but I would say it's definitely easier

that what it's been in the past.

I've been in the gym training for eight, nine years now,

and it's just a matter of forming those habits,

but it always requires just a certain level

of discipline every day.

Exercise in general became an escape for me

because it was a place where I could go where I didn't have

any of the day's obligations weighing me down,

I didn't have to focus on school,

I didn't have to focus on anything else.

You go to the gym,

and all you have to do is execute on the exercise,

and I quickly realized these benefits I'm seeing in the gym,

they're positively impacting my relationship with my family,

with my friends in school, and I was like,

"This is more than just the gym."

Something so simple affected everything else.

I build my body so I can be sure I'm leading my optimal life

inside the gym, outside the gym,

and also showing others that it is possible

to create the body that they want and the body

that's going to help them with their optimal life.

(upbeat electronic music)

Build your confidence.

Build your creativity.

Build your body,

build your life.

Bodybuilding.com.

(upbeat electronic music)

For more infomation >> Music Alters My Gym Mindset | Brian DeCosta: Build Your Body - Duration: 2:42.

-------------------------------------------

Hunting for Mermaids and Unicorns Dollar Tree Haul Toys More - Duration: 10:44.

what do you think does this look like a good enough spot yeah I think it's as

good as any where did you bring the stuff that we need it's right here in my

backpack all right I've got the binoculars and I've got the

walkie-talkie so shall we split up to cover more ground sounds good to me

oh hey girls hey hey what are you girls up to with binoculars and a walkie talkie

Shh oh okay what are you girls up to with binoculars and the walkie talkie

we're trying to find mermaids and unicorns Oh mermaids and unicorns Shh oh sorry

mermaids and unicorns yeah we think we found the perfect spot

actually I think I may help you with a little bit of that oh really

have you found the mermaid or a unicorn well I have done some shopping and I

have a shopping haul with mermaids and unicorns that's great

perfect or do you want to see them yes okay well let me go get them this is

awesome perfect this was easier than I thought

well are you girls ready oh yes bring on the unicorns and mermaids well let's do

just that what we have is we have been shopping at the Dollar Tree oh we love

the Dollar Tree and the target dollar bins oh they have the best stuff you

found unicorns and mermaids there we sure did so let's show you what we found

they're so pretty we have four different beautiful mermaids from the Dollar Tree

how about we do it in a snap Oh up first is this lovely mermaid

that's in pink she has dark hair that's in a ponytail and then a side-swept

ponytail she has a metallic looking pink top with pink straps and then look at

her pretty skirt isn't that pretty that's got the little

tulip cut at the bottom and then look at all the pretty detailing that's on her

tail so pretty and what we need for these mermaids is to get them in some

water right away oh yes please I wouldn't want to dry out well there is a

mermaid pool just for you oh I'll just swim right on over there oh it feels so

good to put a tail in look at our pretty mermaid in blue with her blue top that

matches her blue tail and she also has the shimmery gold skirt and blonde hair

and ooh look at that braid she does she has a purple braid for extra color in

her hair I think I'm gonna go wet my tail in that water

ah and looky here look at our sunshine yellow mermaid and she's got an

off-the-shoulder top and her skirt is yellow with what looks like glittery

shell print on it she has oh dear it does look like the back of her hair she

does have the pretty yellow streak it might need a little bit of brushing

coming out of her packaging swim hair don't care off to the pool and there

goes our third mermaid into the water and last but definitely not least I

think she is my favorite of them all look at

this beauty with her silky dark hair that's done in a pony and look at the

special detailing on her top with the ruffle on the shoulder she's got the

scalloped prints and the silver and the skirt that matches and look at that

beautiful green tail oh she definitely is probably my favorite which one's your

favorite let's get her to the pool in she goes with her friends and while our

mermaids are floating there let's talk about some of the other things that we

found and while we are talking about mermaids we also are talking about

unicorns aren't these awesome we got these at the dollar tree as well look

how cool they're lipgloss let's get it open

and see look how pretty with its purple and pink and actually it is purple I

don't know if it's showing up blue or not but it's a purple and a pink with a

gold horn it's such pretty eyes so let's open it here Oh looky there

let's try it oh it smells like grape that smells so good oh those are so cute

let's see what the other one is well here is our second one and this one is

done in pinks let's get it open and this pretty little pink one has a

silver glitter horn and a rosy pink lip gloss let's try it oh it smells so good

it smells like apples sweet apples oh and it feels so good on your lips oh

don't you love her and also to go along with our mermaid and our unicorn

look how cute we've got our mermaid keychain with a green soft fluffy and a

shimmery blue tail and look here here's the unicorn and these can clip right

onto your backpack oh isn't that neat and while you're

accessorizing your backpack you can accessorize your own hair with this

super fun unicorn headband and look how pretty it looks on

Rose so it can be for you or you can share it with your dolls super cute I

love it and while we're talking about backpacks look at these notepads one in

a mermaid and one with a unicorn this one says I believe in magic and looky

here it's got little lined paper in it for you to record all of your special

thoughts and here's the unicorn one with it's it's spiral bound and look at his

fun little sunglasses and it says sparkle and that's what we hope every

day you see a little sparkle in your day and it is also lined and of course with

every fabsome notebook there should be a spectacular pen to go along with it it

isn't this one spectacular so fluffy and look at the cute little polka dots at

the bottom let's see how it writes

I'd say it writes very well and WI fans make sure you always find your sparkle

and then look at these amazing stickers these two we found at the Dollar Tree

aren't they great they're actually a raised sticker and can you see that can

you see the glitter in there? Believe in magic I'd rather be a mermaid and mer-

mazing and then look at the unicorns and all the amazing colors they put on

each one so pretty and then this one this sticker book there's 200 plus

stickers in here this one we got at Target and look at the amazing variety

that they have in here there's a little toucan mermaids rainbows narwhals and of

course unicorns chill out and look at the kitty on our bicycle and fizzy pop!

let's see which one shall we choose which one which we want I think we'll

choose this one the pink flamingo and the toucan and there we go

and we'll put it right here under find your sparkle isn't that appropriate with

such a beautiful sparkly ring those are mer-mazing!

so uni-cool! and you know how sometimes accidents can happen but something like

this can make it seem so much better look at these super cute super cute

super cute band-aids that we found they have the little ballerina the rainbow

and of course a unicorn and there's 20 in a box those are definitely something

to keep around and finally look at these they're flying unicorns

let's get them out and let's see oh look they are so stretchy and look at his cute

little horn and you put your finger in there let's see we go flying Wow those

are super duper cool oh I love them well what do you think about our mermaid and

unicorn haul I just think it's dreamy and magical well WI fans what was your

favorite part of the haul and are you team mermaid or Team Unicorn

make sure to LIKE comment share and subscribe and don't forget to fly over

to our other videos well that's our collection for now until next time

For more infomation >> Hunting for Mermaids and Unicorns Dollar Tree Haul Toys More - Duration: 10:44.

-------------------------------------------

Top 4 kitchen Gadget - you must have !! - Duration: 2:38.

For more infomation >> Top 4 kitchen Gadget - you must have !! - Duration: 2:38.

-------------------------------------------

William Winters Leverett: Things Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com - Duration: 12:15.

William Winters Leverett: Things Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

A 27-year-old registered sex offender has been arrested in the 2014 stabbing death of a Connecticut woman who was killed while jogging along a trail in Simsbury.

William Winters Leverett turned himself in at police headquarters on September 19 and confessed to the murder of Melissa Millan, the Hartford Courant reports.

Leverett, a Windsor Locks resident who was convicted of sexual assault of a child in 2011 while living in Colorado, was identified by multiple law enforcement sources as the suspect, the Courant reports.

Millan, a 54-year-old insurance executive and mother of two children, was killed the evening of November 20, 2014.

Simsbury Police had spent several years investigating the case with help from other agencies, including the Connecticut State Police and the FBI.

A $40,000 reward had been offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction and the case was listed on the state's Cold Case website.

Simsbury Police confirmed in a press release Sunday night that Leverett had been arrested and charged with murder.

Here's what you need to know about William Winters Leverett and the murder of Melissa Millan:.

Millan Was Stabbed in the Chest During What Police Believe Was a Random Attack as She Jogged on a Popular Trail in the Center of Simsbury.

Melissa Millan was found on a popular walking and biking trail on Iron Horse Boulevard in the center of Simsbury on November 20, 2014, according to police.

Simsbury Police, "responded to a report of a female pedestrian lying in the roadway on Iron Horse Boulevard shortly after 8 p.m.

The initial caller indicated the woman might have fallen off a bicycle," according to Connecticut's Cold Case website.

"When the first officer responded, several people were standing over a woman lying on her left side covered in blood next to the footpath near the Rotary Park playground.

Officers performed CPR on the unresponsive victim who was then transported to St.

Francis Hospital in Hartford where she was pronounced dead shortly before 9 p.m.

… An autopsy by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined that Ms.

Millan died of a stab wound and her death was classified as a homicide.".

No weapons were found.

According to the Hartford Courant, it is believed that she was randomly attacked by the suspect, now identified as William Winters Leverett.

No one witnessed the assault, which police believe occurred between 7:30 and 8 p.m., the Courant reports.

The crime stunned the quiet community of Simsbury, a town in Hartford County with little crime.

"It shocked the living daylights out of me," Simsbury resident Gail Musson told the Courant in 2015.

"Simsbury is our sweet little town.

It's so in the forefront of my mind.

I think about it a lot and every time I drive down Iron Horse Boulevard.

The crime, the situation is a nightmare.

It's frightening.".

In June 2015, Simsbury police announced a $40,000 reward in the case and revealed there was "some physical evidence from the crime scene that will help us identify the person or persons responsible for her death." Police Chief Peter Ingvertsen said in a statement in 2015, "Based on the initial observations and findings by Simsbury Police Officers, the Connecticut State Police Major Crimes Squad was requested to assist with the identification, collection and preservation of any evidence of a crime.

Simsbury Police Investigators have been working with local, state and federal agencies to analyze evidence and follow all leads … This is an isolated act, not common at all to this community.

Simsbury is safe and we suggest that you take normal day to day precautions.".

Lisa Heavner, who was at the time the town's First Selectwoman, said in a statement, "This investigation remains the top priority to the Town of Simsbury and its Police Department.

Our approach has been to use all of the resources at our disposal.

And I want to recognize and thank the federal and state officers who have been assisting us since the very beginning of this case.

… Simsbury is a safe community.

The case remains active and ongoing and as you heard from the Chief, we believe this is an isolated incident.

We haven't seen anything like this in the past and we haven't seen anything like this since.".

Leverett, Who Walked Into the Police HQ With Members of a Religious Organization & Said He Couldn't Live With What He Had Done, Kept 'Items' From the Attack.

William Winters Leverett walked into the Simsbury Police Department headquarters the night of Wednesday, September 19, and confessed to killing Melissa Millan, the Hartford Courant reports.

Multiple law enforcement sources told The Courant that Leverett was accompanied by members of his church and he told police he could no longer live with what he had done.

According to police sources who spoke to the newspaper, Leverett described what Millan was wearing when she was attacked and killed.

Leverett also brought police to where he had hidden some items he kept from the night of the killing, the Courant reports.

The sources did not tell the newspaper what those items were and where they were located.

After Leverett came to the Simsbury Police headquarters, the department requested the State Police Major Crimes Squad detectives help, according to the Courant.

It is not clear when a warrant was signed charging Leverett with murder.

Leverett is scheduled to appear Monday at state Superior Court in Enfield, WFSB-TV reports.

It is not clear if he has hired an attorney.

He Was Arrested in Colorado on Sexual Assault Charges in 2009 When He Was 18 & Pleaded Guilty in 2011, but Was Not Sentenced to Prison Time.

William Leverett has been listed on the Connecticut sex offender registry since 2011, but he has never been arrested or convicted of a crime in the state, online records show.

A was arrested in 2010 as an 18-year-old on sexual assault charges while living in Colorado, records there reveal.

According to online records viewed by Heavy, Leverett was charged September 1, 2009, with aggravated sexual assault of a child, sexual assault of a child with a pattern of abuse, sexual assault of a child and sexual assault with no consent using force or a threat.

In May 2011, Leverett pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a child and the other three charges were dropped.

He was sentenced in August 2011 to probation along with $431 in restitution and more than $6,000 in additional fees.

Further details about the case were not immediately available.

Leverett Moved to Connecticut in 2011 – Not Long After His Guilty Plea – & Lived at His Grandparents' House Near the Crime Scene Before Moving to Windsor Locks.

Will Leverett lived in Colorado with his mother until moving to Connecticut in 2011, where he lived with his grandparents on Goodrich Road in Simsbury.

Goodrich Road is located less than two miles from Iron Horse Boulevard, where Millan was killed.

A source told Heavy that Leverett has been working at a grocery store in the Simsbury area for several years.

According to the sex offender registry, Leverett has most recently been living in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.

Simsbury Police said Leverett was arrested on September 23 at his apartment on Seymour Road in Windsor Locks after a warrant was signed charging him with murder.

For more infomation >> William Winters Leverett: Things Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com - Duration: 12:15.

-------------------------------------------

SBOOKTOBER 2018 Announcement!! - Duration: 10:22.

hello booktube I'm Vanessa and today I'm here to tell you that Sbooktober 2018 is happening!

So if you haven't been around the last two years

basically Sbooktober is an event that I run every October with the help

of my wonderful and amazing co-hosts where we just fill the entire month of

October with festivity and celebration to help everyone enjoy and celebrate

October and just live our best spooky October lives honestly. We do photo

challenges and video challenges, we give away prizes, we have a read-a-thon where

we get to read spooky Halloween themed books, we do Twitter sprints and we have

a group book and we do a movie watch along nights where we get to watch

spooky October movies together, and basically the gist of it is that we just

have a total blast for the entire month of October together and this year we are

doing it again. This year's hosts are myself, Reggie from Don't Stop Readin', Zarriah

from Zarriah Rose, Derby from Derby Lane Reading, and Chelsea Palmer. And they're

all such amazing wonderful fun-filled people, I really encourage you to go

subscribe to each of their channels, not just because they're awesome but also

because each of us hosts our own challenges during Sbooktober and if you

want all of the updates you want to be subscribed to all of your Sbooktober

hosts. And we have some really really fun stuff in line this year. So as usual we

have our photo and video challenges, and like I said the way that these work is

that each week a different host will be hosting their photo challenge and their

video challenge during that week. The first week is hosted by a Reggie from

Don't Stop Readin' and her video challenge is to decorate your

bookshelves for Halloween, which is always super fun and a great way to just

get in the October spirit. And her photo challenge is to take a picture with a

fall aesthetic. The week two challenges are hosted by myself, and my video

challenge is to film a video at or about a spooky location. We did this the first

year and people had a lot of fun with it. You could go to a cemetery but please be

respectful if you do, keep in mind a cemetery is still a cemetery even if

you're doing something fun there. You could go to a haunted house or a place

the woods it always feels really spooky to you, just pick a location that has a

spookiness about it to you and film a video there, and this could be a vlog you

could tell us a little bit about this place you, could make up a story about

the place and tell us that story, anything you want, we definitely

encourage you to get creative with this. And my photo challenge is to make a fall

colored book stack. Week three's challenges are being hosted by Chelsea

Palmer, and her video challenge is to make a video about your bookish

nightmare, and her photo challenge is to make a pumpkin shape out of books. Week

four is hosted by Zarriah, and Zarriah's video challenge is to decorate a pumpkin,

and her photo challenge is to show off a bookish costume. And week five is hosted

by Derby from Derby Lane Reading, and her video challenge is going to be a bookish

get ready with me video, and her photo challenge is the good old books and

candy challenge. Everyone always has fun with this and who doesn't need an excuse

to buy some candy on Halloween? Since apparently we're too old to

trick-or-treat, I don't know what that's about. But you know what that's fine,

because you can go get your own candy and you can take a picture of it next to

some books and you can enter Derby's photo challenge. If you're interested in

entering any of the photo or video challenges for a chance to win some

prizes, you are more than welcome to start pre filming or start preparing

your pictures now. And the way that you will enter when the time comes is that

during that week's challenge you will enter your video entries by going to

that week's host's challenge video and leaving the link to your video in the

description. And you can enter the photo challenges by posting your photo on

Instagram during the challenge week with the @sbooktober tag, and please @ tag

us, not just hashtag us because it makes it easier for us to find your

entries. And then after the video and photo challenges, the month is still

not done because we still have a read-a-thon week! The read-a-thon week is

seven days and there are seven challenges, but this year things are a

little bit different, because this year everyone involved in Sbooktober is

going to be working together to fight a bad guy monster enemy! Whenever you

complete a reading challenge you will earn points and those points damage the

enemy, until hopefully we can defeat him. And you even get to decide

the way that you want to fight this creature by picking what kind of

Halloween creature you want to be and which clan you want to join. We have five

different clans of Halloween creatures all teaming up to fight the monster. We

have the Lycans who are headed by it myself, the Vampire Bats who are led by

Chelsea, the Brujas being led by Derby, Zarriah will be leading the Corpse Brides,

and Reggie will be the leader of the Black Cats. Now it matters which clan you

decide to join because each clan has different reading challenges. The first

five reading challenges of the read-a-thon are the same for everyone, so

we're doing all of those together, but then the last two challenges of the

read-a-thon are specific for each clan. So the five challenge is that everyone

will be doing together are: Number one, join Sbooktober, and this is to just

join in the festivities by reading a Halloween themed book of your choice. And

this can be a thriller or a horror or something fun and light-hearted, maybe

like a supernatural kind of book, anything that just gives you the vibe of

October or Halloween you go ahead and read it and that will count for

challenge one. Challenge two is to clan up, and this is to pick a clan and read a

book featuring that Halloween creature. So if you join the Lycans,

read a book with werewolves, if you join the Corpse Bride feel free to read a

book with any kind of bride, they don't have to be dead. This can be a book that

is about that creature or has that creature on the cover or has the name of

that creature in the title. Challenge three is to enter the haunted house

where we will be fighting the monsters, and this challenge is to read a book set

in a haunted house or that has a haunted house in it, or again, on the cover or

anything like that. Challenge number four is to do an incantation, and this is to

read a poetry collection or a short story collection. And finally challenge

five is to face your fears and read a book that's based on something that you

are afraid of or have been afraid of at some point in your life. For me I'm

probably gonna end up reading a zombie book because I am horrified of zombies.

Okay and then like I said the last two questions depend on which clan you join.

So if you want to be a werewolf with me and join the Lycan team, your challenge

six will be to howl at the moon and read a book only at night, and pack

instinct which is to read a book that you feel like everyone else has read and

that you don't want to miss out on. If you're joining Chelsea with the vampire

bats your last two challenges will be: winging it, read a book that has winged

characters and/or wings on the cover. And sink your teeth in: read a book that

hooked you right from the first sentence. If you're going with Derby and the Brujas,

your challenges are: Book of Shadows, which is to read a book about the occult,

and circle of protection, which is to read a book while surrounded by candles

or crystals. You don't have to make a circle, you know, you can just have some

candles around and stuff. If you're gonna be a corpse bride with Zarriah, you have

undead matrimony which is to read a book that you predict you're going to love

forever, and say yes to the dress, which is to read a book with a dress on

the cover. And we all know that we all have books on our TBR with dresses on

the cover. If you're gonna hang out with Reggie and be a black cat your last two

challenges are cross someone's path, which is to read a book involving bad

luck, and witch's familiar, which is to read a book about a great friendship or

partnership. Now obviously Sbooktober is just about you guys having fun

and that's all we want to do, we just want to help everyone have fun in

October, so if you want to join more than one clan and do multiple challenges, if

you want to be a werewolf corpse bride, be our guest, do what makes you happy. If

you're not feeling some of the challenges and you just want to skip

them, you can skip them, any challenges that you complete still contribute to

fighting against the monster. Along with the read-a-thon we also have a group

book which we will all be reading together and chatting about in a Twitter

chat, and you can read this book at any point in the month, if you want to read

it in the beginning of the month or if you want to save it for the read-a-thon,

whenever you want, that group book is Undead Girl Gang, which is a newish book

that is about some girls in high school that are having some supernatural stuff

go on. You guys chose this book in a Twitter poll and I am so glad that this

is the book that won, because it just sounds so fun and I've heard people say

that it has Buffy vibes, and I am all here for that. And then the last things

that I want to talk about for this video is that during the read-a-thon we will

be hosting Twitter sprints so if you want to follow us on Twitter that

account is @sbooktobernews, and you really want to follow that account

because it's where we will be posting updates and

schedules and having the Twitter Sprintsm and having the movie watch

alongs, which brings me to my next point. Throughout the entire month of October

we will be hosting movie watch alongs on twitter where we can all just get

together and eat some popcorn or have some hot chocolate and just watch some

spooky movies. We like to have a good variety of movies so we'll have some

scary movies we'll have some fun movies. The schedule for the movie watch-alongs

will be released soon, definitely keep your eye out on Twitter. You can also

follow us on Instagram to keep updated about all of the photo challenges. So

yeah everything that you need should be linked down below, but if you have

any other questions or anything else that you want clarified or explained a

little bit, more go ahead and leave me a comment down below and I will definitely

get back to you as soon as possible and give you as much information as I can. I

am so excited about this year's Sbooktober and I really hope that you guys are

too! It is my favorite part of every single year and I love it when people

participate in it and they have fun and I get to see everybody just kind of

enjoying October together, because it's such a great time of year and this is

such a great community to get together with people and do fun stuff with. So I

really hope that you'll be joining us for some of the activities in Sbooktober.

You don't have to do everything by any means if you want to jump in, do

one challenge, do a reading challenge, watch one movie with us, anything, like

you are welcome, please join us, party with us, we would love to have you! So let

me know in the comments if you have any questions and also let me know if you're

gonna be doing Sbooktober with us this year! I really really hope that I get to

talk to you soon! Bye!

you

For more infomation >> SBOOKTOBER 2018 Announcement!! - Duration: 10:22.

-------------------------------------------

Dino Ewing: Things Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com - Duration: 7:45.

Dino Ewing: Things Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Dino Ewing was a freshman at Yale at the same time as Brett Kavanaugh and has described himself as a good friend of Kavanaugh's.

Ewing is one of several people who signed a statement defending Kavanaugh against recent accusations that Kavanaugh used sexually inappropriate behavior towards a young woman at Yale.

On Sunday night, the New Yorker published an article telling the story of Debbie Ramirez.

Ramirez was also an undergraduate at Yale at the same time as Kavanaugh.

She says that during freshman year, she was at a party with Kavanaugh and a few others, playing a drinking game.

She alleges that when she was drunk and lying on the floor, Kavanaugh opened up his pants and exposed himself to her, laughing.

You can read the full New Yorker article here, and you can read more about Ramirez here.

Dino Ewing, and a small group of other Yale students who knew Kavanaugh, sent a statement to the New Yorker in which they said they were "confident" that the allegations against Kavanaugh were not true.

Here's what you need to know about Dino Ewing:.

Ewing Signed a Statement Vouching for Kavanaugh's Good Character.

Ewing was one of six Yale students who signed a statement saying they did not believe Debbie Ramirez's accusations about him.

The statement read, in part,.

"We were the people closest to Brett Kavanaugh during his first year at Yale.

He was a roommate to some of us, and we spent a great deal of time with him, including in the dorm where this incident allegedly took place.

Some of us were also friends with Debbie Ramirez during and after her time at Yale.

We can say with confidence that if the incident Debbie alleges ever occurred, we would have seen or heard about it—and we did not.

The behavior she describes would be completely out of character for Brett.".

The statement adds that even though they were friends with Ramirez, she never said anything to them about Kavanaugh's behavior.

The statement reads,.

"In addition, some of us knew Debbie long after Yale, and she never described this incident until Brett's Supreme Court nomination was pending.

Editors from the New Yorker contacted some of us because we are the people who would know the truth, and we told them that we never saw or heard about this.".

He Was Kavanaugh's Teammate on Yale's JV Basketball Team.

While at Yale, Kavanaugh tried out unsuccessfully for the varsity basketball team.

He wound up playing for the junior varsity team — and so did Dino Ewing.

Ewing told the Associated Press that Kavanaugh was a popular player with lots of "smarts and work ethic" and described him as someone who other players wanted on their side in played pickup games.

Ewing said Kavanaugh was a loyal teammate who always stood up for his friends.

He said once, for example, Kavanaugh stepped right up up to take on a taller player on defense after Ewing got knocked down one game.

Ewing said that years later, the two men decided to run a half marathon together — and, he said, Kavanaugh beat him handily.

Ewing Is CFO at LogicWorks, a Web Hosting Company in NYC.

In 2017, Ewing started working as CFO of LogicWorks.

The company specializes in cloud automation and managed services and is based in New York City.

Before coming to LogicWorks, Ewing spent 17 years as CFO of Reval, a smaller company where Ewing had to wear a number of hats and fill a number of different roles.

Bloomberg notes that, while at Reval, Ewing was CFO, Treasurer and Secretary.

He was responsible for financial, human resource, and administrative management; he also handled corporate marketing for Reval.

Prior to Reval, Ewing worked as CFO for HealthFirst.

He Once Worked for New York's Department of Transportation.

Back in the 1990s, Ewing went to work for New York City's Department of Transportation.

He spent two years — from 1990 to 1992 — as the director of budget and analysis for the department.

It's not clear why Ewing only spent two years in the job.

He went to work for the Department of Transportation after a 3-year stint as a consultant for Booz Allen Hamilton.

Ewing Holds a BA from Yale and an MBA from Stanford.

Ewing was a student at Yale at the same time as Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The two men were in the same freshman class; they also played on the same basketball team.

After graduating from Yale, and working for a few years, Ewing went to Stanford and got an MBA.

He went on to a career in financial management.

For more infomation >> Dino Ewing: Things Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com - Duration: 7:45.

-------------------------------------------

Ridley: ULTIMATE Moveset?! - Got A Minute? - Duration: 1:16.

Ridley's hitting the big times, ladies and gentlemen, and the opportunity has our favourite

space pirate commander taunting tall!

This brutal bruiser has seen a lot of different designs in his day, and while his hunched

stance was inspired from the original Metroid, the level of detail expressed through elements

like his sickly ribcage can find their roots in Super Metroid, alongside dashes of Other

M reflected in those slick skull spikes.

Ridley's alternate colours showcase a variety of callbacks, too, from his narcissistic robot

and statue, to the boxart of Super Metroid and promotional artwork for Zero Mission.

He even takes on his Meta Ridley form first found in Metroid Prime!

When it comes to fighting, Ridley's known for unleashing barrages of fireballs and vicious

tail strikes, and both techniques have found their way into his moveset across specials,

smashes and tilts.

His iconic grab and drag hails from the Smash series itself, where it was first showcased

in Brawl's Subspace Emissary and later carried over into Metroid Other M.

Like you'd expect from a Dragon, Ridley's nimble in the air despite his size, so if

you decide to take the fight to the skies, you're sure to have a blast!

Hey there, pal.

Thanks for watching!

If you enjoyed this video, I suggest you take a gander over at Norfair.

Or if you're more of a Metroid Prime fan, might I interest you in some phazon?

There's plenty of fantastic Metroid content to enjoy, so have at it!

For more infomation >> Ridley: ULTIMATE Moveset?! - Got A Minute? - Duration: 1:16.

-------------------------------------------

Are You Looking for Advice or Encouragement? | HappyWithBaby.com | Catherine O'Brien, LMFT - Duration: 7:47.

Hey there. So I was supposed to be recording this video last week and I

ended up with some crazy virus. Apparently my kids are in school for

like not even two full weeks and I ended up getting sick. According to the doctor,

she thought it was something that they probably brought home, so I really

appreciated that, but definitely feeling on the mend now and actually have energy

and got back to my morning walk this morning, so that feels good.

But anyways, for those that don't know me I'm Catherine O'Brien at Happy With

Baby and today we're going to talk about advice. And sometimes it comes in the

form of unsolicited advice. I don't know if you've received that, but if you're a

parent, I'm gonna bet on the fact that you have because we get

unsolicited ice from lots of people from, you know, our family members, from elders,

from strangers in the grocery store, or even on the street. I once was--my husband and

i were once stoped on the street and were given advice, so that's always

always lovely. And, you know, it does not feel helpful all the time, right. And

sometimes it can feel really annoying and condescending, passive-aggressive,

frustrating, you fill in whatever feeling you have when you get unsolicited advice,

because I know there are many. But sometimes, we generally want to know things, right.

We want to know that we're doing the right things for our children, like

people want sleep advice, they want feeding advice, they want, you know, you

name it. I know we want to do it because we want to make sure that we're not

doing the wrong thing, right. So when we're in those moments of doubt or

overwhelm, what is it that we really need? Because let's be honest, I know that

motherhood--parenthood--definitely brings out all sorts of vulnerability. Like I

feel for many some of the most--No one wants to be doing things wrong and

causing harm. And I know we've read stories of the things that we do now for

our children affect them in the long term, right, and we don't want them to end

up with mommy or daddy issues, right. And this kind of

vulnerability I'm talking about--it's not always rational, but when we're a new

parent and a new parent, we can definitely feel it. We want to be,

we want to be confident and oftentimes we come from doing things that we're

really confident and competent in doing, but being a parent makes us feel, often

makes us feel less than our competent selves. So I had a mom--this is a good

friend of mine. She told me I could use this story. She told me that when she's

feeling uncertain or unsure of something, she will post a question in a mom's

Facebook group. And so, if you've ever been in Mom's Facebook group, you've

probably seen the vast array of questions people will post. And she said

what happens for her is that she finds when she starts getting advice, that she

has a rebuttal for everything. So I think that then begs the question, like what is

it that she's really looking for? When we're swimming in self-doubt, what

is it that we really need? Do we really want advice? Or do we want encouragement

and reinforcement that we're doing the right stuff? And then how do we know that?

How do we, you know, question ourselves? How can we determine what kind

of support it is that we need, right? So I have a couple tips to help you figure

that out. So the first one is when you-- say you do ask for advice. Just pause and

take a deep breath when you get advice. Even if you don't get--even if you

don't ask the question, pause and take a deep breath. And this this will go well

for in a lot of aspects of your life, not just in parenting, but--and I promise you,

you definitely aren't going to regret taking a moment to

take a deep breath and just breathe in for a second. Because you don't need to

react right now. We don't have to like--we don't have to respond to all the advice

we get. We can just take a deep breath and pause. It's a good number

one tip, right. And the second tip is self-reflect and be curious. Like what are you

feeling or what's what's this advice triggering

in you? And ask yourself a couple questions. So for example, if someone

offers you unsolicited advice and you find yourself feeling irritated by

it, ask yourself what is irritating about it right now? Is this suggestion just

totally philosophically against the things that you and your partner want to

do and raise your family? Is it inappropriate, or totally ineffective, or

you know, you've tried it and you're tired of people telling you the same

thing that you've already tried to do? Right. Or is it the messenger? Is this

person that's telling you it, no matter-- even if it was great advice, you just

couldn't hear it from this person because of maybe the way they say it,

maybe your history with them, whatever it is, you just can't hear it right now? Or

is it that you really don't need advice at all? You just want that validation.

Maybe you need someone to give you a hug or high-five or whatever, but just let

you know that you've got this, you're doing fine, like these are

concerns and issues that all parents have and not to worry about it. But

if you did ask for advice, maybe from a relative or a good friend or even on

social media, you can apply these same techniques, right. One of the things

especially like I'll see on social media is people come back at each other all

the time, and again, it's all in text so you have to read--people read tone

into things that aren't always necessarily there. So I think it's always

like to take a pause and breathe, and then ask yourself, what are you feeling?

Does this response feel helpful or not? And if yes, great. And if not, just

get curious of why it's not helpful and what is frustrating about it. And

maybe you didn't really, actually need advice. Or did you just need someone to

witness that you're struggling and kind of be with you in that moment and let

you know that everything's gonna be okay? Because I think that a lot of times,

that's what we really need. So the last tip I'd like to leave you with

regardless of whether you really need advice or regardless of whether any of

the advice is actually helpful to you or not is, let

all those different suggestions remind you that there's a

lot of ways to do things. There's not one right way to be a

parent. There's many right ways. And with each child you have and each situation,

there's many different ways to do things. And so remember that, okay. So your baby

is so lucky. Your child is so lucky to have you making all those tough

decisions and you're doing the absolute best that you can for them every single

day. And so I want you to remember that. So I would love to know what you do when

you're doubting yourself as a parent. When you have questions, do you ask for

advice? Do you--and what is it that you need? Are you--when you ask, do you really

need encouragement or do you really want them to give you advice? And then, who

is it that you typically turn to when you need, when you are doubting yourself?

Who do you ask for support? I'm curious. But anyways, until next time, I hope you

have a great day and take care of yourself.

For more infomation >> Are You Looking for Advice or Encouragement? | HappyWithBaby.com | Catherine O'Brien, LMFT - Duration: 7:47.

-------------------------------------------

What is Your Superpower? - Duration: 2:17.

My name is Rita De Mier and I am the Director of Marketing at the South

Florida Fairgrounds. I'mConnie Christman and I work in Yesteryear

Village at the South Florida Fair. So, I'm Matt Daly and I'm the Director of

Agriculture here at the South Florida Fair.

I think my superpower is, I'm honest. I'm real. I believe in people and I respect

people and it shows in my face, so, I think that's it. What you see is what you

get and I think that's my superpower.

To help people. I think that's

the biggest thing is I enjoy helping people, and so, I think that's my

superpower.

I'm Mr. nice guy. People take advantage

of that, and it's difficult at times. I've struggled with it, and thought that I

wasn't Mr. nice guy there for a while, but I always come back to it.

I think I can bring people together because they feel they can trust me.

They also believe that I'm dependable. So, if I promise that I'm

gonna do something for them I always come through. I do the best of my ability.

So, I think that I bring people together.

Out in the

community, I am involved in different organizations. I'm involved with my

church. The the biggest thing in my community would be - I'd say- helping at

the school, on the school level. With the schoolchildren as well as the teachers

to get them out here.

My friends tell me I'm actually outstanding in my field.

Here I am outstanding in my field!

you

For more infomation >> What is Your Superpower? - Duration: 2:17.

-------------------------------------------

Are your subscribers killing your videos? Sub4Sub 👍can be poisonous! ☠ - Duration: 8:52.

Are you unknowingly asking your subscribers to kill your videos and ultimately your channel?

Find out in this video.

Wait a second, this is not that kind of video, unfortunately.

Hi, I'm Emilee's dad.

Most of the time you will find fun and light-hearted videos on our channel based on our daughter,

Emilee.

Myself and Emilee's Momma (as she so adorably refers to her as) usually stay in the background.

Or try to, since our channel is about her.

However, today I want to address something serious.

Even though I will be doing all of the talking today, this video is not about me.

It is about us, the YouTube family, and you are part of that family.

Disclaimer: the content in this video is not intended

to criticize anyone or hurt anyone's feelings.

It is intended for educational purposes only.

Our channel is on all of the social media pages and recently we received a couple messages

asking us to subscribe to a person's channel that included in the note…please watch a

minute of one of our videos.

It got me thinking, we are a small channel and we are seeing this.

How many people are asking this and worse are getting it in return?

Just to back up a bit.

When we started our YouTube channel we decided to treat it like a business.

We recommend you do the same.

Both myself and Momma are business owners and entrepreneurs in mindset.

Since, starting this channel I spend at least five hours a week watching and reading content

that educates people on how to successfully run a YouTube Channel.

Our goal is to get better each and every video.

Side note: I have included a number of links below for

you to study your craft.

I encourage you to check them out!

Now back to the subject.

If you are asking for a minute and your videos are two to three minutes long, it isn't

bad.

However, let's look at what matters to YouTube.

A lot of our first assumptions is views and subscribers.

It is the obvious stats.

But this is not true.

What matters most to YouTube is getting people onto their site and keeping them there.

If someone comes to YouTube to see your video and stays there for a minute and leaves, this

tells the algorithms that your video isn't worth watching.

YouTube believes people aren't enjoying your video, since people drop off like flies,

and within a day your video is considered dead material and YouTube stops recommending

it and buries it.

Now, they also do rate you on keeping people on YouTube.

So, if they come to your channel from an outside source, watch your video for a minute then

continue on to another five to six videos watching each for a minute.

This does help.

But let's face it.

You are most likely in the middle of that chain and the person, if on your video for

the purpose of hoping to help you by watching a minute and commenting, then they probably

were already on YouTube when they stopped by.

We noticed when we were really new our watch time was higher.

The more we go forward we see our video watch time is going down.

Again, this is not a judgement on anyone doing this.

I'm an optimist and I believe if you are doing this your intentions are the best.

You most likely don't know this.

You think you are helping people out by hitting the thumbs up, adding a comment and adding

that view.

But you would actually be doing them much more service by watching the entire video,

or even half and not liking it or commenting.

Another thing I have noticed: Once our video goes live, I already have the link ready and

I go in and immediately add end screens and cards.

This takes, at most, five minutes.

I have gotten proficient with it.

Each of the last three to four videos, once I have finished the process I have found a

comment already on the video stating how someone loved my video.

The comment usually has been posted three to five minutes earlier.

Now do the math – either this person didn't watch my video at all, watched it for a minute

– at most, or commented before watching.

On one side I'm happy for the support but on the other hand I'm thinking, this person

just threw some dirt on this videos hypothetical grave.

Another thing I would like to address: did you know Sub4Sub is against YouTube policy?

Just in case you aren't familiar with the term…Sub4Sub is you asking for someone to

subscribe to your channel in return for you subscribing to theirs.

We see this constantly.

If you ever see us respond to your comment or we comment on your video you will never

see us ask for a sub nor do we respond to your comment by saying that we will now subscribe

since you said you subscribed to our channel.

If you notice here, this is from YouTube.

First thing that jumps out at me is they refer to this subject as: Gaining subscribers through

artificial means.

Here is the bottom line: Offering to subscribe to another creator's channel solely in exchange

for them subscribing to your channel, also known as "Sub4Sub," is not allowed.

Creators who offer such exchanges risk losing subscriber numbers, receiving a Terms of Use

strike, or even having their channel terminated.

They make it very clear here.

Something else very important: Recently I watched a video called Why YouTube Sub4Sub

is BAD by Roberto Blake, link below, where he made a great point that really has us looking

at our entire approach.

He states that if you have more subs than you get watches than this also will kill your

videos.

YouTube looks for channels that get more views on their videos than they have subs.

Now, Ryan's Toy Review and a few others could be an exception to the rule.

It is hard to get over 15 million views every video.

But for the norm, this is true.

So what does this mean?

Trying to build your subscriber base for the sole purpose of gaining subs is not the best

growth method.

Here I refer back to my earlier point – The most important stat is retention.

In closing: I know we spend a minimum of 8-10 hours editing our videos.

We have spent as much as 2-3 days on producing videos.

I'm going to assume you put effort into your videos.

You deserve to keep your videos alive.

I go back to the golden rule – do what you want others to do with your content and hope

that karma will come around.

One thing I hear over and over from the gurus – keep working on your content and the rest

will follow.

Going back to the exert from YouTube, they even say this: We believe that growing your

channel should be done by creating quality content that entices viewers to subscribe

and not through artificial or coordinated exchanges.

Get better with each video.

Study your craft.

Treat this like a business.

Ask yourself, how can I set myself apart from the rest?

Don't watch a video of another creator unless you plan on watching at least 30% of it.

If need be, look for a shorter video.

You want them to do the same, don't you?

They deserve it, so do you.

I have to say, we feel bad that we don't get to view as many videos as we would like

to.

But when we do, we watch a significant amount of the video.

This is if we are fans of the content or not.

Remember, everyone has their own likes and dislikes, we know that there is a large percentage

of the World's population that will find our videos either boring or just not interesting.

But that is okay.

There are a lot of people on this planet.

Another great way to improve your videos – these are two Chrome extensions that you can use

to help you build your channel.

These services will help you with a gamut of tools that can help you in titling and

tagging your videos as well as statistics that will help you learn what is and isn't

working.

They each are free to download with limited tools and have paid versions that will fully

impress you.

I have added links below.

Now, if you do find our channel interesting, outside of this video, please subscribe so

you can see more.

If not, that is okay.

We still respect you.

I do ask you to please pass this video on, not for it's growth but to get the word

out.

For your channel's sake.

And in respect of this, this video will not include an end screen.

Thanks for watching and continue to rock on!

For more infomation >> Are your subscribers killing your videos? Sub4Sub 👍can be poisonous! ☠ - Duration: 8:52.

-------------------------------------------

2018 & 2019 Medical Qigong Workshops 15 CEUs - Duration: 1:37.

(ambient music)

- Hi guys, David J. Coon with Qigong Awareness.

I wanted to give you a shout-out, let you know

that we're gonna be teaching workshops.

We have three more this year for 2018, and we have 12

of them hopefully coming to a city near you

or someplace you'd like to come travel to in 2019.

The subject matter of this particular

program is called Medical Qigong for Back Pain.

I'm specifically going to address how to deal with,

in other words, bring treatment to, bring healing to,

for self and for your clients and so on,

to low back pain, middle back pain,

upper back pain, and neck pain.

We're basically gonna cover a lot of things, all right?

I want to teach you some qigong exercises,

how to manage your breath, how to manage your stress

and then pay that forward, teach that to somebody else.

Also how to include medical qigong practices,

healing practices, into your acupuncture

or your massage practice, or if you're a layperson,

teach you some really potent healing exercises

that can give you a head start onto a healing path.

These courses, live courses, they're gonna be live,

all right, we have some online ones,

you can look those up at our website.

But these live courses,

gonna be teaching them around the way,

15 CEUs for acupuncturists and massage therapists.

Hope you can join us.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét