Thứ Ba, 25 tháng 9, 2018

Waching daily Sep 25 2018

Juhi Chawla: Sadhguruji, I want to say, I have attended your Inner Engineering program,

I have seen some DVDs, I have read your books.

And everywhere there are your brilliant views on various issues.

It could be from the making of a nation to the making of a toy car,

from the running of a household to the running of parliament.

You have brilliant views on every issue that one can ever question.

Yet I know very little about you and it

You know here's a brilliant mind with an for lack of better words,

I would say 'out-of-the-Box' thinking so different, so refreshing, so enlightening.

I am fascinated and I want to know about your life.

And I'd like to know that I mean, were you just born brilliant (Laughter)?

Did it begin from that very moment?

Sadhguru: I…

I…

I was a normal birth.

I didn't come in a box (Laughter).

My mother had a normal child.

Juhi Chawla: No, I'm really fascinated, intrigued that we're all here

but you know, the way you think,

we wait to hear what you have to say.

We've all been little children and we've all grown up

but we've grown up and been educated in schools and

but I find our way of thinking, our way of being very conditioned, like almost

systematized.

Whereas, so where…where did it all begin?

Sadhguru: So, what is I mean the question that you're asking is,

do people grow up and blossom or are they brought up by somebody?

You will see the general expression is, "I was brought up in this place, I was brought

up in that way."

Especially in the West, you will see, "I was brought up Christian",

"I was brought up Jewish" – these are very common words.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous and humiliating that a human being has to be brought up.

You bring up cattle, okay?

You don't bring up a human being.

A human being is supposed to blossom by his own nature.

That is why he's on the top of the pile, at least on this planet, in the evolutionary

scale.

And most human beings don't seem to understand that

or they are not allowed to understand that by a whole lot of people

and they need to be brought up.

Bringing up means somebody is molding you.

Molding means it's a predetermined shape.

And no flower that blossoms is the same way as another one,

which blossomed yesterday.

But a mold means it's always going to be the same.

If you make a mold, the idea of making a mold is that we want

to have the same form, again and again and again.

Right now, generally that seems to be the work

unfortunately of the current education system, the so-called religions that are operating

in the world and of course the family.

They want you to be in a certain mold, they don't want you to blossom like a wild

flower because they're afraid of anything fresh

happening among them.

They want something that is familiar.

They don't want something unfamiliar to be born among them.

So, if you have succumbed to that system, then yes, you've been molded into a certain

form.

If you allow your humanity to blossom, then you will see, you don't belong to any

mold.

This is the beauty of being human that there is no a particular way to be.

If you were a dog you would be one way, if you were cattle you would be one way,

if you were a sheep you would be another way, if you're bird - another way,

a grass… a grasshopper - another way.

But to be human means there is no particular way.

What is human is not defined, nor described, it is… it is just that

for every other creature on this planet, nature drew two lines; within that they have

to play their game.

For a human being, only the bottom line is drawn,

there is no top line.

But socially, people are trying to draw a top line for themselves.

But nature has not drawn a top line for you, it's a limitless possibility

and this is what is freaking human beings right now.

Because they can't decide what they can (Laughs)… need to be.

They're trying to be like somebody else.

Only bottom line is set, top line has been removed – this is evolution.

Juhi Chawla: But wait, we still didn't quite get to

So, having said all that, we've

I still didn't quite get it that So how was it when you were a child,

were you… were you put into a school to go the systematic way where you learnt your

Maths and Hindi sorry, Maths and language and

you know and did you keep up with it Sadhguru: Do I…

Do I look that edu… educated?

Don't insult me like that (Laughter).

Actually you know, when I go and stand in the line

in the immigration lines, in particularly in America,

they look at me and say, "Can you speak English?"

I say (Nods his head affirmatively) (Laughter) because I have that uneducated look, it's

not easy (Laughter).

Do you know Do you know what it takes to remain uneducated?

Education is just twenty years of going somewhere and getting one certificate.

To remain uneducated, it's very difficult because from the day you're born,

your parents, every other adult, the school, the damn thing

everybody is trying to educate you Juhi Chawla: Yes.

Sadhguru: …about something that's not worked in their life (Laughter & Applause).

Juhi Chawla: And then did you also, like we all went through these confused teenage years

of not really knowing where we're going, I mean did you clearly know your path?

Sadhguru: Not at all.

I was, right from three or four years of age, I was always a million questions hanging in…

in my head.

I have (had?) a question about everything -

everything to everything.

Questions means, very fundamental questions about existence itself,

my own existence.

So, when I was three, four years of age, suddenly I realized I know nothing.

Know nothing means somebody gives me a glass of water, I do not

know what is water.

I know how to use it, I know if I drink it, it will quench my thirst

and so many other ways of using it but I do not know what is water.

I'm saying even today, you do not know what is water.

It's the only thing available in all three states on the planet.

Three… two thirds of the planet is water, two thirds of your body is water.

If we think life, we think water.

But do you know what it is?

With all the scientific exploration, we do not even know a single atom in its entirety.

Today, our idea of science is, learning how to use everything.

Yes?

We know how to use an atom, we know how to break it, we know how to fuse

it but we really do not know what it is.

Any one thing, tiniest thing in the creation, we do not know in its entirety, this is the

fact of life.

Juhi Chawla: Well even something simple as what you started with,

saying that looking at water.

I mean, straight away I was taught water - H2O and what it can do and it… you can mix it

with colors and it becomes that.

You can drink it and it quenches your thirst.

But I never looked at it and said you know, "I don't really know what is water."

Sadhguru: Because nobody looks at anything.

See, everybody is looking like this, nobody has any attention for a piece of life

here.

They're like this (Gestures).

If you pay attention to one life, one blade of grass,

one grasshopper, one human being,

something else will happen.

That's why we said 'life and love' because if you pay attention to one human

being, some love will happen within you, okay?

If you miss life, at least some emotion in that direction must happen to you.

That will happen only if you pay attention to one.

If you're looking at like this (Gestures) These days it's become a fashion because

you're in love on Facebook.

You love the whole humanity.

To love one human being if you want to love one human being, it costs

life.

To love the whole humanity, it doesn't cost anything.

It's even better to love God because it's always easy to love somebody who is

not here now (Juhi Laughs), it's so easy.

But if you have to love somebody who is sitting next to you right now,

it costs life.

You know how difficult it is to love someone who is next to you right now,

how easy it is to love someone who is dead or who is in heaven?

Isn't it so?

Let's face it.

Because if you have to love one, one thing is you have to pay attention.

Without attention, it will not happen.

And above all, you have to give up something that is you, to accommodate another,

otherwise it will not happen.

The English expression, it's very good – "You must fall in love."

You cannot rise in love, you cannot stand in love,

you cannot fly in love, you have to fall.

Something of you should fall, otherwise it will not work.

You will not know it.

So, you want to have a fake sense of life, then you don't pay attention to anything,

everything is information.

Nothing is a living experience.

For more infomation >> Sadhguru - You don't belong to any mold ! - Duration: 10:50.

-------------------------------------------

Brett Kavanaugh, Wife Speak Out On Allegations In New Interview | TODAY - Duration: 3:41.

For more infomation >> Brett Kavanaugh, Wife Speak Out On Allegations In New Interview | TODAY - Duration: 3:41.

-------------------------------------------

G Adventures - Our World Deserves More You - Duration: 1:00.

For more infomation >> G Adventures - Our World Deserves More You - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Selling Loyalty Cards | 1000 Ways To Make Money | E9 - Duration: 5:37.

hey welcome back to thousand ways to make money

hey guys welcome back to our show again make sure you are subscribed if you have

not yet today I'm gonna go ahead and talk about a unique way to make money

from loyalty cards okay so before we continue with this video I

just want to take the time and say what is wrong with my hair oh my god

so loyalty card store whenever you go get a haircut or go to a restaurant you

know they give this little card where you stamp every time you go there right

and a coffee place restaurant barber shop and all those places so you can

actually make money this way so listen to Nikesh here all right so guys this is

what you need to do like he said you listed out restaurants haircut place

coffee places to give you this card and then they punch holes every time you've

had like 10 coffees and you get the 1120 yeah okay so a lot of people don't know

is that these people that are running the restaurant the haircut place they

don't have time to go make loyalty cards or pass them out or do anything like

that so find a place like he said and then go

inside and tell them hey you know what would really help your marketing skills

if you guys do a loyalty card and you offer you know one drink free after five

drinks or one free haircut after fiber yeah some of you guys might be wondering

what's the logic what's the marketing idea behind loyalty cards is its

recurring customers pretty much so if this guy got a free haircut its guy

needs a haircut if you got a free haircut after his

fourth haircut that means the business has earned Teredo haircuts

you know after four so he has spent money four times he gets the first one

for free he's gonna be motivated to go there at that location instead of going

to a different location because he's like oh hey you know let me just go back

at the same place because I will earn my rewards and got a free haircut so he

won't get a haircut when he's in Chicago he's gonna come back to the city and get

a haircut at that same place so that's the logic so anything else exactly I

mean think about it we're not you know this will probably happened to you when

they're like oh if you order for smoothies you get the fifth one free so

when your friend comes into your house or you know

relatives from out of town you're like let's go to that smoothie place cuz I'll

get the fourth one three five by three right now yeah so it's the same

principle that's how they will drive people in now you're thinking how can I

do this right how did I do this for other businesses so I guess I'd go in

there that's your first step ask them if you can do it most likely they'll say

yes because it brings in more customers more customers yep and then your step

two is to actually print out these clothes now very simple just take maybe

even the logo from the company or you know picture of a drink picture of a

haircut and then put it on like a card like you

can go on Word document paint anything that's simple easy to use

put like six of those on to like a little small card or a page or a paper

just let me stop him so just a quick break so we're gonna go ahead and

include a copy of a load card I'll be down there on description my IP if

you're if he's confusing the door that's up yeah so that's gonna be on there and

all you need to do is put their logo do something so that they get they can

punch it right yeah and then after that you on this amazing website called

Vistaprint or you can go around your local shout out mr. prince you want

vistaprint and they offer great deals where you can pay like five bucks and

get five hundred cards let me you know vistaprint uh they're a good company and

you know they tell delta yo it will take a week it arrives like in two days

that's a tactic to make you happy FYI but you know i've never had problems

with vistaprint it's cheap okay if you go to a local shop for that same it's

like printing business cards guys right same thing it's the same thing you don't

say I want to print a loyalty card if you if you go printing somewhere else

it's the same thing they might charge a mortise card it's a business card pretty

much and if you printed through vistaprint this business cards with

those you know stapled amps caps to everything logos I think last time I

check you know five or five arrows like ten bucks yeah free shipping sometimes

AK depends okay and then you go back to the company and

say here's your business cards give me $100 and you know sometimes it can be

even more but they're willing to do it and then once those clients come back in

and they pass out 500 cards which will be very quickly though order more from

you yeah from you exactly so yeah that's it it's a very unique idea to make extra

cash so hope you liked it make sure to check the description bottom make sure

to smack that like button yes and make sure to subscribe to us and make sure to

share our videos because if you don't who will

so I'm asking you we're asking you right there yep

you right there help us out okay help a brother out so thank you so much until

next time if this was thousand ways to make money

money money money money

you

For more infomation >> Selling Loyalty Cards | 1000 Ways To Make Money | E9 - Duration: 5:37.

-------------------------------------------

How to Find Real Estate Leads in Listings to Leads | Ballen Brands 2018 - Duration: 1:05.

Hello, this is Catherine Chadwick, Project Manager for Ballen Brands, and today I'm going

to show you how to find your leads in Listings to Leads.

First, you're going to want to be logged in to your Listings to Leads webpage.

Once you're logged in, you're going to look at the menu and you can see options up here

that you could click to take you to various places in Listings to Leads.

We're going to choose leads.

Now for the sake of privacy, I'm not going to show you exactly what's in here, but this

is where you would find the leads, the date that they signed up, their name, their email,

if they left a phone number, their address, and where they are (located) would all be

listed in this section here.

So hope you found this tip helpful.

Make sure you like the video, subscribe to the channel for more helpful tips and hints

for your IDX Broker, Listings to Leads, and your BREW.

For more infomation >> How to Find Real Estate Leads in Listings to Leads | Ballen Brands 2018 - Duration: 1:05.

-------------------------------------------

Nikki Glaser and Gleb Savchenko Dish About "Dancing with the Stars" - You Up w/ Nikki Glaser - Duration: 31:18.

- I started singing, and you should see

the people who are running the audition's faces.

One woman gasped, she held her mouth, they could,

their faces, they could not hide their disappointment

in how terrible I was.

(upbeat rock music)

I am in studio, in L.A.

Tom Thakkar is holding down the fort

in New York with Ian Fidance.

- How is your butt hole?

But in a caring way. - (laughs) Yas, queen.

- Yeah, it's doing great, thank you so much.

- So good to hear. - It feels good this morning.

- Good. - Feels good most mornings.

I can't remember the last time

my butt hole didn't feel great.

- I'm so jealous. - But thanks for asking, Ian.

- Yeah, I'm very jealous.

Good for you, yeah. - Really?

You know what, let me introduce our guest

for this hour of the show.

(laughing)

I am so excited and proud to introduce my friend,

my dance partner, I never thought I would say those words.

My dance partner, Gleb Sevchenko, everyone.

- Woo! - Yeah!

- This is Ian and Tom,

look at them. - Hey guys, good morning.

- How's it going, pal? - What's up, Gleb?

- Great.

- Oh, goddamnit, guys. - Whoa!

- [Nikki] We're really doing it,

I don't know what's

happening with this story. - This camera's flying around.

- We are doing it. - Is there a drone

flying around the studio? - I know, right?

- We're in it to win it.

- Are we in it to win it--

- Yes, we are. - Gleb?

Okay-- - I can't wait.

- Yeah, you're-- - Come on!

- You're hilarious, that's not what you said when we were

on the press line yesterday-- - Oh shit, what did you say,

Gleb? - At Planet Hollywood

in New York. - Oh, Gleb,

you son of a bitch. - What'd you say?

No, you know--

- This is the gotcha show. - I was like she's great,

she's great. (laughs)

- He just goes, she's-- - She looks like a dancer

when she don't move. - Yeah. (laughs)

- (laughs) She's so cute when she's sleeping.

(laughter)

- Yeah, that's exactly the vibe that we have.

It's yeah, I do better when I'm just standing.

I can really hit a pose, I can really strike a pose.

There are times when Gleb will position my body

in the way that it's supposed to be,

and he's like, "See, this is it!

"This is it!"

And I'll be like I feel like my organs are shutting down

from this position.

Like I will be so twisted and I'm like,

how am I supposed to find that, he'll be like that line.

Those lines are great.

I'm like, that's not a line.

I have scoliosis now from what you're doing to me.

It has been so much fun with this guy,

you watch this show, Dancing with the Stars.

Gleb has been on it,

what number season is this for you as a pro?

- Nine. - Wow.

- Nine seasons, yeah. - You've done nine seasons

as a pro? - Don't hurt him.

- But I've done it in different countries.

- Different countries, yeah, I mean,

they told me yesterday there were 52 countries

where they do Dancing with the Stars.

- Wow. - 52!

- Yeah, that's wild. - Isn't that insane?

So Gleb has done many different versions worldwide

but he's been on the American version

for how many seasons now, as a pro?

- Since season 16. - Since season 16,

and now we're in season 27.

So Gleb is-- - Yeah, well,

I missed a couple of them, so.

- Yeah, he was in and out, he was traveling, and--

- Total, it was like eight or nine.

- Wow. - Yeah, so you've worked with

eight or nine celebrities at this point,

stars, and trained them.

I mean, you see it on the show,

and I never really watched the show but I would always,

you hear sound bytes, you hear celebrities

talk about their experience on the show.

And they always say like

their partners and them become so close,

and it's so, you spend so much time together,

you go yeah, yeah, yeah,

I mean, Gleb is now one of my best friends

because I dance with him everyday.

It's such an intimate relationship,

I know that I'll know this man for the rest of my life,

which is weird, I told him the other day

we're gonna be at each other's funerals.

One of us is gonna go to each other's funeral.

Isn't that a weird thing to say to someone?

But it's true for most of

the people in your life. - I'm gonna die with you.

(laughter)

- Yeah, or we'll

die together, Gleb. - Oh yeah, get people

plots together. - Yeah.

- Oh yeah, that's great.

What's a great idea?

God. - Gleb, we have a contract

for you to sign, to agree to.

(laughter)

- But Gleb is someone that I, when I did my research,

when I knew I was gonna do this show,

and I was looking at all the dancers,

I was like, who do I want?

And he was like my number one pick

and then I walked into the room to meet him,

and I was so excited. - No, it was awesome,

yeah, it was awesome.

The first day when we met, I was like

oh my God, I'm gonna dance with this girl.

And we did a little twirl, remember?

Like I turned you under the arm, and you were like,

I was like, oh my God, I got so excited

until the first rehearsal.

- Until. (laughs) - And then it kind of--

- Oh, Gleb. - Damn, Gleb!

- [Nikki] No, that's a real thing, like.

- No, but then now we're like 10 days in,

and now I'm actually excited for this performance.

- I know, Gleb-- - I think we would kill it.

- Gleb took a shift the other day,

we've been through some big ups and downs.

It did not start great, but it was still early enough

that I wasn't getting totally discouraged.

- So how do you feel now?

Tell me, like I wanna know.

- Okay, so glad I practiced last night.

'Cause I didn't wanna disappoint you today

because our last rehearsal, you were a little bit,

we just both get frustrated

that my body doesn't do what my mind knows.

(laughter)

What I've done over, like I will do a dance move

that we will perfect, I'll do it like 50 times, right?

Like he'll drill me so that it's muscle memory.

And then we turn on the music and I completely forget it.

And he had to leave the room the other day

'cause he was so frustrated

and I was frustrated with myself.

I just fall to the ground, I go no!

Because it's like we just did this.

I mean, I have never been on that side of things

where I'm teaching someone something and they have it

and they get it and you're so proud of them

and then they lose it, as if they never knew it.

But it must be frustrating.

- I mean, it's hard to move to the music.

- It is. - If you've never

done it before, it's hard. - I know.

- But it's possible. - Yeah.

- And you're gonna be great.

- I've already done things that I didn't think I could do.

I watched the video we record ourselves at rehearsal

and then I watched it back, and I was watching,

I was watching it in slow mo last night

and really going over it and then practicing it a lot.

Here's how I feel, Gleb, to be honest.

I got in a wormhole yesterday,

Gleb and I were both on the same flight,

and he was sitting next to Vivica A. Fox,

I was sitting next to some guy,

who was like just some guy, I don't even know.

But and I got into a Dancing with the Stars wormhole,

and I watched too many videos, and I got in my head.

- Oh no! - And I watched

Zendaya too much, which you were in one of her dances,

the salsa with Zendaya. - Yeah, that was the salsa.

- If I danced the rest of my life,

every day, trained like an Olympian,

I would never even be able to do one-tenth of that dance.

I mean, she was so perfect.

I mean, and you were, that was a fun dance,

right? - It was fun, yeah.

- That was so, it was so good,

and that's the problem, is like

I can't be watching these other videos.

I have to just like be competing against myself,

I have to compare

myself to myself. - Exactly, don't compare

yourself to anybody, just compare yourself to yourself.

And try to be better than you were yesterday.

You know what I mean? - Yeah, I don't know

that I am better than I was yesterday.

Like I think I-- - Well, if you look at the

first video we shot at the beginning of rehearsals

when we just met, and when you look at

the video now from yesterday,

it's totally different thing.

- Yeah? - Yeah.

- You do see improvement? - You're like, you are

a dancer, remember your homework?

You have to look in the mirror every morning

and say to yourself, I am a dancer.

- Yeah, Gleb gives me homework.

- Yes, I do that every morning.

- Gleb really had a powerful moment with me the other day

where he's like, and it was real, you were mad.

And I liked it because the other day, you snapped into,

we have a lot of fun, Gleb is a really fun funny guy.

And we joke a lot, and we get a lot of work done,

but we have moments of like,

when I mess up, we joke about it.

But the other day, you were frustrated

and I could tell that you came in with a different attitude

of like, I'm gonna work this bitch today.

Like we were doing cardio, we were sweating.

And you had a moment later on in the rehearsal,

where you were like you are a funny person,

but you are not a, he would like,

he said the greatest quote, he was like,

"You do jokes, but you are not a joke.

"You're not a joke, Nikki, you're not a joke.

"You are a Victoria's Secret supermodel,"

which is secretly what I always wanna be,

so you really nailed it.

He was like you are like on the runway, super sexy,

you have to be sexy, and I just never have felt,

this is a challenge for me, is to be sexy and to,

I can act sexy, like I can act it, but to actually be it

and believe it, is a totally different thing.

So I'm really trying, like when I do my makeup,

I put on my music and I just dance around like a real slut.

Like I just am trying to be,

(laughter)

I'm trying to just be a slut,

I'm trying to ooze sexuality wherever I go.

I want everyone wanting to fuck me wherever I go

because that's like, I need to get in that mindset

for this dance of being really powerful,

really sexy, and not goofy because it's so easy

for me to make a goofy face or make a

goofy movement. - We could dance to

one of the Kanye's new song.

- Kanye's, which one?

Oh yeah, that one.

- You're such a dirty-- - Oh yeah, it's about

such a dirty slut. - I love it, yeah. (laughs)

- Yes, Gleb-- - Wait, it's a Kanye song?

- Yeah, there's a,

what is it, Kanye and who? - Kanye and,

what's his name? - Oh, I don't know

if I've heard this.

- Yeah, oh my God-- - Gleb just said it was

Kanye and Lil something. - You should listen to it.

(laughter)

- Thanks for being specific.

But yeah,

it's so hard, and I still have to

learn another dance before

what? - Lil Pump,

it's next to Lil Pump. - Who's Lil Pump?

- Lil Pump. - Who's making these

dances up?

- Gleb. - Oh, I don't know this.

- Gleb?

- Gleb is, you don't understand

what these guys do. - Gleb's making them up?

- He choreographs the dances,

he has to teach them to me,

and literally it's really hard to teach someone

who's never done a thing

when you're the best at it in the world.

I mean, Gleb has been dancing since he was seven,

he is one of the best dancers in the world.

He is a world champion, I mean it's just true.

You are, you're like a--

- Well, I've never won a world championship

but yeah, I'm great. - But you've gone to

world championships. - I'm really awesome.

- You've gotten really close,

and you would have won them

had you been in the right country to win them

because there's a lot of politics

going on in the world of dancing.

Gleb literally is respected as one of the best

dancers in the world, I know that.

And on the show, he just,

he stands out, like even amongst everyone,

no offense to the other dancers,

but your eye is drawn to Gleb when he's dancing,

he just has a style that is very,

I don't even know anything about dancing and I'm like

there's something special going on with that guy.

And but he, it's really times

that they choreograph it, he comes up with the concept,

he has a whole creative vision for it, and the other day,

it was so weird, we were doing the dance,

and there's a part of the dance where I step,

I see him and I'm like hey you, what's up?

And then I kinda walk away from him 'cause I'm like,

I'm done with you.

And then I take two steps, and then I go wait a second,

I wanna go back to him.

And he's telling me, he's like Nikki,

so the dance is, you walk away and then you turn around

and you come back and you realize no, I'm not done with him.

And I'm like do you know my life?

This dance, he's choreographed a dance that is my love life,

of just like going away, coming back,

going away, coming back.

- Did you just try to put on the

Russian accent a little bit?

- Yes, I tried to put on a Russian accent.

Gleb, yeah, I mean, you have a Russian accent.

I know you wanna lose it, but it is very strong.

And it's good though, I don't think you should lose it.

- Yeah, I'm gonna keep it.

I wanna be able to,

(laughter)

I wanna be able to keep it but if I want to,

just get rid of it so no one knows that I'm from Russia.

- Can you try to do the most American accent

you can do? - The most American

accent, like you speak now.

- Whoa. - Yeah, yeah.

Yeah, yeah.

Say something, you say something.

- Okay, Gleb, I can't dance.

- Gleb, I can't dance.

- [Nikki] That's pretty good.

(laughter)

That's pretty good.

- It sounds like Tommy from the Disaster Artist.

(laughs)

- Yeah, it really does, kind of.

But Gleb, your story is really fascinating.

You're a hot guy who a lot of people can write off

as like oh, he's just like a hot dancer, hot dude.

I could write you off that way,

and I will continue to write you off that way,

but I also do know the truth about you,

which is like you, what got into dancing?

I find your story kind of fascinating.

You grew up in Moscow. - My grandmother--

- Right? - My grandmother,

so what happened, yeah, I grew up in Moscow,

I was seven years old, I really liked a girl

in my class, we were in one class.

And she joined dancing and I asked my grandma to

go and sign me up, which is I just wanted to see her more.

- The girl? - The girl.

And that's how I started and then,

eventually I started dancing with her

and then she quit dancing

because her parents moved and then--

- But didn't you, you were in this dance class,

and people who go to dance classes to scout talent

stop by and you were just in this,

and they were like that guy has it.

- Yeah, there was like a local small competition

where judges from the whole town came in to judge.

And one judge came up to my parents and said

this guy got talent, why don't you kind of

push a little harder and have private lessons

and just more training?

That's what my parents did, and that's how I got into it.

And then I never stopped.

- Yeah, and--

- Where's the girl now? - And at what,

yeah, where is she now?

- Yeah, no. - No.

- The girl was dance the entire time.

(laughter)

She was dance.

- She was dance. (laughs)

So, where did you,

so I like the turn in the story

where you were dancing in Russia

and then you got to a place where you were great.

I mean, how old, you were 14?

- Yes, so what happened, I was dancing, dancing, dancing.

We won a lot of competitions,

I had, I don't know, 10, 12 different partners

every single, like every half year,

I don't know why I was changing partners.

By the age of 14-- - Sounds like a sex life.

- I knew I was good.

(laughter)

Yeah. (laughs)

By the age of 14, I knew it was gonna be my career.

- Yeah, wow, that's early.

- Yeah, but it was hard, like in Russia,

it's hard with everything,

the mentality of the parents is that

if you do something, you gotta be great at it.

Otherwise, there's no point invest money and time into it.

And if you don't do it right now, and you don't deliver it,

they're not gonna do it anymore.

That's what my parents' mentality was like this,

and if we do it, it's not just a hobby,

it's 100% your career.

And it's in everything, like people play hockey or dancing

or soccer or anything else.

So and they push, push, push,

till the point where they reach like

we have to pay for private lessons,

we have to afford dance clothes and shoes.

Everything was really expensive,

it was brought from overseas

because nothing's been produced in Russia.

At that time, it was like, what, 25 years ago.

And we were dancing, we were on a good level,

but there was no way that I wanted to--

- How much dancing were you doing

when you would go to school,

and you would go right to dancing afterwards?

- Right, exactly. - Did you do

three hours everyday after school?

- Like three, four. - Wow.

- Yeah, three, four hours.

Yeah, with a partner and whenever we can,

we go and travel to maybe different towns to compete

and do all those local competitions.

And we were at that point, we were like

top five in Russia, at the Russian championship,

but at that point, I understand there's no way,

even if I'll be the greatest dancer,

better than everybody else, I'll be number one or two

to be able to go to the world championship

to represent the country.

- So to represent Russia, you would have to be one or two.

- Yeah, top two couples represent the country.

- And to be in that position,

you would need to have a lot of money

to get-- - Yeah, you have to have

a lot of money-- - The best clothes, the best

training, the best travel,

everything. - Exactly, exactly.

- So you saw, you go, I wanna compete on

a world level and for me to do that,

I'd have to be two of the best,

which I probably am skill wise, but--

- So my teacher, yeah, my teacher came up to me and said,

listen, you gotta just change the country of representation.

You have to go somewhere else,

and just represent that country to be able to go

to the world championship and you can win the world

championship and everybody's gonna know about you.

But you have to be one of second,

first or second place.

So I thought about it, and it was like,

where's the closest place on the map?

And I just like, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland,

it's everything like all around Russia.

It was just overnight train ride.

So I just got a visa to Lithuania,

and I went to Lithuania 'cause my teacher's wife lived there

and kind of like knew the whole scene.

And I was just-- - Yeah, you really

go there to find a girl. - To find a girl, yeah.

- To find a partner. - To find a partner.

- And you were how old?

- I was 15. - So you were 15,

and you took a train to Lithuania

to go find, to go meet a potential partner.

And you get there, and what is that like?

Do you go on a date?

Do you just meet in the dance studio

and then just start dancing?

What's the-- - No, I remember I was in,

so I got there, I took a bus.

I had the address, so I took a bus

to the place where that coach lived.

And I was just sleeping in one room,

she put me in there for two nights.

And then we just went to the dance studio

and she had a few girls that I tried out with.

And then there was a competition the next day,

and I saw this girl, she was really, really good.

I was like I wanna dance with her.

She goes there is no way you'll be able to dance with her

'cause she, they're number one in here

in Lithuania. - She already has a partner.

- She already has a partner.

And I didn't dance with her, so it was like I left.

And then I told my dad like, I need another $300

to go to Latvia 'cause there's another girl waiting for me.

My dad like, "Are you crazy?

"What are you doing?

"You're 15 years old, you better go and study and do

"something that is eventually gonna make you money."

I was like, "No, I wanna dance."

So I went to Latvia, and then I went to Estonia,

and then I went back to Lithuania.

And I was just, I spent probably like eight months

traveling around Europe

just trying out with all these different girls.

And then it was just, I lost all hope.

I was one day in Moscow, just sitting there and be like,

I don't know, I'm just gonna continue dance here

and find another girl here.

And then I got a phone call from parents of this girl

that I tried out from Latvia and they were like,

"Listen, I think it's gonna work.

"You just gotta figure out how you're gonna come

"and live here, like how are you gonna support."

I was like, "Don't worry about it, I got this,"

which in my head, I was like uh, I don't really feel like,

there's no way.

- Yes, that really gives me a lot of hope

when you go, we got this.

You tell me we got this all the time,

and now I know what you're really thinking,

it's like we'll find a way.

You say we've got this to me so often

and now I know what that really means,

which is it's 14 year old Gleb being like uh.

- So to make a story short,

I went there, start dancing with her,

won all the championships, and then we went to Lithuania,

that was a funny thing.

It was an open Lithuanian championship, we went there,

and we won, we got first place,

and that girl who didn't wanna dance with me,

the girl, she got second.

- Yes, yes! - Hell yeah, Gleb.

- Got her ass. - Now, Gleb--

- You got Glebbed. - When you were picking

a dance partner, does it always come down to skill,

or when you're a 14 year old pubescent boy

who's like, is there any part of you that's like

yeah, she's great, but then there's this girl

that's a little less great, but she's super hot?

I wanna dance with her. - Yeah. (laughs)

- Does that play into it at all?

'Cause honestly-- - A little bit.

- When you dance with someone, there's gonna be a,

you're gonna be, especially at that age,

hormones are raging, you're gonna end up

hooking up with that person probably,

at that age, if you're both single, young adolescent kids.

- Well, the thing is, when I danced with that girl,

we didn't hook up. - Oh, wow.

- She wasn't really hot,

but she was a great dancer.

- She was a great dancer, yeah.

- She wasn't hot.

- You weren't attracted to her, right, yeah.

And then you won all-- - I could, but I just didn't.

- Yeah, yeah, you could.

Oh, listen, Gleb,

(laughter)

we know you can.

(laughter)

It was totally on the table,

so she was into you, but you were not feeling it.

Yeah, yeah, where is she now?

- She's in Latvia, we're still kind of attached.

- Still deeply in love with you.

- Okay, that's nice.

So then, I wanna get to when you came to America,

like how did you first get here?

And why were you coming here?

Oh, I wanna talk about where you got this,

so you were like down and out,

you were out of money and then

an opportunity came into your lap, which was your face.

- Yeah, well, it was like,

thanks a lot, yeah,

so I danced with a girl and then we danced for two years.

I fell in love, I fell in love with another girl,

I broke up with her-- - You were about to go to

world championships with one partner,

and then you fell in love with another dancer,

who was not as skilled.

You switched partners right before

the world championship, right? - Yes.

- And you did not win. - No.

- Because your partner sucked. - Yeah.

- But she was super hot-- - She was super hot.

- And you guys were banging, yeah.

Okay, so then you lost the world championships.

- I lost everything. - All this practice,

you lost everything. - I pretty much lost

everything, yeah, I came back to Moscow

and I said to my dad, I was like,

"What am I supposed to do?"

He was like, "Well, you really screwed up,

"like you go and figure it out yourself."

So I had no money, I had pretty much like no place to live.

- How old were you at this point?

- I was 19, 18, yeah, 19.

Yeah, and I started working at the fitness center,

doing some salsa classes.

And this girl, again, another girl

came up to me and she goes,

"Listen, have you ever tried modeling?"

I was like, "Modeling, I mean, sure, let's try it."

So she took me to this model agency

and it took off.

I became like one of the top models,

I'd done a whole bunch of different commercials.

- In Russia, you were like--

- In Russia, I was like--

- The guy. - Yeah.

Like Gigi Hadid here,

you know what I mean? - Yes, in Russia.

- Like in Russia, yeah. - And then--

- And then it was like it's too small,

I better go and explore,

like I gotta go to America. - Yeah, big in Russia,

but I wanna be big elsewhere. - Exactly.

- And you had bigger dreams, and you wanted to dance still.

I mean, did you think about modeling,

were you like oh, that's just gonna be my career now?

Was there any part of you that said

I'll leave dancing behind?

- No, dancing was always,

'cause it was like, I've danced for so many years,

and dancing was always my life, so I could easily

go and teach and make some money

that I can pursue some other career,

you know what I mean?

That's what I wanted to do.

- So modeling

was your side gig. - And that's what I did

in America, yes.

- So we're gonna get to Gleb coming to America

after the next break because he's famous

in Russia at this point as a model.

His face is everywhere, he's in every print thing,

he's on commercials, you're making lots of money.

And then you decide to go to America.

And things take a turn,

and we'll get to that when we get back.

I'm in studio in Los Angeles with my dance partner

on Dancing with the Stars, season 27,

which premieres September 24th, live.

We're gonna be dancing live!

- We're gonna be dancing live salsa.

- What happens if I fall, Gleb?

- Just own it,

own that fall. - The music keeps going and

then I stand up and I take- - And that's it--

- It from wherever we were. - It will be great TV.

- Yeah, I know.

I'm kind of hoping for a fall.

(laughter)

- It's gonna go viral.

- Yeah, I know. - The epic fall.

- Oh my God, I was watching yesterday,

I said I got into a wormhole of watching

Dancing with the Stars stuff and like, yeah, fails.

And there haven't been that many,

there's been like one girl who forgot her moves.

I forget who it was but what's been the,

since you've been on the show,

what's been like the craziest thing

that's happened live in your experience?

- Craziest thing is when someone has a cramp

and you can't really move.

- Oh my God. - Kirstie Alley,

she had that with Max when they did a rumba,

and Max had a cramp on his leg, and he could not,

like they were doing this, like a,

not a lift, but he was dipping her somewhere,

and he had a cramp on the leg, and he was like, oh!

Like starts shaking-- - Oh man.

- And he had to raise the hand to like,

they almost stopped the music

and he just kind of pushed through, continue it.

But it was pretty bad. - Wow.

- But things like, for example,

you're doing a lift and the lift doesn't work,

and you're like, she's about to fall,

and there's like oh my God,

it's like when we did a free style with Jenna,

I was so sick, I was so exhausted, I was just so tired.

And we had this lift where she jumps on my shoulders

and I have to like catch her and start running forward.

So I start, like I don't know what happened,

but I started running forward, and I almost fell.

I thought I'm like falling--

- 'Cause you were just sick. - I'm just falling, yeah.

Yeah, moments like that, but everything else is fine.

- What's your favorite part of the live show?

I mean, the dancing is where you probably

feel the best. - It's just the excitement

in the studio, like all these people are watching you.

And they're all so excited,

you just feel the energy. - It's 1,000 people, right?

Isn't it a big, big crowd?

I mean, for a live television taping,

1,000 people is a huge crowd.

It looks a lot smaller than that on TV.

And then not to mention the 13 to 18 million people

who watch it every week-- - Exactly.

- Watching at home, and then voting,

which you have to vote for me and Gleb

to keep us in the competition,

so please set your DVRs for September 24th and 25th.

We will be dancing, we will need your votes.

Team Gleb Glaze is what I'm calling us,

hashtag Gleb Glaze, G-L-E-B, Glaze, G-L-A-Z-E.

I mean, yeah, I guess my biggest fear is

just fucking up and then realizing I fucked up

and then fucking up more.

And then it just spirals out of control.

- Well, you gotta put,

you gotta catch yourself, even if you make a mistake,

you have to kinda go back and keep it together.

Don't let it, because they don't know your steps,

they don't know your routine.

It's only me and you who knows this.

And even if you make a little mistake,

just keep going, keep pushing through,

and make sure you don't show it on your face.

And just kind of like fake it until you make it.

You know what I mean?

- Yes, what are you bad at, Gleb?

- What I'm bad at? - Yeah, what are you--

- I can't sing. - You can't sing.

Would you ever do a Singing with the Stars?

- Singing with the Stars, sure.

- You would? - I would do it.

- Gleb, I have to say, recently,

I think two weeks ago, won Farming with the Stars

in the UK. - Yeah, Celebs on the Farm.

- What? - Celebs on the Farm,

it's called Celebs on the Farm,

and it's literally a farming show.

Gleb is a bona fide celebrity in the UK.

He has a number two selling calendar.

- Yes, number three. - Number three selling

calendar right behind One Direction and?

- David Beckham. - And David Beckham.

- Wow. - Gleb Savchenko

is number three.

I can't wait to get this calendar--

- Where're you in there, Ian? - Are you gonna come up

with a 2019? - It's already out.

It's on the way here.

- Wait, it's on the way? - Yeah.

- Here? - Yes.

- To the studio right now?

- Not to the studio right now, but. (laughs)

- Will you give me one? - Of course.

- And Gleb also has a line of underwear.

- What can't Gleb do? - Which you said

you were gonna give me 'cause I ran out of underwear.

I only brought so many. - Today, today, today.

- Will you seriously bring me some?

- Yes, I always forget.

- Every single pair is designed based on a dance style.

So I want the salsa kind.

- Yeah, you got it. - Okay, the chunky salsa kind.

(laughter)

- Do you have a dougie kind?

- I remember that dance. - Oh yeah, the dougie.

(laughs)

Yeah, so Gleb, let's go back to your story.

You end up in America, how?

'Cause you had bigger aspirations.

You were modeling in Russia. - So I was modeling in Russia.

- You were in music videos, you were in print ads,

you were in commercials. - Yeah, everywhere.

- You were everywhere. - Everywhere.

- You had the world at your fingertips,

you could have anything you want,

you were a single guy, you were slaying it.

- Oh my God, it was the best time ever.

- Oh my God, was it the best? - The best.

- I mean, you were partying all the time,

drinking like a true Russian. - Oh my God, yes.

- You said that the other day,

we were talking about hangovers and you were like,

oh, man, I was invincible when I was that age.

- I could literally go for two days without sleep,

wake up in the morning, go to work,

come back, repeat it again

and just do it like for three, four days.

Now if I have one or two drinks, the next morning I'm like

oh my God, I can't wake up.

- Yeah, yeah, yeah, so you moved to America.

- I moved to America, moved to Brooklyn.

- You moved to Brooklyn. - Yeah, to become like a

word famous model, male model.

Yeah, and that was like nothing happened.

I was just going from casting to casting,

audition to audition-- - Yeah, I got that market

covered, baby. - And it was just

nothing happened.

So I was like I ran out of money,

I start teaching at local dance studio

in New York in the city,

and I was just doing it, and then I started

hosting this little Russian TV program called Time Out

for the Russian community where we just take interviews

from all those different famous people

and checking out what's happening in the city

to kind of let the Russian community

what's actually happening.

'Cause you don't realize that, but a lot of people who

back in the day, moved from Ukraine or Russia

to America and they moved to Brooklyn,

some of them, not even been in the city ever.

So it's like their own world in Brooklyn,

they live there, and nothing's happening.

- Yeah, they don't go outside of

that area at all, yes. - They don't go out, exactly.

So we were trying to go around and just kind of like

talk about and let them know what's happening.

- So you hosted that show.

- Hosted that show, nothing happened, nothing happened,

and I went back to dancing, I started competing again.

And I left, I left New York,

went back to Moscow and went to Hong Kong.

- Yeah. - Got invited--

- 'Cause there was money to be made

in Hong Kong teaching, right?

- Exactly, teaching, start dancing.

- The Japanese wanna learn how to dance.

- Chinese. - Chinese,

Hong Kong is in China.

(laughter)

Oh my God, literally just learned

that Hong Kong is in China.

(upbeat rock music)

For more infomation >> Nikki Glaser and Gleb Savchenko Dish About "Dancing with the Stars" - You Up w/ Nikki Glaser - Duration: 31:18.

-------------------------------------------

World Equestrian Games | Equine Laser Therapy for Pain and Blue Light for Infections - Duration: 3:57.

I'm with Ann Marie Nagle, she came by here at the World Equestrian Games (WEG)

and she started telling people right off the bat

how much she loves her laser.

Why did you love our laser?

And you have the ACTIVet PRO?

I have the ACTIVet PRO series.

I bought it basically because I saw

all the different things you can heal and I am

not a wealthy person so it saves me a lot of money. I mean

like even before I came to WEG,

I had a young horse, he stepped on the edge of his coronet band

and busted it open, he was pretty sure he was dying.

I pulled up the equine severe pain setting, I set it on that,

and by the afternoon he was pretty sure he was fine again.

I mean he was actually acting like he had a broken bone

because he was non-weight bearing, but I knew it was fine.

I use it for fungus. We travel to Florida so we fight a lot of that.

So I can do it without meds.

I like to be as natural as I can,

so I use bute when I need to but I like to try to stay away from it

and let the body heal itself.

Right, and there are no side effects with laser

so that plays right into what you want.

Right, and a lot of people think, oh, it's a laser, it burns.

No, it doesn't burn, the technology is incredible, it's fast.

You have to be a little careful with the blue light the first time,

you could scare a horse if they see it flash in the stall,

but once they get used to it they actually are like

yeah, could you come on back with that.

I use it if I know a horse worked really hard that day.

I just do the general 1000-3000 Hz setting

for 15 minutes just across the top line.

It's like acupuncture without sticking them with needles.

And it's approved, so I can take it to any horse show and use it

No FEI restrictions, and in fact, ours are FEI certified

and being used in the treatment barns right now.

Right. And I have healed some very, very nasty things

that I even looked at and they were infected and I was like

ugh, I don't know if I can do this because the drain opened on top

and it just draws it out.

And then when you do 50-250 Hz settings,

it closes everything over really nice like a liquid bandage.

So you're saying that blue light has been very effective against infections?

Oh my goodness, yeah, to be truthfully honest

I wouldn't own one without the blue light setting.

And this is the only laser with that,

and I love the fact that it has a 50% and a 100% setting

because you can really determine how aggressive you want to be.

Well it sounds like you recommend our laser!

I'll tell you what, every barn should actually have one.

We agree! Thank you very much.

Ann Marie Nagle is from Ohio, in Columbus.

Columbus, and I travel to Florida in the winter so when you travel with a horse,

you know, they pick up stuff right away.

And how do you like the portability?

I do like the portability and hand strap that you offer

for the young horses is awesome because sometimes

when they lift their legs it can get knocked out.

But also it's very sturdy,

long as you take care of your lenses and don't scratch them up,

it's really dummy-proof.

Great, and how long have you had yours?

Almost 2 years.

You can give it to your grooms and as long as you

teach them to take care of it, they can easily use it

because of the CAN settings. I love the equine and companion CAN settings,

those are invaluable.

Once you become really familiar with it,

then you can use the PRO settings and all those and really dig deep.

But the CAN settings are great for beginners.

And how important is the safety aspect to you,

knowing that there's no liability and it can't hurt anybody?

Oh, I mean, that was like foremost.

For more infomation >> World Equestrian Games | Equine Laser Therapy for Pain and Blue Light for Infections - Duration: 3:57.

-------------------------------------------

Would you rather share all your clothes or all your snacks? | Students Answer - Duration: 0:52.

All my clothes.

Because I'm a foodie, so I love my food, so it's like, I find it a little more difficult

to share snacks than I do clothes.

So I'd definitely just share my clothes and not my food.

I'm so bad, not giving somebody else food but definitely clothes over food.

Definitely my clothes because I don't want to keep having to buy new snacks.

I would definitely rather have to share all my snacks.

I think I would rather share all my snacks.

I can't really say why.

I think, because, I don't know.

My clothes, I feel like I'm quite territorial about.

But food, I think is best when shared, so that would be my choice.

For more infomation >> Would you rather share all your clothes or all your snacks? | Students Answer - Duration: 0:52.

-------------------------------------------

#NEWrage3does - Duration: 1:28.

Hey you! Watching this video!

uh me?

Yeah you! Guess what?!

uuh... what?

It's NEW rage3does!!! Its rage3does

but...........new

Hey

Shut up

Why are you crying you don't even pay taxes?

What are ta... NEWrage3does!!! now you might be asking whats new about it. Well, I'll tell you Jeremy

there is wacky editing, wacky editing, racial profiling, wacky editing and new videos like.......

I got my girlfriend pregnant not clickbait

$1,000 drugs versus $1 drugs, and I killed a man in 1984

wait what

New rage3does! videos every

Hey, thanks for watching also.... Thanks for liking and subscribing

That really helps out me and the channel. if you want to see or hear more of me

You can go to my Twitter @rage3doestweets

or you can go to my second channel rage3doesextras where you can see deleted videos, vlogs and much more

But anyway, once again, thanks for watching and I'll see you in the next video. Goodbye

For more infomation >> #NEWrage3does - Duration: 1:28.

-------------------------------------------

Are You an Entrepreneur in York Region? | ACOC Business & Tech Summit - Duration: 0:17.

Hi I'm Chris Brown from LAIK Custom Drums & Woodworking. I'm really excited

to see you guys at the Aurora Chamber Business & Technology Summit on

October 18th. I'm looking forward to connecting and learning how to develop

my Digital Marketing to better reach my customers.

For more infomation >> Are You an Entrepreneur in York Region? | ACOC Business & Tech Summit - Duration: 0:17.

-------------------------------------------

Big Elephant Awesome You See Wildlife. - Duration: 0:25.

Elephant

For more infomation >> Big Elephant Awesome You See Wildlife. - Duration: 0:25.

-------------------------------------------

The One Habit That Motivates You to Do ANYTHING - Duration: 5:45.

I used to be the laziest person I knew.

I used to spend 8+ hours everyday playing video games, browsing forums,

and watching YouTube.

That was my life.

It was my life for all of high school, college, and my first few full-time jobs.

And then I got depressed.

And that really wasn't a lot of fun.

But while battling that depression, I watched a lot of Elliot Hulse.

And I remember he was always recommending

starting the day with audiobooks rather than social media.

At first, I didn't really take his advice so seriously, and it took about 10 recommendations from

him before I just had it with all the bad feelings.

So I took the plunge.

And then a year later, I had read and listened to more than 20 books, and I used those

to kinda completely rewire how my brain worked.

By that I mean, I finally started the YouTube channel I always wanted.

I'm in the best shape I've ever been.

And I'm the happiest I've ever been.

Out of everything I've read, perhaps the single best piece of advice I've received is to set clear

and measurable goals, and to write those goals down in a notebook, and review them every single morning.

It's so easy so simple, yet I was never really taught to do this in school

or by anybody.

I got inspired to start doing this after listening to Brian Tracy, who has changed my life in

so many different ways.

And I kept doing it after listening Arnold Schwartznegger's autobiography, who attributes

goal setting to one of the secrets to his massive success.

So how and why does it work?

Let's say you're learning Japanese for example.

And setting a goal like "Get fluent in Japanese in X years."

is VERY common, but it's not so easy to measure.

In fact, there is no clear goal line when it comes to fluency, so it's going to be really hard to track

your progress.

Try this instead.

"I will read so and so Japanese coursebook, manga series, or novel by ________.

And then, give yourself a reasonable deadline.

You make it a race against yourself to beat that deadline.

Just make sure it's not too crazy difficult especially if it's your first written goal.

And since the goal is to finish one book or one series of books in Japanese,

you can use the number of pages that you read every single day to track your progress,

and you will know exactly when you've beaten that goal when you clear that final page.

At that point, you'll be better at Japanese, feel good about yourself, and be more motivated

to take on more goals.

But what if you don't meet the deadline?

It simply means that you chose a time frame too short, and so you learn from that mistake and then make

a new deadline that is more doable.

Now these goals don't have any real impact unless you review them every morning.

Read them aloud to yourself and try to picture the end result in your mind.

Take just a second to visualize how you'll feel after accomplishing the goal.

By doing this, you plant a seed in your subconscious mind that will start to begin to process how you're

going to make your goals a reality.

It will slowly begin to break down the steps required, and it will send you into an upward

spiral of thinking and planning.

But of course, getting started is always the hardest part.

Every time we think about reading an entire book in Japanese, our brains are gonna resist.

It's going to flood our heads with all kinds of fears, and it's going to do whatever it can to convince

ourselves that we can't do it.

There is a simple trick, however, that makes life a whole lot less stressful.

Don't think about reading the entire book.

Just open it up and read the very first word.

That's it.

If you can do just that, then congratulations because you just did the hardest part.

Now, all you have to do is read the second word.

And then the third word and so on.

It really works, and anytime you get frustrated or distracted,

all you have to do is think about reading just one word.

This same technique can be applied to writing or doing any kind of work at all.

You break down large tasks down into the smallest possible step that you could do

and then only think about doing that.

So in the end, it all boils down to how you start your day.

If you choose to start it with YouTube, or Twitch, or Reddit, you're going to find that your brain gets

stuck in this reactive mode where it's always seeking what's new and trending.

Or you're stuck in this loop where you're replying to other people's messages all day.

Or you're just unable to focus on the most important tasks

because you're getting stupid notifications on your phone every 5-10 minutes.

And you know what? I know how hard it is personally to make these better choices

especially when you're half-asleep in the morning.

It's a real fight, and I understand that this one little video is PROBABLY not going to be enough to

cure everybody of laziness.

So that's why I recommend listening to the man himself, Brian Tracy.

I've recommended Eat That Frog before, but now after listening to Maximum Achievement for

the 5th time, I'm convinced it's the better book.

And if you've new to audiobooks, you can get both of these for free through Audible's free trial.

I'll throw some links in the description box below.

And as always, thanks for watching!

For more infomation >> The One Habit That Motivates You to Do ANYTHING - Duration: 5:45.

-------------------------------------------

Fall Activities: What You Hope For Vs. What It Is | Partners | Scary Mommy - Duration: 1:01.

- Ooh, look at this one! (gasps)

- Wow!

- Isn't Mother Nature beautiful?

- Not as beautiful as our mother.

- Aw!

This one looks pretty good.

- Mom, this bag's heavy!

- (sighs) Why is it so hot?

(flies buzzing)

(cow moos)

- Okay, let me see!

- We made these for you!

- Oh my goodness! (gasps)

Okay, guys, let me see.

Oh, yeah, those are going right on the porch!

(bouncy music)

- We did it! - In record time!

- That was so much fun!

- I love you, Mom!

- Me, too!

- Oh! (laughs)

(children gasping)

- We did it! - In record time!

- [Brother] Where's Mom?

- [Sister] Mom?

- [Brother] Mom!

- Kids!

You're gonna get through this.

Kids!

For more infomation >> Fall Activities: What You Hope For Vs. What It Is | Partners | Scary Mommy - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

#DEBATABLE: Do You Like Morning Classes or Night Classes? - Duration: 1:04.

We're trying to find people! Maybe there's someone there! Someone in there?

Hey Humber! We're back with another Debatable today and we're finding out:

Do you like morning classes or night classes? Let's go!

Okay, night classes or morning classes?

Night.

Why?

(off screen laughing)

Morning! Morning!

Morning?!

Do you like morning classes or night classes better?

Morning!

I would say morning classes.

What? (everyone laughs)

Do you like morning classes or night classes better? Uh, in the middle.

Uh... night.

Cool!

Do you prefer morning or make classes better?

Sorry what?

Night classes! I picked

all morning this semester. I probably shouldn't have.

I'm sorry.

Morning!

Afternoon classes.

If you have to choose one?

Mmmm... morning I guess

Got it.

Any reason why?

Um I like to get my day done and over with?

Um I like morning classes.

Nice! We have the same glasses!

Oh nice!

Morning classes.

Morning.

I am NOT a morning person!

I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want. So yeah

Thanks!

For more infomation >> #DEBATABLE: Do You Like Morning Classes or Night Classes? - Duration: 1:04.

-------------------------------------------

Demystifying Mortgages - Duration: 4:49.

(horn noise)

HERMAN: HEY!

What's the big idea?

JEN: Oh!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you lived in there.

HERMAN: I don't.

Well, not yet.

I'm just here for the open house.

JEN: Are you gonna get it?

HERMAN: I'm not sure.

It kind of depends on the mortgage rates.

JEN: Ha!

Good one!

You're not joking.

Sorry.

I didn't realize hermit crabs need mortgages.

HERMAN: Of course we do!

It's the biggest purchase of our lives.

We usually need a loan to make it happen.

JEN: If I were you, I would just find the mortgage with the lowest interest rate and

go with that.

HERMAN: It's not that simple.

When shopping for a mortgage—or any loan—financial institutions have products with an advertised

APR, which stands for Annual Percentage Rate.

JEN: That's what I mean—just go with the one that has the lowest APR.

HERMAN: But you can't compare them at face value.

The APR represents a combination of things: the interest rate, yeah, but also a wide range

of additional costs.

And, if you're looking at an adjustable-rate mortgage, the APR doesn't even tell you what

your maximum interest rate will be!

JEN: You've lost me.

HERMAN: Look, mortgages come in two basic types: fixed rate and adjustable rate

(also known as variable rate).

In a fixed-rate mortgage, the interest rate is set when you take out the loan and it does

not change over time.

The amount you pay monthly will stay the same for the entire term of your loan.

In an adjustable-rate mortgage, the interest rate—and therefore your monthly payment—is

based on current interest rates in the economy.

If the index they're based on goes up, so does your rate, meaning you'll be paying more.

If the index decreases, so do your payments.

An adjustable-rate mortgage often has a lower initial interest rate, which is very appealing.

JEN: Fixed rate, adjustable rate—how do you choose the best one?

HERMAN: It's always a trade-off.

Fixed-rate mortgages are more stable and easy to budget for,

but have a higher interest rate overall.

Adjustable mortgages have better rates, but are riskier because your rate may increase

over time.

You have to think about your income, your future, how long you plan to live in the home,

your financial risk tolerance—and that's on top of weighing different mortgage types,

interest rates and amortization schedules!

JEN: Gesundheit.

HERMAN: Huh?

No, amortization.

It's how your loan repayment is broken down into regular installments over a fixed period of time.

An amortization schedule shows you how much of each payment is going towards interest

and how much of it is going towards the principal.

Jen: Is it that hard to figure out?

If your interest rate is 3%, then 3% of your payment goes towards interest.

Am I right?

Your face is telling me I'm not right.

HERMAN: That 3% is the annual interest rate.

If you take the total amount owing on your mortgage, and multiply it by 3%, the result

is what you'll pay in interest in the current year,

but the monthly payments work a little differently.

JEN: What?

HERMAN: Let's say you take out a 25-year mortgage for $150,000.

It's fixed rate, so you're paying 711 bucks a month.

In your first payment, $375 will go towards interest and only $336 will go towards your

outstanding balance.

So even though you've made a payment of $711, your balance has only decreased by $336.

The following month, because your outstanding balance is now $149,664, the interest portion

of your monthly payment will also be slightly lower

and the principal portion will be slightly higher.

JEN: So looking at the entire stretch, even though a big chunk of my monthly payments

are going towards interest at the start, over time, that kind of flip-flops and by the end,

more of my payment is going towards principal than towards interest.

HERMAN: Now you're getting it!

Using this example, after 25 years, you will have made over $213,000 in payments

on your $150,000 loan.

JEN: Woah, that's serious.

HERMAN: All the more reason to know exactly what you're getting into before signing everything.

People get into trouble by committing to mortgages they don't understand.

It happened to a friend of mine.

The bank came and took his shell away.

He had to move into a half-eaten ice cream cone until he could figure things out.

JEN: That's rough.

HERMAN: Mortgages can be an empowering experience or a living shell.

It all comes down to your understanding of the mortgage products available, honesty regarding

your personal finances and clarity about your life situation.

As for me, this is a little too much home for my budget.

Time to go house hunting.

Keep it real!

For more infomation >> Demystifying Mortgages - Duration: 4:49.

-------------------------------------------

What Society Won't Tell You About Debt - Duration: 6:37.

- All right, I am pumped about this episode

because it has to deal with a topic that most of you

are dealing with in your life, which is debt.

Ugh, it is so discouraging. I read all these statistics

and these studies all around this topic.

And it's like America is drowning in debt.

And you may feel this way. 78% of Americans now—

it used to be 70%, but now it's up to 78% of Americans—

are living paycheck to paycheck.

And a good reason of that is because of how much

debt they have and how much debt

they're paying out every single month.

And the other hard thing about debt is that it's so normal

in our world today, so normal,

that people forget what debt even is.

I was talking to a group of college students years ago,

and this guy came up to me as I was getting started.

He was like, "Hey, are you the money girl?"

And I was like, "Yeah, I guess so.

"Are we here to talk about money?"

He's like, "Oh, cool, cool. Well, I'm debt-free."

And I was like, you're debt-free?

You're a college student who's debt-free?

You're like a unicorn. Like, you don't exist.

And I got so excited, and I was like, "Tell me your story.

"Like, how are you getting through school debt-free?

"Are you working? Did your parents pay for it?

"Is it scholarships and grants?"

And he looked at me like (laughing)

when my dog looks at me, and he just

turned his head. And he was like, "No.

"I have $36,000 in student loans, but I'm debt-free."

You guys, I hear that all the time.

Oh yeah, we're debt-free, but you know,

our car loan every month is really high.

I'm like, ugh, so, let's just get

on the same page all together, okay?

This is what debt is: Debt is owing anything

to anyone for any reason. Say it again.

Debt is owing anything to anyone for any reason.

Now to make it even less complicated,

let's play a little debt game— What Is Debt, and What Is Not?

(cartoony music) Car loans?

Debt. (cartoony music)

Pizza? (cartoony music)

No, no, no, no, not debt—just delicious.

Student loans? (cartoony music)

Debt, yes. Student loans, debt.

My dog Nala: not debt. But you can lease pets now.

Have you heard this? (cartoony music)

Yeah, that's not a good idea, so sad. Don't lease your pets.

Your mortgage: debt. It's the one type of debt

I won't yell at you for, but it is debt.

Credit cards: debt—yes, even if you pay

your credit card off every month.

During the month, you are still technically in debt

because you owe someone something at the end of the month.

So, that is what debt is. Some of you have fainted,

and you don't even know what to do right now in life

(laughing) because I may have just busted some bubbles

for you. But that is what debt is, you guys—

again, owing anything to anyone for any reason.

And when you look through Scripture, every time

it is mentioned in Scripture (debt), it is in a negative

fashion. It's a curse. It's a burden on your family.

It also says that the borrower is slave to the lender.

And I think that is such a visceral picture.

It's such an example because that is what debt does.

It limits your freedom. The borrower is slave to the lender.

Meaning you don't have the freedom to get to decide

what to do with your income. When you work and your income

comes in and you have debt, you have to pay other people.

You owe someone something, and there's not the freedom

to say, hey, what do we want to do with this money?

Do we wanna invest it? Do we wanna give it away?

Do we wanna spend it? What do we wanna do?

You don't have say over your money.

And that limits your freedom. And my friend, Chris Hogan,

says that debt is a thief. It not only steals your income

from you, but it steals your sleep at night.

It steals your peace of mind. And so, when we look

at this, debt not only has an emotional impact on you,

a spiritual impact on you, but also a big financial impact

on you. And some of you are feeling this pain right now.

Whether it's student loan debt, credit cards, car loans,

or all the above, you're feeling this weight.

And you're getting to a point where you're starting

to get mad at your situation. Because you're like,

what am I doing? I'm working so hard,

and I feel like I have nothing to show for it.

You're getting that feeling, and when you get that feeling,

that's when change occurs. That's when you decide,

I'm gonna do something different.

Because those of you out there that are like,

yeah, kind of, sort of wanna get out of debt.

I mean, I think that'd be fun, kind of, yeah, guess so.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're not gettin' out, okay?

'Cause you can wonder your way in, but

you cannot wonder your way out of debt.

You have to be so invested in this.

You have to say, I am going to work so hard

to get out of debt. And that's what it takes.

But you gotta get mad, you guys.

You gotta be like, I am sick and tired of this.

I am sick and tired of livin' like this.

So when you get that, that's when you can start

this process of getting out of debt

and to be completely debt-free.

So, to get out of debt, we teach the debt snowball.

And that's where you list out all of your debts,

smallest to largest, regardless of the interest rates;

pay minimum payments on all your debt;

and then attack the smallest one first.

And when I say attack, you look at your budget,

and you're like, we're not going out to eat.

We're not going shopping this month.

You take everything out. You cut cable.

You do all of these sacrifices in your budget

and say, we're gonna put as much money

as possible to pay off that smallest debt.

And then once that's paid off, you take all the payments

you were paying on that one, and you roll it over

to the second smallest debt. And maybe you get an extra job,

and maybe you go crazy to get as much money as possible

to pay off that second smallest.

Then once that's paid off, you roll it over

to the third smallest, and you keep going and going

and going until that last debt is paid off.

Then you are debt-free; everything

but your house is completely paid off.

And we're finding that people are doing this

within 18 to 24 months on average.

And this is all income levels. This is all debt levels.

I mean, people are getting crazy 'cause what ends up

happening is, as you're gaining traction

and paying off the smallest debt,

you actually are seeing hope. And you're thinking,

I can do this. Even if it's a $200 Macy's card

that you pay off first, you pay it off,

and it's like, okay, this is possible.

And you start to gain hope, because this is one area

of money that can become so hopeless.

'Cause you feel like you are so deep in debt

that there's no way out. So again, the sacrifices

that you make within your lifestyle,

getting your income up, and letting your expenses go down,

all those things together, you're able to get out of debt.

And I'm telling you, getting out of debt

is something that will take care of you and your family

far into the future. (upbeat pop music)

For more infomation >> What Society Won't Tell You About Debt - Duration: 6:37.

-------------------------------------------

What the U.N. doesn't want you to know - Duration: 3:24.

Hello, my name is Rodrigo Polo

and today is Tuesday, September 25, 2018.

This is what the United Nations don't want you to know!

Most Guatemalans want a real fight against corruption...

...and some left-wing politicians tricked us...

...into believe that an agreement with the U.N...

...will provide that.

This is how they created the Commission Against Impunity.

And almost 11 years later we are still having the same issues.

Did the U.N. told you that Iván Velásquez CICIG did an illegal raid...

...on the President Residency?

This case has no responsible accountable.

Did the U.N. told you about the beating...

...of a young man by CICIG foreign agents?

This case has not been prosecuted.

Did the U.N. told you that while CICIG made a raid...

...a person called Pavel Centeno died of two gun wound shoots?

And they claim that he committed suicide.

Did the U.N. told you that this cases...

...and many other cases were denounced...

...in the United Nations?

...to the Secretary General Antonio Guterrez...

...without him addressing this issues.

These are some of the few reasons...

...why our president declared Iván Velásquez, persona non-grata.

Did the U.N. told you...

...that CICIG prosecuted no one...

...on the drug money received by the UNE party...

...by The Zetas?

Did the former president of the International Socialist...

...and currently Secretary General of the United Nations...

...Antonio Guterrez ever told you...

...that the UNE party Presidential Candidate...

...Sandra Torres...

...was also former vice-president...

...of the International Socialist party?

Did the U.N. ever told you...

...that all human rights organizations, here...

...and even there... (the US)

...are full of left-leaning actors?

And they don't care about any human rights violations...

...against anyone...

but left-leaning actors.

Have any of this organizations said something about right-wing journalist...

...José Daniel Rodriguez?

Not a word.

anything

nada

Did the U.N. told you that most of their politicians are align...

...and founded...

...by the Open Society Foundations of George Soros...

...just like most of the NGOs here that support Iván Velásquez.

Did the U.N. ever told you that most of our media...

...is sponsored by Open Society Foundations of George Soros...

How are you supposed to know what is really happening here...

...if all of our media obey George Soros?

Did the U.N. ever told you...

...that Iván Velásquez CICIG was pushing...

...constitutional reforms in our country...

...that supports gender politics...

...and abortion?

Did the U.N. have ever told you...

...how much U.S. Tax Payer Money has been expended...

...by CICIG and USAID...

...to push this reforms in our country?

Money to create a #LawFare state.

It is funny how all this far-left politicians talk about...

...consensual sex all the time...

...with the #MeToo movement.

And don't get me wrong!

I support the idea that all sexual relations have to be consensual.

I support the idea that: No means no!

But you know what also has to be consensual?

International agreements

So let me be clear:

Former president of the International Socialist...

...and currently Secretary General...

...of the United Nations Antonio Guterrez;

No means no!

Well informed Guatemalans...

...who are not part of the Soros Agenda...

...support our president's decision.

A decision to forbid Iván Velásquez for ever entering our country.

We really want a fight against corruption!

A real fight against corruption...

...and not the prosecution of any of the opposition of the left.

A fight against corruption that doesn't require...

...the imposition of a third party agendas.

We are tired of the #LawFare state.

We are tired of lies...

...and lack of solutions.

Antonio Guterrez respect our democracy!

If you like this message, please leave a thumbs-up, leave a comment...

...and share it with your friends.

As always, my social networks are on the screen.

Hope you like this video see you later.

For more infomation >> What the U.N. doesn't want you to know - Duration: 3:24.

-------------------------------------------

Two Years on Youtube No Success - Duration: 9:19.

Welcome back. We're here on Island Park reservoir out in a canoe obviously. And

doing some QA. Today we've got a question from Zack Morris.

I'll read it to you. Here he says... And this is a question I hear a lot. I've

actually, you know, and it's stressful. He says for 2 years, I've been making

YouTube videos. (So, I am turning here. The wind really wants me to go the other way.)

Trying to make a career out of it. I've been told consistently that my channel

may never grow. What am i doing right?What can I be doing better? So, Zack, I

don't have access to my laptop right now with Wi-Fi to look at your channel

exactly. But I'm actually happy to. I'd love to offer you a channel audit we're

all just take a look and I'll give you some specific recommendations. But in

this video, I'm going to talk about a lot of things that will apply to you and

everyone else watching this video because you might find yourself in the

same situation. Where you're like, "Man, I've been making videos for 2 years

and my channel just isn't getting attraction. I really want it to be my focus.

I really want to make a career out of this. I've been going to these YouTuber

meetups. But I'm not getting anywhere. What am i doing right? What could I be

doing better?" So, those are the right questions. What am i doing right? Well,

you're you're sticking with it for the long term. That's something that you're

definitely doing right. Um, the question that I would have for you is how often

are you posting? Are you posting daily? Are you posting daily? At least that to

me, that's at least five videos per week. If you're not, then think about changing

that. What can you do? I mean if you've been posting once per week for two years

that's about a hundred videos. And that's a good amount of work, but if you're

going to go daily, 30 days per month. 100 videos only takes you a little bit past

3 months. And that's the type of activity that you've really got to put

into it. If you want YouTube to put your videos

on, you know, to suggest your videos next others. If you want YouTube to promote

you, you've got to get, you've got to be daily and you've got to do that for at

least 4 months. And then keep that momentum going beyond that. But after the

4 month mark is when you can do is really going to start promoting you. Now,

another thing that you want to do is you want to go into your YouTube analytics

and look at your retention rate. How long are people watching your videos? If you

make a 10 minute video which by the way, 10 minutes is a good time. YouTube

recommends making videos that are between 7 and 16 minutes in length. So

aim for 10. Aim for 10 minutes each time. You can do a little bit less, you can do

more. Don't go longer than 15 or 16 in my opinion. Unless it's really good. I mean,

I've had one of my best videos was 20 minutes long. But it was a real engaging

video. Hey guys, go this way, the wind is blowing you that way so I'll keep going

this way, okay? What your retention rate is, is when people start watching a video,

let's say it's 10 minutes long, do they on average watch one minute of it? So

that means maybe one person watches the whole thing. But 10 other people only

watch 10 seconds of it. I don't know if that math works out but you know, you

only have a 10% retention rate or average watch time. Or do you have a 45%

45 is the number you want to shoot for. Now, 45% or higher. The

reason I pick that number is because I've had channels do very very well at

45% and above. I've had channels that we've been very consistent. We did

five videos a week. And at the 4 month mark, we weren't seeing any

spike. We weren't getting any help from YouTube. And so, when I looked into it, I'm

like, "These videos, my friend or only at a 23% retention rate. So, I don't

know if I'm saying the exact right statistic but it's what retention rate

or average time viewed. I don't know. You can see it in analytics. Alright. So, I

just put up a screenshot of this is a statistic. I'm looking for right here. You

want this percentage right here to be above 45%. If you're below that

then that's great feedback. You can look at your videos and look at when are

people dropping off what's keeping them interested and what are they not

interested in. And you can adjust your content, so that that's more entertaining.

So, it's more engaging and it keeps people watching to the end. So, that's

definitely a good thing that you need to pay attention to. And if you've done that

for 4 months, YouTube will start to promote the heck out of your videos. I've

had a channel that in, it's been about seven weeks now and we went

from 80,000 subscribers up to 200,000 subscribers. By just sticking true to

that strategy. We had an average of 45% retention rate and we've

been posting videos every single day. And when we film, we filmed 20 or so 20 or

more at a time. So, we're just filming in bulk. Another piece of advice

that I would give you, if you've been filming for two years and not getting

anywhere, find another channel that's like yours or that you think is like

yours that's successful. So if you're making a type of video, a certain type of

video and you're not getting results but somebody else is making a similar type

of video and they are getting results, you need to study their channel and

figure out what are they doing different than me. And maybe get some feedback from

a friends. And saying, "Hey, I'm trying to create a channel like this one. Can you

tell me what I'm doing differently than them, when you watch their videos and you

watch mine. Do they seem the same or what? Do they seem different? You know ,just get

some second opinions.

My wife's calling. It's my kids. I don't know she's saying to him though. Alright,

I've got another point for you. I do a lot of keyword research and so all my

videos are very targeted on phrases people are searching for. And I have one

friend who actually has the same story. She's been posting a couple videos a

week for a couple years now. But when you look at all of her titles, it's you know,

the name of her channel, episode 1. The name

for channel, episode 2. The name of her channel, episode 3. Instead of... And I'm

just going to make up topics here. How to set and achieve goals? Or how to

achieve happiness in life? Or how to meditate when you're by yourself? I'm

just making these up. So, you know, it's when you have specific topics like that,

then you'll attract the right audience. People who are looking for your type of

video. If somebody wants to know man, I need a remedy for my for my sore throat

and they think, "You know what? I think I might have strep throat. Is there

anything I can do about that?" And they go to Google and they type in "How to get

rid of strep throat without antibiotics?" And then they find your video where

you're telling them, "Well, here's what you do. You mix raw honey and garlic and

cayenne pepper. That's a real remedy. If they find that video or they do

that search and they see your video there and it says, "How to get rid of

strep throat without antibiotics?" They click on it, they watch you giving them

that remedy. Then they're going to think "Wow, Nate is an expert. He just totally helped

me out." They'll use the remedy. They'll get help by it. And they'll subscribe,

right? Now, if you made that same video and you just title that sore throat

remedy, you're going up against too much competition. Or if you titled it you know

name of your channel "episode 26." Cool tip for the day: And your cool tip for the

day is the remedy, no one's going to be able to find it. Even the people that have

sore throats and are searching for the remedy, they're not

going to find your video because you said it was called "Cool tip for the day." Not

amazing or "How to get rid of strep throat without antibiotics?" Those tips

are probably things that you already kind of figured. But the reality is

you're not implementing them. If you're not getting results on your channel,

you've been... (I align myself into the wind here.) If you're not getting results

on your channel then the reality is you're not implementing these steps.

You're not doing it. So, don't tell me that you are

because if you were, you'd be getting results. YouTube is art but there's a lot

of science to it. If you follow the right steps, you get the right results. So, leave

some comments below if you have any other points or if you disagree with me.

But I hope you subscribe, hopefully you enjoy this. If you watch this far, I'm sure you

enjoyed the channel. And we'll see you on the next episode.

For more infomation >> Two Years on Youtube No Success - Duration: 9:19.

-------------------------------------------

2018 Omaha Go Red For Women Survivor: Sarah Weiss - Duration: 7:44.

(dramatic music)

(splashing water)

- From the day she was born, she had this innate

ability to care for other people and look out

for other people.

(rushing water)

- She's very perceptive of other people

and, you know, what would make other people have fun.

(rushing water)

(splashing water)

- She doesn't wanna just like sit around

and watch TV all day.

She'd rather go outside, ride her bike,

jump on the trampoline.

- She's loving and she helps people out

when people feel sad.

(dramatic music)

- I like helping people and I like

making people laugh and make them happy.

- We have three kids.

Sarah is our oldest daughter.

She's 12 years old.

She was born on Christmas Day,

so it was our first Christmas gift.

Sarah was active in summer swimming

and she loved dance, and was always dancing

and in dance classes, and she had taken up golf,

and really was just a really healthy, normal kid.

- We start the day just like we started any other.

We got up, we went to work, the kids went to swim practice.

You wouldn't have ever had a thought that,

you know, the day would go the way that it did.

- [Sarah] And I swam for about 15 minutes,

and then I started to get a really,

really bad headache, so I was like,

"I gotta get to the other end and tell my swim coach."

And by the time I was at the other end

of the pool, I couldn't feel my right side of my body.

- Out of nowhere, Sarah's swim coach just goes,

says it like pretty quickly, "Sarah's having a stroke."

And all you could hear was, like, weird words

that she was saying, so it was kinda like gibberish.

- I was in a meeting and got a phone call.

Our babysitter needed to talk to me,

that there was an emergency.

She said, "I don't know what's going on,

"but the lifeguard said Sarah's having a stroke."

And I was like, I mean, you know, how does that happen?

You could tell by the sound of her voice

that it was serious.

- The last thing you expect is somebody to say

that your kid's having a stroke.

She goes into this MRI, she's not talking to us.

We don't know what's going on.

- And then the neurologist came into the room

and said, "Sarah is having a stroke."

You know, I've heard the word stroke a lot

obviously in my life, like, I feel like I kind

of know what that means, but on the other hand,

like, have no idea what that means.

It's not a word that I would've thought

that I needed to understand.

So,

it was overwhelming.

(sniffling)

I just remember thinking, like, if she falls

asleep what if she never wakes back up?

The doctors at that point said, you know,

"Our number one goal would be able to get Sarah

"to talk to us again, and then, if she can talk

to us again, it'd be great if she could walk again."

Pretty heavy stuff to hear, you know, when you

just thought, like, gosh, four hours ago

I thought I had a perfectly healthy 12-year old girl.

Sarah's diagnosis ended up being, it's called

focal cerebral arteriopathy.

The arteries in her brain are pinched and tight,

and don't let the blood flow through like it should.

And they said that she was at a 50% chance

of having another stroke.

"A higher percentage than we had hoped," they would say.

Her first challenges were with speech,

so she really had lost a lot of her ability

to read and communicate.

Her stroke occurred in the area of her brain

that is communication, so the doctors

described it to us like, "Sarah had 12 years

"of information in filing cabinets,

"and someone went in and dumped 'em all out."

So all that information was still there

but she just couldn't find it to communicate with us.

So her first challenge was putting

those shelves back together and getting her

reading and communication skills back.

- Yeah, it wasn't easy.

- Okay, ready?

Jumping jacks.

(clapping)

Let's see if using.

- Yeah.

- Are they?

- She has continued weakness on her right side,

and at first we didn't know what to do with that.

She is, has been right, or was right-handed for 12 years.

We decided that just for her own well-being

let's try and make her a leftie, and see if she

could become left-handed.

- Wow, yeah. - That's good.

- [Kim] You take for granted like

picking up a coin, and she'll sit there

and do it, and it might take her 10 minutes

to pick up one penny.

- You know, there was a period where you're like,

"I don't know if she's ever gonna even want

"to get back in a pool," but she just does.

- Having such a high chance of recurrence,

you want her to go to school and be with her

friends and not have to worry all the time

about, well, you have to stay with me

'cause, you know, what if you have another

stroke and I'm the only one who knows what to do

if you would have another stroke.

The American Heart and Stroke Association

was really helpful.

They have their FAST campaign that's easy

for everyone to understand.

- Face drooping, Arm weakness, Speech difficulty,

Time to call 911.

- It's important to us that people really

know that, and she can go out and we can feel

comfortable that there's enough people out there

wherever she is that they understand a stroke

and know what to look for.

- I thought I was really healthy and I thought

that I would never have to worry about something like that.

It could happen to anybody, so, like,

I feel like pretty much everybody should know

how to spot one.

- What I've learned is any day something

can happen, and you just don't know.

- I think that you get up everyday and you let

the business of life, and you let things,

you know, cloud your perspective about what's important.

We've been given more time with her.

As time goes by, the chance of recurrence goes down.

Let's just take the blessing that we got

and make sure that we have fun in the moment.

- I've learned never take anything for granted

because once it's taken away,

then you,

like, realize how hard it is.

- Sarah's bravery this year has really been

something that I have admired.

She's doing great thanks to a lot of her own hard work.

- I really wanna work in a hospital and be like

a nurse or a speech therapist, so I want

to do that with my more time, and I also just

want to enjoy life, like, play with friends

and go to the pool and do stuff like that.

(dramatic music)

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét