Chủ Nhật, 25 tháng 11, 2018

Waching daily Nov 25 2018

What I expect when it comes to pricing is that we are not finished yet with the pricing

revolution.

So we came from a situation where organizations, travel organizations had seasonal pricing.

Now we have dynamic pricing.

And it's unfair to be honest, because dynamic pricing can mean that if you book on Monday,

it's 20% more expensive than when you come back the next day on the website and it creates

a lot of angry customers.

And what I expect is that we will go to individual pricing.

So instead of giving standard prices for everyone that are different from day to day, I expect

that in the future, data will allow hotels, airlines to achieve a point where they can

offer individual prices.

And the main question and debate should be about "how can you do it in a fair way without

discriminating?".

For more infomation >> From Seasonal Pricing to Dynamic Pricing to Personalized Pricing in the Travel Industry - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

Melvin Gordon Fantasy: Should You Start or Sit the Chargers RB? | Heavy.com - Duration: 4:09.

Melvin Gordon Fantasy: Should You Start or Sit the Chargers RB? | Heavy.com

The great fantasy football debate over top-tier players who are dealing with injuries is never fun.

And in Week 12 of the NFL season, one decision that's big and may have fantasy playoff implications features a top player.

This is Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon, who's dealing with both knee and hamstring injuries.

Reading that a player who is almost certainly your top running back "convinced coaches" to let him play when they wanted to rest him is less than ideal.

And from a fantasy perspective in a game where the Chargers (7-3) face the Arizona Cardinals, there's a whole lot of risk that comes along with playing Gordon.

With that said, let's take a look at whether the Chargers star back is a start or sit this week, and it has very little to do with statistics or the matchup, which is never fun.

Should You Start or Sit Melvin Gordon?.

If Gordon had a tough matchup then this call would be much easier to make.

Instead, he faces a Cardinals team that's dealt with all types of struggles against opposing running backs this season.

On the year, they've allowed 1,286 rushing yards on 287 carries (4.5 yards per carry) to the position.

Even beyond that, Arizona has given up 419 receiving yards on 43 receptions to running backs, along with 13 combined touchdowns.

With the great matchup, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The Chargers really don't have a reason to risk Gordon right now if he's not at least somewhat close to 100 percent.

So from that side of the argument, he makes for a fine play as I don't believe they'd put his long-term health at risk for this game.

But this also means that if Gordon suffers even the slightest setback, he'll likely be pulled off the field.

You should base this decision off your roster, and if you have a strong enough player to start over Gordon.

If so, then it's at least worth considering, especially if you don't need a win to make your fantasy playoffs.

But in most cases, at least in 12-team leagues and above, that won't be the case, so you'll be pressed into starting the Chargers back.

It's an unfortunate situation, but your fantasy roster would need a legitimately talented player in order to not use one of the NFL's most talented running backs this week.

READ NEXT: Le'Veon Bell Holdout: Top 2019 Landing Spots for Steelers RB.

For more infomation >> Melvin Gordon Fantasy: Should You Start or Sit the Chargers RB? | Heavy.com - Duration: 4:09.

-------------------------------------------

Do you struggle with what to buy for someone with a disability or condition? - Duration: 12:10.

Hi, welcome to my channel. I'm filming this in the run-up to Christmas but it's

going to be equally relevant throughout the year, with thinking about presents of

any kind, whether it be Christmas or birthday. This film is for those of us

who struggle to think of what to buy for the people that we love. And that can be

because that person has a condition like dementia or a significant learning

disability or a complex physical disability that means, maybe the obvious

things for someone of their age or someone with their interests you can

typically buy them. If you're looking for some advice and ideas around gift buying

for someone in your life who has a disability or condition then stay tuned

and I'm going to share with you what I know.

Gift-buying and choosing can be difficult at the best of times. Some of

us love going out present shopping, and some of us hate it. Some of us find it

really challenging. And when you throw into the mix the fact that you're buying

for somebody who has a disability or condition, who, somebody maybe who can't

tell you the sorts of things that they want, who maybe can't physically access

some of the things that their peers might be using, then that makes it even

harder. Something that I've found a challenge over the years is that I have

two children; one of them is neurotypical and one of them is, has a disability. And

it's really hard to have this concept of being fair. If you have a disabled

child it's really not achievable to be fair to all of your children, however

many you have. Because you can't be fair in terms of, maybe the holidays you

go on or the things that they do after school, and maybe you can't be fair about

gifts either. So if you've always had in your head that you want to spend

£100 on each of your children every Christmas, but if you can't think

£100 worth of things that they need or want or would enjoy, then maybe

we need to think about this idea that they don't get the same. And if that

feels really awful for you, you can't bring yourself not to give them an equal

value of gifts, then maybe what you could do is give them £40 worth of gifts

and put £60 in their bank account. Another little nugget that I learned,

when James was quite young actually, was I would feel really bad about suggesting

ideas for people to give James which were things I wasn't really sure would

work. And I really don't know whether it's going to hit the mark, whether he's

gonna be able to use it, whether he's gonna be interested whether it will get

lobbed across the room. And actually what I think is you just need to try. Unless

you try you maybe don't know, and there are probably people who are hounding you

for ideas about gifts; just give them the ideas.

And if it doesn't work find a new home for it. It may be that you need to think

about giving money. Now some people find that difficult to ask for, some people

don't like to gift money to people. But for us it's worked really, really well

over the years. And that's not because we're trying to build up some nest egg

for James when he's 18, although there's nothing wrong with that, but it's more

because we've found that things crop up over the year. And if I sit down now and

think, right okay, Christmas is coming up in a month, I need to come up with a list

of things that James would like for Christmas. It can be really hard, because

there might not actually be anything that he wants or needs right now. So to

have a little bit of cash that can go into his bank account, and then in

February if something crops up and I go, oh no, that would be great. I can buy it

with his Christmas money, and I can even let the person that gifted it to him

know, and say you, know that Christmas money that you gave James? Well we have

bought this with it, or we've taken him there. Kind of tied in with money, as in

not being stuff, is the idea of gifting experiences. We love gifting and

receiving experiences in our family, and it can be anything from cinema vouchers,

it could be, if you're young person or the person that you love loves

going to concerts, it could be a voucher for concerts? So vouchers and experiences.

Let's say for, even for argument's sake you think maybe the person that you

love would like to try horse riding. So maybe they could get a voucher for a

horse riding lesson. So if I go on now to actual ideas. This video isn't about

giving you a shopping list of actual physical items that I would suggest.

Because everybody is different, and that's the thing isn't it. That's what

makes this so hard, is that all the people that we love, that we want to buy

for you have a disability, are so different. And so we can't just, you know, write

a list of ten things and say go buy these, this will be great. Otherwise this

wouldn't be so hard. So what I'm more, I suppose going to give you is, a couple of

just general ideas. So number one is practical things. My daughter is

absolutely gutted because when she was young she never had label clothes, I just

wouldn't go there. And now James is the best-dressed boy. Reason being is that

when he goes and socialises with other young people, they have some

connection. Someone might come up to him and go, James I love your shoes, they're

cool; and it's a connection. So I don't have any problem with buying James label

clothes anymore, and it's a great way for him to have lovely birthday and

Christmas presents. The other great category of gift-giving, for actually any

age, is sensory items. Because any of us, I mean if you think lots of us love to

light a smelly candle, which is a sensory experience, it's all about smell. So sensory

items are a great gift idea for all ages and all abilities. There's lots of fab

websites out there selling purely sensory toys and sensory items and

they're usually specialist. And because they're specialists they very often have

a price tag attached to them, they're more expensive. So I would suggest if you

see something, and you think that looks brilliant, just make sure you shop around

a little bit. So for example, if you see a really nice bubble tube, you can get them

with fishes and all sorts, they're beautiful colored lights. Just be careful

because if you see those on a specialist sensory website shop you may pay double

what you'd pay if you found it in a toy shop, or Argos or somewhere, on Amazon. So

just be a bit careful that you don't get suckered into it being "special", be

careful you don't pay that disabled tax on things like that. As far as actually

giving the gift, that's another one that we've struggled with over the years. My

son is just not the slightest bit interested in opening presents. Which

actually is a real challenge on a day like Christmas day because everybody is

together, we're all sharing this experience of sharing and giving and

receiving gifts, and opening them, and the excitement of opening gifts. And James

couldn't give two hoots about opening a present. And that can actually be quite,

quite upsetting as a parent. And, when you say it, it

sounds bit silly, because you think, well, doesn't really matter if he doesn't like

opening a present. But because it is such an experience, and it's such a part of

the day, it is difficult, I'm not gonna lie, I find that quite hard. So I've tried

to, over the years come up with strategies for how to deal with that.

Usually present opening for James lasts way more than a day.

So Christmas presents are still lying there two or three days after Christmas

day for James because he's just not interested, birthdays are the same. One idea I have

come with, and I don't know, it's so obvious,

and I don't know why I haven't come up with it before; is to use gift bags. Alright.

So James has the physical ability that he can pull something out of a bag, so

this year everything is going to go into gift bags. Not wrapped in a gift bag, not

covered in anything, literally gift in a bag. So all he's got to do is take it out.

It may be that you just don't wrap gifts at all if if that's the same for your young

person, whether or not they don't like opening, or they physically can't open a

gift. Maybe you could put it underneath the blanket or something, and whip the

blanket off, and "ta da" or just not bother. It depends where you are on this

continuum of finding that hard and emotional or not. For me, I'm going to

stick with the gift bags this year and see if that works for us. Other ideas

that we've had in the past about things like labeling. If the person that you're

giving to can't read their name, how about printing out photographs of them

then and stick them on to the front of the parcel so they can find their own

gifts. The other thing about wrapping gifts is, and again you'll know if this

is relevant for the person that you're giving to; take the, put the batteries

in, take the packaging off, so it is literally ready to go as soon as you

open the present. Just beware of course, you won't then be able to return

something. So if you're not sure whether it's going to be right, or whether you

might get a duplicate, or you're going to want to return something, obviously

don't take all the packaging off and rip it up and throw it away. It may be that

the person you're giving gifts to actually just

doesn't like the razzmatazz, doesn't like the attention, or the

unpredictability of gift-giving. Sometimes Christmas, full stop, might just be a

flippin nightmare, because there's no routine. If they used to going

school everyday, school stops. There might be new people coming in and out of the

house all the time. So christmas may just be a rough time

for you, and I don't really have a magic answer to that. Other than make it your

own, and try not to be suckered into this idea of having the picture-perfect,

traditional Christmas, where you all do the Elf on the shelf, and you all have

you know, your trips to see Santa. If that's not for you, then please don't

feel that you need to do it. Christmas should be a time of family and

love and giving and sharing, if that's your thing. It shouldn't be about

trying to conform to some Instagram ideal. And that's, it's really easy for me

to say that now, come Christmas Day it's a bit different. But if we can even

get slightly towards this idea of making Christmas right for you, then I

think that helps a little bit. So I hope that's helped in some kind of way. I

think, yeah, it would've been easier if I could have given you a list, and you know,

scroll down below and there's a, you know, a load of links to Amazon for all these

different presents that you can get. But that's not realistic and in fact that's

the point isn't it. Is that, you know if we could make it that easy it would be

easy. So I hope that's been helpful. If anybody has got any additional things

that work for them, some tips and tricks, please do put them in the comments below.

It's fantastic, people are writing comments on the Facebook group and

that's great. But if you put comments below the YouTube video then anybody

who's watching that can scroll down and get ideas as well. So if something

particularly works for you, or you have got an item that you think

everybody should know about, again put that down below

because it might help somebody. So if you're watching this in November of 2018

have a fantastic Christmas! Otherwise I hope you manage to find a great gift

the person that you love.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét