Thứ Sáu, 30 tháng 11, 2018

Waching daily Dec 1 2018

T.M. Landry School Scandal: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

The T.M.

Landry is a school in Louisiana that is known for getting black working-class students into some of the nation's best colleges.

On Nov.

30, The New York Times released an expose that uncovered an alleged "darker reality" about the school, which involved mental and physical abuse, as well as outright fraud.

The school was founded by a couple named Mike and Tracy Landry.

Mike Landry was formerly a teacher and a salesman.

His wife, Tracey, was a nurse.  Here's what you need to know:.

T.M.

Landry College Preparatory Bills Itself as a School Dedicated to 'Self-Worth'.

According to the school's site, T.M.

Landry is a school "dedicated to promoting each child's self-worth and dignity in a supportive, educational and safe environment while preparing them to prosper and flourish in a culturally diverse, technological society.".

The school claims that it has a 100% graduation rate, as well as a 100% four-year graduation rate.

It's also become extremely well-known via the viral videos of college acceptance it publishes of its students, and for the massive donations it receives each year.

This year The New York Times reports that it has received over $250,000 in donations.

Six Students, Both Current and Former, Told The NYT That Mr Landry Actively Told Them to Lie on Their College Applications.

To The New York Times, half a dozen student said that Mr Landry, the founder of the school, told them to flat out lie on their applications.

In exchange for their "loyalty," Landry would provide lavish recommendations, and even provide high grades for the students in advanced classes that they never actually took.

One student, Raymond Smith Jr.

, who graduated from the prep school in 2017 and is now enrolled at NYU, said that Landry forced him to over-dramatize his father's absence in his life.

Smith said, "It's a good look…[these colleges] getting these bright, high-flying, came-from-nothing-turned-into-something students.

Another student, Bryson Sassau, only was able to see his St.

John's application this week, via The New York Times.

Within his application, there were fraudulent claims that he had been beaten by his parents and that his father didn't pay child support (Sassau claims he did).

Sassau also said that there were several aspects of his academic transcript that were entirely false, including some classes he never took and an organization called the Dry House that he never founded.

He said, "He was pulling all of the information out of thin air.".

Students Reportedly Endured Mental & Physical Abuse While Attending School at T.M.

Landry.

It wasn't just fraudulence that may have occurred at T.M.

Landry school; there was also a culture of mental and physical abuse, according to NYT interviews with 46 people associated with the school.

There are court documents showing that Landry and one other teacher have faced legal charges for violence against students and even a police record for multiple witness statements alleging that Landry hit his students.

In 2013, Landry was sentenced to probation and anger management courses after pleading guilty to one count of battery.

He insisted to the NYT that he didn't actually plead guilty or receive probation.

In response to those allegations, Landry said that he could often be rough, and that he encouraged students to compete and be aggressive because that's how the world works.

 "Oh, I yell a lot," he said, adding,"I don't do that anymore.

More than half a dozen students told the NYT that they had personally witnessed Landry choking students, slamming them on desks, and in one particularly upsetting incident, locking an autistic child in a closet.

Landry did not speak directly to those accounts.

Mr Landry Claimed to Have 'Special Relationships' With Elite Universities Across the World- Those Universities Have Denied This.

In addition to encouraging his students to commit fraud with their college applications, Landry falsely told prospective families that he had special connections with the best universities in the world.

In a response, a Harvard spokeswoman said, "Alleged statements made by Mr Landry seriously misrepresent his relationship, and that of the T.M.

Landry School, with the Harvard College admissions office.".

Other colleges and universities that denied a "special relationship" with T.M.

Landry include, Dartmouth, Stanford, Wesleyan, Cornell, NYU, and St.

Johns. The Outcome of T.M.

Landry Students Is a Mixed Bag.

While some of the students who graduated from T.M Landry have fared well at their elite universities, others have struggled.

One NYU student had to drop out due to the increasing pressure of student loan debt, and yet another student currently at Brown is doing well and just accepted a pre-doctoral program offer.

For more infomation >> T.M. Landry School Scandal: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com - Duration: 8:05.

-------------------------------------------

Celebrate Yourself - Love the body you are in - Duration: 10:24.

- Aloha, Fused Hawaii family!

Aloha, ladies!

Its been a while since I dropped in to say hi,

so I wanted to stop in and

just kinda check in with all of you.

Honestly, I've been just trying to disconnect

a little more towards the end of the year.

You know, the holiday season,

it gets really busy and hectic and

in order for me to continuously function

as a mom,

as a business owner,

and get all of my "to- do's" done

without going crazy at the end of the day,

is taking time to breathe.

And taking those little moments

in between all of the chaos

to find that stillness.

So as you can see today,

I have a bikini on because I took a half an hour or so

just to lay out in the sun,

in my yard,

because between my busy schedule,

sometimes I don't always have time to drive down

to the beach or,

you know,

its a whole ordeal in itself, just to do that.

And so, I try to make those tiny moments when I can,

to refuel and recharge,

and so, if you don't see me as much as you usually do,

just know that I'm just trying to create that stillness

amongst the chaos happening towards the end of the year.

In business and life, I'm sure all of you go through

the same thing, yourself,

all of you moms out there,

all of you working women,

college students,

we all have things that seem to pile up and

towards the end of the year, you know,

with holidays around the corner and everything,

our lives just get a little more hectic,

so,

I have to be really intentional about taking that time

as you can hear,

I'm a little hoarse in my voice, too.

I just got over a cold as well,

because with my kids,

when one gets sick,

everyone gets sick in the family.

And so, that's just how it is!

And I wanted to check in with all of you,

because this week,

our content was based around celebrating yourself.

And I did wanna take this moment to drop in

and say hi to all of you,

because I was really,

as I was taking this time off this week,

for stillness, to kind of reflect on my vision

going forward into the new year,

what I want for my life,

what I want for Fused Hawaii,

what I want for my brand,

what we wanna resonate to my audience,

I felt like the words celebrating yourself,

was necessary to kinda hop on and talk about

because as a bikini brand owner,

you know, I work with a lot of models,

we work with a lot of women.

And what I've noticed throughout the years is,

we all have very, very similar

insecurities when it comes to our body,

when it comes to looking a certain way,

feeling confident in the skin we're in,

which is why as I grew Fused Hawaii,

my brand slowly took on a mind of its own and

we started really resonating with our mission to

inspire women to live confidently in the skin

that they're in.

Why did I choose to do that?

Its not that I was that woman,

or I was the perfect example of that,

far from it, actually.

It was because it was my exact story.

And as I became a new mom,

I had a new body to get used to,

you know I became a new mom at 24,

I now have three kids,

and you know, through the process of becoming a mom,

your body changes tremendously

and in drastic ways and

you know through that process, I seen myself

and my insecurities and

I realized that only by loving all of those imperfections

was I able to be confident in the body that I have,

that I'm blessed to have everyday.

And working in the swimwear industry,

having a brand focus on women,

you know,

in clothing that's pretty revealing for our bodies

out in public,

I know that's a very vulnerable spot to be in.

Because I am that woman, too,

sitting on the beach and at times,

covering our stomachs,

or our arms, whatever it is,

or our legs, our hips,

and I didn't like feeling that way, anymore.

And so, I decided to intentionally

make a shift within myself.

To intentionally try to practice

celebrating myself.

Whether that be loving the extra

flab on your arm,

or the extra roll that you're not comfortable with,

you know the scars, the blemishes,

the dimples, the cellulite,

I can go on and on because we all know as women,

no matter who you are,

and how confident we feel at times,

those insecurities come and go.

We live in a society that has trained us to feel that way

and where beauty, you know,

represents our power as women.

And so, here at Fused Hawaii,

we really, this week,

we focus a lot on celebrating yourself.

And what I mean by that is just really

you know, stripping down to wiping the makeup

off your face at times,

not caring what we're wearing, you know,

wake up in your pajamas,

look in the mirror,

look at your hair, just the way it is,

the way the curls are,

however you know, it may be,

and you should be able to look into the mirror

and love exactly who you are at any given moment.

And its difficult.

Its extremely difficult,

just from my own experience as a mom,

going through three children and

really when I had no kids,

I had all of this time to maintain my beauty,

do my hair,

do my makeup,

as you can see, I don't have as much time anymore

by the time I get up and brush three girls' hair,

their hair, do their hair for school,

get them dressed,

I don't even know what they're wearing half the time,

you know, brushing their teeth,

when it comes to me and

I'm sure you all can relate as well,

you mothers out there.

Um, yeah.

We somehow, sometimes we go forgotten,

we look in the mirror,

we feel a little older, you know,

our hair's not as made as it used to.

I remember being in 8th grade,

and I would wake up every morning and curl my hair.

9th grade came,

I would then wake up every morning and straighten my hair,

because that was the trend.

And I really, when I was reflecting this week on the topic

of celebrating yourself and what that really means to me,

and how we as a brand, you know,

can speak on that a little more and encourage

all of you and our audience to do just that.

Its just, being able to wake up,

look in the mirror at any time,

and love

exactly what's being reflected to you.

Inside, outside,

at times we're gonna have our bad days.

We're gonna have breakouts,

we're gonna be 10 pounds more than we'd like to be,

we're gonna have stretch marks,

we're gonna have scars,

we're gonna go through things in life that sometimes

doesn't allow us to look or feel a certain way.

But even in those moments, what I've learned,

turning 32 next year,

what I've learned in my life is that,

even in the moments where you don't feel

completely 100 percent,

its in those moments that really make you who you are.

You're able to use those really tough moments

to transform.

And so I encourage all of you, today,

to take whether its two minutes,

5 minutes,

a split second,

look in the mirror and love exactly who you see.

Flaws and all.

And know

that the things right now,

that maybe you may not, aren't so fond of at the time,

at this time,

its temporary.

It's just a passing moment.

And know that these are the pieces of the puzzle that

will make up your future and your life.

And so why not build on a foundation of loving yourself

and celebrating just who you are in this moment.

And,

I think,

on that note,

we'll all be just a little better at the end of the day.

And our community will grow just a little bit stronger.

And that's just our piece that we can add to this

larger, grander puzzle in this world,

this amazing world that we have around us,

this wonderful community that I'm able to speak to,

and hopefully we as a brand, as Fused Hawaii,

hopefully, with our,

just this little bit of positivity,

that we're able to put in the swimwear industry,

hopefully, we're able to make just a tiny little shift

because I know in the tiniest little shifts,

big changes can be made.

So thank you all for joining me today,

and I hope to to see you soon.

I will be taking a little bit more of a break this

holiday season just because I really wanna reflect,

I really wanna provide you with authentic content,

and I know by me taking this time off for a little while

to refresh, I'm able to come in a lot clearer,

and be able to serve you a lot better.

So thank you all and I'll see you soon!

Aloha, bye!

For more infomation >> Celebrate Yourself - Love the body you are in - Duration: 10:24.

-------------------------------------------

Curtis Stone DuraPan Nonstick 8.5 qt. Roaster with 3.5 q... - Duration: 18:18.

For more infomation >> Curtis Stone DuraPan Nonstick 8.5 qt. Roaster with 3.5 q... - Duration: 18:18.

-------------------------------------------

Maddox Hyde: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com - Duration: 13:35.

Maddox Hyde: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Friends of Maddox/Facebook Maddox Hyde, 14, is not expected to live long, weeks, maybe months.

His wish for Christmas was to receive cards from around the world.

But Maddox is giving back too as he will be joining a video game marathon Dec.

1 to raise money for sick kids.

The mailbox at Ohio Street is likely not large enough for Christmas cards this year.

Postmarks from Wales, Australia, Texas, Vancouver, Delaware, Delhi, Jerusalem, South Africa, Mexico, New Zealand, and Malaysia fill the box.

There's nary a place in the world where a hand-written card has not been postmarked for Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania addressed to Maddox Hyde, the 14-year-old middle school student who has captured hearts globally.

Maddox is dying; his family says he has weeks to live.

Maddox had a gift in mind for what may be his last Christmas.

And the world is helping to fulfill that wish.

But even as he faces a terminal illness, he's smiling and helping others.

And on Saturday, Dec.

1, he will play in a video game tournament to raise money for other ill and terminally ill kids.

This is a story that will restore your faith.

Promise. Here's what you need to know:.

Maddox Has Weeks to Live, His Family Says.

According to his family, when Maddox was 6, what otherwise might have appeared as just a bloody nose developed into a tumor the "size of a grapefruit" on the adrenal gland that sits above his kidney.

He was treated over the course of 18 months.

Then, a scan revealed an inoperable tumor on his right hip.

This is Maddox's "cancer journey" story:.

"Maddox and his family traveled to another children's hospital for a clinical trial.

On March 29, 2012 Maddox was in remission again.

But, only three days later, he was paralyzed and diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome a disease that attacks from the feet up.

He was in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit on a ventilator for two weeks.".

"From the hospital, Maddox spent two months at the rehab center where he relearned how to walk, eat, and write.

All of his abilities and feelings returned, except for some lingering weakness in his left foot.".

"Ten months later, a small tumor was found on his spine.

He started more treatments and the tumor was shrinking, until it exploded after six weeks and grew drastically in his back.

After Maddox felt his mouth becoming numb and weak, an MRI showed a tumor on the back base of his head.".

Maddox has stage 4 high risk Neuroblastoma, tumors and Guillain-Barré.

And yet, he fights. And smiles.

Now, his family says, rather than subject him to additional treatments, "they are heading home with him to keep his pain controlled as he lives his final weeks.

Maddox Has Asked for Christmas Cards From Around the World.

And the World is Responding.

"It has just come to my attention that we have a local child from the Dubois middle school who is being sent home on hospice.

He has what the doctors are calling terminal cancer.

He would like to receive lots of Christmas cards.

Please send him a card and share this.

We believe in you and support you Maddox!".

People from The Netherlands, Amarillo, Texas, Fullerton, California, Belfast Northern Ireland Seattle, Washington, have cards on the way.

And classrooms full of kids in the U.S.

and the U.K.

And families from Lima, Peru and Lagos, Nigeria.

Some say they have not sent a Christmas card for years, decades even but Maddox has inspired them.

And for some, helped see their faith restored.

Maddox Hyde, 333 Ohio St.

, Reynoldsville, PA, USA 15851.

A Video Gamer, Maddox Will Play in the 'Extra Life' Marathon December 1 to Help Raise Money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

Extra Life is a fundraising and gaming marathon to support Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

One hundred percent of the donations go to local hospitals.

Maddox is a team captain.

On his Extra Life fundraiser page, he wrote:.

"To be remembered as an inspiration to others, and as a Champion for other kids like me, I will be playing games on Dec.

1 starting at 11AM.

Together we will make a difference for sick kids," Maddox says.

Maddox's team says it is on a "mission to help sick and injured kids in our local communities.

Each of us has chosen our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital that treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their illness, injury or even their family's ability to pay.".

Donations are tax-deductible and, Extra Life says, "will make miracles happen for families who desperately need them.

You can donate here.

Maddox's Mom Kristi Recently Reminded People to 'Think of Innocent Kids Who Haven't Yet Lived' When Donating to Cancer Reseacrh.

"I see tons of people jumping the gun and getting ready for breast cancer month and that's great, my heart goes out to those people as well.

Let's not skip September and GO GOLD for childhood cancer awareness," Kristi wrote.

"Eight years ago my little kindergarten boy was diagnosed with stage 4 high risk Neuroblastoma.

2 relapses and 4 tumors later he's still fighting.

I strongly support anything cancer related, but these kids only get 4% of funding for research.

Next time you donate ask where it's going and think of these innocent kids who haven't even lived yet!".

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

According to the American Childhood Cancer Organization, "In the U.S., 15,780 children under the age of 21 are diagnosed with cancer every year; approximately 1/4 of them will not survive the disease.

A diagnosis turns the lives of the entire family upside down.

The objective of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month is to put a spotlight on the types of cancer that largely affect children, survivorship issues, and – importantly – to help raise funds for research and family support.".

You can donate here.

The Friends of Maddox Facebook Page Keeps People Up-To-Date & Captures Moments From His Life.

Support for the Teen Has Grown.

Kristi and hundreds of 'Friends of Maddox' regularly post updates and images on the Facebook page create to keep people up-to-date on th teen's progress.

Kristi posted Friday, Nov. 30:.

"Just a little update and a few things that have been happening the past few days.

We went to watch the DuBois Dream team place some b-ball! They were great as always.

He went in to visit his friends and teachers at the school.

We even had lunch with Jonah.

And of course the cards… they are flooding in from all over.

Thank you to Torie Sedor for getting us a map to keep track.

He plays with R2D2 everyday!!! It lights up and makes noise like R2D2.

On a health side….

he's been doing pretty good lately.

Finally eating some, minimal pain, and I think last night was the most I seen him out and about the house.".

Maddox had been attending school as long as he was able.

He visited DuBois Area Middle School to see classmates and teachers.

They welcomed him with love and open arms.

For more infomation >> Maddox Hyde: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com - Duration: 13:35.

-------------------------------------------

Did you notice this blunder in The Walking Dead season nine? - Duration: 3:50.

Did you notice this blunder in The Walking Dead season nine?

There have been a small handful of moments during The Walking Dead's nine seasons that haven't sat well with fans, visually.

One of the most memorable CGI fails was a deer during a playground scene with Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and Michonne (Danai Gurira).

But the trailer for the second half of season nine features a pretty hefty fail that could mean life or death, if it was reality.

At one point, Carol (Melissa McBride) and her allies from The Kingdom draw their bowstrings back to fire off arrows at an incoming enemy.

Related Articles   The Walking Dead season 9: Is THIS what Michonne and Daryl's scars really mean?   The Walking Dead leader killed off as The Whisperers claim first victim   The Walking Dead boss confirms star's future after devastating exit.

But in the next scene, with her bowstring still pulled back, Carol and her pals are without their arrows.

The section which shows her getting ready to fire includes the arrows – so where did they go? A simple explanation is that post-production work on that particular scene hasn't yet been completed.

The shots of the arrows being fired are likely to be added with CGI, to avoid any accidents with stray rounds.

It seems that the second half of the season will be just as action-packed as the trailer if the mid-season finale is anything to go by.

This week's episode saw a small group of survivors cross paths with the dreaded Whisperers, who had been teased for a while already.

During a foggy fight scene, one of the villainous group pulled out a sword and stabbed Jesus (Tom Payne) in the back.

Related Articles   The Walking Dead confirms MAJOR spoiler in Rick's death dream sequence?   Did you notice The Walking Dead potential plot hole over Rick's exit?   Did The Walking Dead drop a MAJOR hint about another secret romance?.

The rest of the group fought back and soon realised that the apparent walkers were actually very much human.

More Whisperers surrounded the protagonists and it seemed they were almost certainly doomed.

But who else will The Whisperers claim as their victims when the show returns next year? The Walking Dead season 9 resumes February 11, 2019 at 9pm on Fox UK and streams on NOW TV.

For more infomation >> Did you notice this blunder in The Walking Dead season nine? - Duration: 3:50.

-------------------------------------------

Sciatica Pain, a Medical Emergency - Duration: 2:24.

> How do you know when to see your dr. Welty funny you should ask

We just happen to have some of the warning signs and this will give you a good idea.

Doctor, I would guess all of these are pretty simple. Yes those problems go. Absolutely

Sudden severe pain in the low back or leg. That's all that's telling you that you already have a something an injury going on.

So how the the how the body is gonna react will be by signaling that you have pain

so that's the way that is gonna alarm you that you have something going on in your body and

That's how our mechanism of protection so that will make you seek attention.

Obviously if there's a violent injury like a fall or trauma.

Normally one of the things do we want to make sure there's no no fractures on the spine,

So at least if you have those, please go to the physician or Urgent Care, ER making sure at least get some x-rays,

If there's a fracture definitely we can treat those,

If it's not then most likely to have some muscle contusion and you you can rest freeze

It's just a matter of time and then obviously trouble controlling bowel bladder

that means that you have significant compression of the lower segments of the lower back and

And basically that's compressing the the last of the nerves that means that you have a significant amount of nerve compression.

> Why do you use leg raises to help do some of the diagnosis? > The straight leg raise test

It's a it's a test that we use on...

It's a maneuver that you will use on physical examination,

That we we lift the leg up. So we have someone lying down and all of a sudden we lift the leg up.

So what happen is that we are putting some stress or some strain on the lower segments mostly there and it goes the

The lower the number the more strain you put so we have the s1 nerve, the l5 nerve, l4 nerve.

Those are the ones that we're testing. The s-1 nerve gets muscle torque when you're doing that

so it's more sensitive for an s-1 problem rather than an l5, rather than an l4.

So what that means we have the the nerve. So do you have a number we called it by a number.

S1 Sacral one, l5 lumbar five, lumbar four, etc. So the more torque more strength more strain. We're putting on those nerves

When we're lifting the leg up

That's telling us if you have something going on in the spine, but we it's not specific

We don't know what's causing you the symptoms. We know that there's something going on.

For more infomation >> Sciatica Pain, a Medical Emergency - Duration: 2:24.

-------------------------------------------

ఏయ్ యాప్ ఐనా ఫ్రీగా డౌన్లోడ్ చేస్కోండి | Top 3 Best Websites To Download Android Apps 2018 | TUT | - Duration: 5:22.

links in the description below

For more infomation >> ఏయ్ యాప్ ఐనా ఫ్రీగా డౌన్లోడ్ చేస్కోండి | Top 3 Best Websites To Download Android Apps 2018 | TUT | - Duration: 5:22.

-------------------------------------------

Symptoms of Sciatica - Duration: 1:42.

> Tell us what we're seeing here and focus in on those areas that you just talked

about that we need to discuss. > So what we have over here, here's the spine looking

from the from the back view so we have the different segments in here and the

spine, those are called the bones or the vertebra.

So in between the bones we have certain structures that we call the disk so

basically that entails the lower back and between some structures over here we

have the nerve, it... eventually essentially what sciatica means is that

there's a compression of a nerve in here in your lower back and actually you

might be feeling down that in the in in the buttock or in the leg. So that's

basically what the sciatica entails, so it's normally a problem up here that

normally people will feel it down in the leg. > So when we're getting to the

leg I mean you've looked at the spine right there

so what is that pain though that then shoots all the way down at the leg I

would guess that that then is attacking the nerves the muscles what are we

talking about. > Basically that would be a nerf essentially this is a little more

of a close-up view here so we have a better close-up of what we were seeing

before, so we have the bones and here in between we have the disc and here this

jello structures are called nerves so normally when there's a nerve that is

being compressed you might feel the symptoms going on the leg it's basically

we're electricians, so we might have although you may have a problem in your

lower back you might feel a jolt of pain going on the leg and depending on which

nerve is being affected you might feel it in a specific distribution running on

leg either in the side of the leg, back of the leg, front alike, it depends and

normally those patient and the patient we having complains of having numbness

and tingling for the most part along with it,

sometimes if it's severe enough they can they can have weakness.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét