Thứ Ba, 31 tháng 1, 2017

Waching daily Jan 31 2017

[MUSIC PLAYING]

You prepare the skin and use a quality razor.

You believe you have covered every millimeter.

But then you rinse and look back into the mirror

and see random hairs remaining.

It's not like you don't know what you're doing.

This is a daily ritual.

But why are they there?

And how can you get them all first time?

The key is in the contours of the face.

Were your features flat, the blades would easily glide over them.

But every face is full of angles-- including the chin, the jawline,

and the jawbone corner-- which are unique and different for every man.

You attempt to glide the razor over and around these obstacles,

but the blade is straight and your face is not.

It's like trying to mow a bumpy lawn.

Gillette brought in its first center-pivoting razor in 1977.

21 years later with the launch of Mach3, we moved the pivot from the center

to the front, shifting the load from the hand

away from the blades for a more comfortable, close shave.

But the cartridge movement was still restricted to up and down.

The answer is a new dimension in cartridge information

through a revolutionary pivot between the handle and the cartridge.

Mobile like the wrist, the pivot responds to the contours of the face,

allowing the cartridge to stay in great contact

with the skin throughout the shave.

It's called FlexBall, its mission never to miss a hair.

[MUSIC PLAYING]

For more infomation >> How to help prevent missed hairs while shaving | Gillette Flexball Technology - Duration: 1:44.

-------------------------------------------

How eating low-fat foods is bad for us? Weight loss solutions 3 - Duration: 2:15.

For more infomation >> How eating low-fat foods is bad for us? Weight loss solutions 3 - Duration: 2:15.

-------------------------------------------

Gothic Calligraphy for beginners with Tri Shiba - Duration: 6:40.

For more infomation >> Gothic Calligraphy for beginners with Tri Shiba - Duration: 6:40.

-------------------------------------------

D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die Gameplay Walkthrough - Episode 1- Xbox One - No Commentary - Duration: 1:03:57.

Bathroom again

Lol

Close

For more infomation >> D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die Gameplay Walkthrough - Episode 1- Xbox One - No Commentary - Duration: 1:03:57.

-------------------------------------------

I SHAVED MY DOG - Duration: 5:27.

For more infomation >> I SHAVED MY DOG - Duration: 5:27.

-------------------------------------------

Which Locks Your Phone Best: Pins, Patterns or Passwords? - Duration: 3:31.

I don't keep a passcode on my phone, I just make my life too boring to hack.

Hey iPhone Addicts, Jules here for Dnews!

It's 2017, and passwords are soooo passé!

It goes without saying that our phones have become our main confidants, and the information

on them; sacrosanct.

In the last few years, we've seen countless variations on phone security, and new authentication

methods on the part of companies like Android and Apple.

Things like fingerprint scanning, encrypted passcodes, even complex patterns that have

to be inputted to gain access into the device.

But technology researchers will soon present a scary reality at the Network and Distributed

System Security Symposium of 2017.

They used covertly taken video of someone using Pattern Lock on their Android device

and paired it with computer vision algorithm software, which was then able to produce the

correct pattern within just five attempts.

The software was able to do this by tracking the victim's fingertips, from as far as

2 and a half meters away.

So, if you thought Pattern Lock was safer than a passcode, maybe it isn't.

Plus, most people don't use difficult to guess patterns or passcodes, making the job

of cracking them even easier.

Some security analysts suggest that the method of locking is less important than using multiple

encryption.

Most phones have an option where after a certain limited number of attempts, the phone locks

itself down until you can get it to a computer for validation, or it simply wipes the device

clean.

But even this encryption can be subverted by making multiple copies of the phone's

software.

So maybe the solution is to have a better password than just a four digit number of

nine-point pattern.

A four digit pin has about 10,000 possible combinations, a four-to-nine-point pattern

has closer to 400,000 combinations, but if you use an actual, alphanumeric password,

the number of options increases exponentially.

Even if you use a five-character alphanumeric password, with 90 different character options,

you'll end up with almost six billion different combinations.

That's pretty secure.

But of course, if someone sees you input your password, whether it be a camera, or just

someone looking over your shoulder, your security is gone altogether.

So what about fingerprint scanning?

That's safe, right?

Well, for starters, your fingerprint isn't really protected.

As we've talked about before on DNews, a number of companies have shown that fingerprint

unlocking can be done using 3D printed prints.

In 2013, a hacking group called the Chaos Computer Club took a photograph of a fingerprint,

laser printed it, poured rubber over the pattern, and was able to use this mold to unlock a

phone.

And of course, there's the less scientific method of just knocking you out and pressing

your thumb against the phone.

And legally, a fingerprint is not even considered a "password".

That might seem obvious, but an important example is if you are arrested and the police

want to go through your phone.

The Fifth Amendment says that you cannot be compelled to provide self-incriminating evidence,

like a password, but according to a court in Virginia, your fingerprint is not incriminating

information.

Other biometric ideas are in the works to help keep phones secure, and may one day be

standard on all phones.

It's already possible to recognize a designated person using their heart-rate, their vein

pattern under the skin, even by the iris and retina in the eye.

For now, it may just be a good idea to keep sensitive data off your phone.

If you want to know more about how phones can be hacked, check out this video here.

So that's hacking your phone, but did you know you can hack your body and implant technology

in it?

Our friends at Zoetic cover that in this video, here.

And what do you guys use?

A pattern? a pin? a password?

Your fingerprint?

Let us know down below in the comments and don't forget to like and subscribe for more

DNews every day.

For more infomation >> Which Locks Your Phone Best: Pins, Patterns or Passwords? - Duration: 3:31.

-------------------------------------------

Biggest TWINKIE in the World (BAD BURN) - Duration: 12:06.

That is awesome!

God!!

Yo, it's your boy Kill'em

and welcome to today's Vlog!

So before we get into today's video

I just wanted to mention about yesterday's video

I really appreciate every single view I get

on any video because I'm not forcing you.

Nobody is forcing you to watch my videos

you come and watch just because you want too

and I really, really, honestly do appreciate it

So, the thing is you start getting

like a normal amount of views, you know like

you upload a video, no matter what it is,

you're always around a certain amount of views

in that first hour.

Yesterday's were just insanely lower than normal,

I mean I don't know.

I could have just uploaded the worst video ever

no one wants to watch it.

I think that is a YouTube problem,

because my girlfriend subscribes to me,

she never got a notification.

And I'm sure a lot of people never did,

completely sucks, you know.

You spend all day recording a video,

you put a lot of effort into editing it

and then YouTube, f**ks up!.. pretty much.

It just sucks, it really does suck

So, it would mean a lot, if you could go back

and watch that video.

I really, really would appreciate that.

Got a link thing there,

or a link in the description below, you know.

Go and check it out.

And then come back here of course.

Don't just leave and go forever,

come back and enjoy this video.

Yeah, it's actually night time,

let me just check with my new watch.

It's 10:52 pm, and I'm just starting the vlog.

That is insanely late.

I've had loads of things to do today.

So yeah, I feel like we've got this little thing

going on the channel recently,

where I teach you some

Northern English slang words.

I've done it on few videos, I like doing it

it's cool, I mean cause I know,

most of you who are watching

are either from America, England,

so theres a lot of you down in London or in

Scotland and stuff and Canada.

So, Northern England we've our own weird slang.

It's weird, I don't know how it came about.

I'm gonna teach you some,

so I've already taught you a few words.

So today what I'm gonna teach you is,

it's a greeting word,

I mean you could walk up to somebody and say, "Hello".

You could walk up to somebody and say,

are you alright?

Nah...

No!

We just kinda merged all of that into one word,

"Oreyt"

"Oreyt"

You wan out!

Aaaayyooo duck, you want out!!!

I'm sorry, it's like I've got tourretes.

I've not got tourretes, nothing wrong with tourretes.

I'm just weird.

Chip, I didn't checked on Chip today.

Chip!

Chip!!

♪ Chip ♪

Where's Fish?

Fish!

Fish

Look at all these dead flies on the top

I guess when you got a real fish,

you don't really realize that

dead flies are landed on the water.

They're not dead when they..

flies are not landing on the water and dying

But if you've got a real fish they eat them.

When you've got a robot fish, the flies just stay there and die.

And stay there... the more, water is mucky...

I need to clean my robot fish

Aaaahhh Jesus, anyway let's move on.

I went through a stage,

like a month or two ago,

where I used to make the worlds biggest foods.

I made the worlds biggest tortilla chip and salsa.

Worlds biggest Reeses Cup!

So, now I want to make the worlds biggest Twinkie

I love Twinkies, Twinkies are nice.

I wanna make the worlds biggest.

So, me and my girlfriend are gonna go to the shop,

luckily it's open 24 hours,

everywhere shout out to 24 hour shops.

We're gonna go to 24 hour shop,

buy all the things we need to make

the worlds biggest Twinkie.

And we are gonna make it, here today!

So, but before we do that,

I need food, I need some...

I brought this stuff,

it's like, it's a plastic bottle, called pancake mix.

You just get this much pancake mix

and the rest is empty.

So, I think, all you have to do

is fill the rest up with water,

shake it, pour it and make pancake,

eat pancake, enjoy pancakes

and poop it out.

I don't know why I went that far,

Let's make some pancakes,

so we can go make the worlds largest Twinkie!!!

Woooohhoooo!

Pancakes, baby!

I didn't think I had anything to put on it,

so I start pouring sugar over everything

then realized we had, Golden Syrup.

Ummm!

Off to the shop we go

Aaaahhh, I feel so sick!

Smashed the pancakes in like less then a minute.

I think that was like my full daily

amount of calories in a minute.

Let's buy some stuff!

Where are we going?

Shop

Got a basket, I don't know why you need to know.

We are here to buy all the stuff to make

the worlds largest Twinkie.

I already got a couple things at home

caster sugar and Vanilla Ice...

Vani...

Vanilla Ice, no we ain't got Vanilla Ice at home.

Vanilla extract, we've already got that.

Just a few more things we need,

apparently, I think,

you are not allowed to record in shops

because of all the branded stuff in the background but

YOLO!

Please cut that out

Okay there we go, we got everything we need.

Got my grapes, my banana, my tomatoes.

Got everything, alright let's go.

The kids... kid's toy, that was a rubbish joke

let's get some real stuff.

So the first thing what we need, butter.

That's handy, cause we are in the butter aisle..

Ohh I knew we needed butter, this is stupid.

I think this one, it says perfect for cakes,

bacon and shizzle, so.

We got a kilo that's plenty.

Eggs next, eggs.

Eggs!

Eggs, that one, there we go.

Place it gently.

What next?

Powdered sugar and flour,

baking powder and then that's it.

Don't need a lot really, do we?

Okay that's weird, stop.

Self raising flour, 45p!

Bargain.

We can buy frosting ready made,

or you make it yourself.

It's only 1 pound 70

for a full box.

The ready made icing is like 2 pound/tub

and we need like 10 tubs or something.

Yeah..

Yeah, we're gonna make our own, aren't we?

Baking powder.

I can't talk a lot in here

cause they got music on in the background,

and I'm going to get done for copyright

So, let's go pay for these things and lets get going.

We got all the shizzle, let's bounce.

I can't believe I just said 'shizzle' and 'bounce'

I sound like a 15 year old and I'm 27 soon.

It's 2 months to my birthday. No!

I'm 27 soon, I'm closing in on 30.

God damnit!

Yes you saw that, right?

We're starting to make the worlds largest Twinkie,

loads of baking, probably 2 to 3 hrs of work,

at 1:28 am.

Cause we bloody mental.

I'm making a new rule.

For the rest of the day,

you can't just take your coat of like a normal person,

you've got to do this.

Jesus Christ!

It's been like half an hour

and we've been trying to discuss stuff.

We've been drawing little diagrams out, on envelops.

Trying to figure out exactly,

how we are gonna do this thing?

We've even cut pieces of kitchen paper,

so we can try and think how,

we're gonna do it.

So we're gonna use that tray from the bottom there

to make outer shell.

One of these, to make the ends.

So we can, we're going to like role the outer edge,

so, it's like a tube and then make some little ends,

to fill the ends and then

make the stuff in the middle and..

you will see how we're gonna do it but

it's hard to explain....

- Put it in where no powder sugar is

- and then slowly go.

It feels like powdered sugar is just gonna go.... kabooom

Awww, I want to just eat it all, do you?

- Not yet, it's just butter and sugar. I bet it's really nice.

Is that good, is that done.

No you just need to whip it more.

I need these whippy things, did you wash them?

Yeah,

could you give them to me,

I didn't hear water running tho.

Ahhh what?

Every one who did this,

when they were a child, leave a comment.

Everyone's gonna comment.

Oh my God!

Look!!

Mom and Dad's brand new kitchen,

they're gonna kill me, oh my God!

It like takes 2 hours to make this Twinkie thing,

it's gonna take 5 hours to clean it, before they wake up.

Don't come in, stay there.

Oh God!

My life's over.

It's been good knowing you all.

Oh it stinks, it's over, it's over!

So, what do we have to do now?

Whip it.

So here we go, it's time

Chip!

Stop it, be quite!

Time to put it into the oven.

Oh God!

15 - 20 minutes, we got to keep our eye on it,

until it's goes golden.

As soon it's done we are gonna take it out,

we're gonna have the frosting ready,

so we can roll it, while it's still hot.

Or if it starts to dry,

it won't roll and it'll just break and ....

yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

This is better than TV.

Okay, the alarms just gone off.

Moment of truth, we've got to take it out

and we gotta be real quick,

I haven't got much time to talk, let's go

Jesus Christ!

Them gloves are rubbish, Jesus!

- he he he he he

Get really close to it, and tilt everything, that's it.

Yeah!

So now we gotta put the icing in the middle,

then we flip in the edges over.

Wish us luck.

It's like a huge burrito.

Ohh yes!

- there's ripping

That was awesome!!

So, we're just gonna leave that to cool down,

we can probably take it outside,

it's ripping a little bit, but it's looking good

it's ripping loads (mumbling)

So, it's 4:06 am right now,

oh I'm so tired.

So, what's happened is, it's gonna really flat,

it's like this now.

It's more like a cake.

To be honest, it's like a cake.

So, we're gonna leave that to cool for an hour or two

and then we can these sides on,

it's not gonna look like Twinkie really,

but hopefully taste just as good.

It has been just a complete disaster,

it's 4 am, I just wanna go to sleep

and I'm doing this and now I gotta wait.....

Why!

Twinkie why!?

This is awesome! It's huge!!

I did make another part of sponge,

just to cover the ends, but because it's gone flat

I just can't be bothered, to be honest.

It is good enough for me, that looks decent

enough, like a Twinkie.

So, let's just get straight into it.

Taste test, baby!

But first, I've been doing shout outs

on my recent videos and on my last video, I said

to get a shout out all you have to do is,

subscribe to me, turn notifications on and leave a comment

saying, "Moon, bring me that pizza."

and you could've got a shoutout.

So, I'm gonna randomly pick today's winner.

Today's shout out goes to

Cameron Cartwright

says, "Moon bring me da pizza".

He subscribe, he turned notifications on

and he left a comment.

So, if you want a chance to be shouted out

in the next video, all you've got to do is

Subscribe, turn on notifications

and leave a comment saying,

"Whip your hair back and forth".

Why not?

One more thing before we can do this

taste test on the huge Twinkie.

There's someone missing, there's someone missing

from the video and we just can not go on without them..

this chap, oh this guy Dave!

♪ Dave ♪

Mr Dave!

He's still got bloody chocolate around his mouth

from that last video.

Be a good boy Dave.

♪ Dave ♪

♪ Dave ♪

I love that little jingle, I might make it a ringtone.

What do you think?

Shall I make it so you can download it as a ringtone?

Let me know in the comments.

No more messing around.

It is time.

Huge Twinkie taste test.

Jesus, I thought I'd not pressed record then.

All that, I thought I had to do all that again.

Shall I crumble a bit off nicely?

Shall I lick... oh wait.

Hmmm look at that, frosting from the side.

Ohhh, that is beaut....

Oh God!

Ohh!

Picked up quite easy.

Yeah, we did that underneath,

so you can't see the line.

This is the top.

Unfortunately it went flat, if that looked round,

that would've been perfect.

Let's just dig in, I guess.

Let's dig in Dave... dig in Dave!

That is absolutely gorgeous.

I couldn't breath for a second, oh God!

It's a bit dry, it needs some moisture.

You want some Dave.

♪ Dave ♪

Good boy!

You got a bit of... something on... you.. there

it doesn't matter.

For more infomation >> Biggest TWINKIE in the World (BAD BURN) - Duration: 12:06.

-------------------------------------------

STARBOY Cover by Flula - Duration: 2:45.

hello

he man a man goes soon to low

who socks a shoe to loud

he goes to pool to the who says who

who to the monk goes sure shoe who

hey banana man pajama says no to hi

who cocky new say cockatoo solo

sue who salt

do it don cadabra

knee bauble neo neo

rattle tattle baby soup tea room

and whole of mama mommy flea is mama free hole

thai bye soft the moon stay shady roof

the cock of lock of lock of panama mean oh sue to the

he

the marzipan is monster man oh donkey

la bamba

ha ha ha ha ha

no no mart

he is honey bunny star boy

looking so much

eat the many nanny star boy meeny miney starboy

none of none of whole the boo

he sock the soup goes llewd lieu llewd

he did the none of shoe shoe shoe

he cocked the flew flew hoop who loop

he got the pop and fought the who tube plot

he said the no to the hulu lot

he got the mode to the noon tune blah

super dodo

ohio

he said the money is to chocks

go go go go man go frijoles

he says the hose go sally

hodor hulu hodor here hoot

cockle

hockey sock see saw

take the hong kong fruit

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

lucy sue what

ha ha ha ha ha ha

i go money want to star boy

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

hello she sue one

i need money money star boy

dance

For more infomation >> STARBOY Cover by Flula - Duration: 2:45.

-------------------------------------------

What Your Foot Says About You - Duration: 4:48.

Hello everyone.

Did you know that your toes can tell you a lot about your health and your personality?

According to some studies,the length and shape of your toes says a lot about you as a person.

Well, even though taken with a pinch of salt, it's still fun to know what this video has

to say about you!

If you have wide feet, the Chinese would say your feet are planted firmly on the ground.

You're always on the go and can't sit still for a minute, but should try to make time

for reflection, and a little peace and calm in your life.

But, if your feet are long and narrow, the Chinese would say you have Princess feet that

barely touch the ground.

You were born to be waited on.

You like nothing better than to be pampered.

You find it incredibly easy to delegate.

Why bother with all the hard work if you can get someone else to do it for you?

You've got a strong aesthetic sense and need beauty in your surroundings.

Now, if each toe is a little longer than the one before, creating a neat line, this indicates

a methodical, precise and extremely practical person.

You're interested in detail and ensure that you always finish what you start.

You're a dream employee, and a good friend, loyal and steadfast to a fault.

If your big toe is much longer than your other toes, you are a clever, creative thinker.

You come up with ingenious solutions to problems.

You can see things from different angles and are never stumped for ideas.

On the downside, you may have problems focusing and sometimes don't see projects through.

Your big toe being comparatively small is an indication that you are a superb multi-tasker.

You use your charm to persuade people to go along with your ideas, can delegate effectively

and are efficient.

The second toe on your right foot shows what you want in life.

If you are getting it, the toe will be touching the floor.

If it isn't, or if there is a gap between it and the third toe, that indicates you are

trying to separate yourself from your emotions.

The longer your second toe, the more leadership qualities you have.

You are dynamic and resourceful, but your desire to get things done, "my way or no way",

can tip over into bossiness.

According to Indian folklore, eagle-eyed mothers stopped their sons marrying girls with long

second toes because it meant they were far too bossy!

But don't worry- it does not work the other way round for a smaller second toe!

A smaller second toe doesn't mean you're a pushover.

It simply indicates you are happy to bide your time.

You value harmony and won't try to bulldoze your way through situations.

If your third toe is comparatively long, it means you are incredibly energetic and resourceful,

especially at work.

The longer this toe is, the more you are driven to succeed in your career.

The Chinese associate energy, drive and willpower with the third toe.

You're a perfectionist and can achieve huge amounts with your determination and energy.

The drawback is a tendency to let work take over and to forget about fun, love and family.

If the toe is short, you enjoy the pleasures in life.

You love relaxing and don't get worked up about anything.

Others may accuse you of being lazy, but you would argue that life is short, so enjoy it.

Your fourth toe is all about relationships.

A long, straight fourth toe indicates family is crucially important to your life.

Unhappiness in your relationships with loved ones will show up in a curling of this toe.

You are a superb listener and nurturer, but will be deeply affected by unhappiness within

the family.

You find it hard to cut yourself off from other people's problems.

The Chinese would say that you're a gentle soul, easily wounded.

If your toes are clawed you need to try to let go, relax and don't take on all the burdens

of others.

Your health might be affected by any disturbances in the home.

A short fourth toe means that family and relationships are less crucial to you, and your focus is

elsewhere.

Now, what about your little toe?

Childlike impishness is a characteristic of those with small little toes.

You'll shy away from responsibility, be easily bored and constantly looking for amusing diversions.

You are great fun to be with, sociable and witty, but we all have to grow up sometime.

And if you can wiggle your little toe separately from your fourth toe, you are an impulsive,

adventurous, charming flirt.

If you can't, you value routine, predictability and loyalty.

Other than the toes, the arches of your feet also might reveal something about you.

High arches are found on people who are very independent and self-sufficient.

You need plenty of time on your own and might even be accused of being anti-social.

You have an indomitable spirit, but remember, it isn't a weakness to ask for help.

In Chinese philosophy, those with very high arches are in danger of being brittle and

rigid.

If your arches are low or average, you value the company of others, are sociable and fairly

extrovert.

You enjoy having a good time and want to ensure that others do too.

For more infomation >> What Your Foot Says About You - Duration: 4:48.

-------------------------------------------

Topic 2: History of Indigenous Education - Duration: 20:59.

Tansi. Welcome to our second topic of the course,

the history of Indigenous education.

In topic two, I will address the history of Indigenous education,

speaking specifically to the Canadian context.

So while I'll speak of Canada's history of Aboriginal education,

this history is very similar to those of Native American peoples

in the United States, Aboriginal and Torres Island Strait

history of education in Australia.

And some of the features I will discuss within certain phases of education

are certainly familiar within traditional approaches

to Maori education.

This topic is intended to provide a historical backdrop

important to understanding what Indigenous peoples want and value

in education, as well as an introduction to the colonial history of schooling

relevant to the processes of reconciliation

that we want to achieve in this course.

The content of this topic focuses on the significant colonial experiences

of residential schools in Canada.

These institutions were a dominating force of assimilation.

And, as some argue, the goal of these schools

were to really eliminate Indigenous peoples from emerging settler societies

in North America and certainly Australia.

A further goal of the topic is to introduce you

to a set of strategies and resources for teaching

this history in the curriculum of schools

and to contextualize for educators Indigenous peoples'

participation in education today.

Now, history is usually presented to us in a linear form, where there's

a starting point and an endpoint for situating events.

That is, we begin somewhere, and then perhaps moving to where we are now,

and significant events and themes in our history are sequenced chronologically.

For example, many of us have learned through history and social studies

that the history of Indigenous peoples really

only began at the point of contact with newcomers to their lands.

Historical timeline would take us from a point of where,

"In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue,"

a poem some of you might be familiar with,

to where we are now today dealing with treaties, self-determination,

and reconciliation.

I want to take an Indigenous approach to viewing history,

which draws on a circular framework for viewing events and themes

and where the past not only informs the present,

but where we can return to histories over and over again.

This circular approach of history is reiterative,

and it allows for us to see patterns in history

as it moves in cycles, spiralling.

For Indigenous peoples, this is how we make sense of our past.

Unlike linear notions of time, an Indigenous circular framework

does not have to assume a starting point, other than perhapsour creation stories.

But, even then, these stories are not fully concerned about origins.

These stories reflect our understanding of the world

and connect us to place and land.

So in this circular framework of history,

I want to suggest that events and themes are fluid and interconnected.

I'm going to use the concept of the circle

to talk about the history of Indigenous education with specific reference

to the Canadian experience.

It is my hope that you can then make connections

to features that characterize Indigenous education that have spiralled

and continue to spiral, in your own locations.

There's a circular framework in Cree/Plains

tradition known as the Medicine Wheel.

While it may only be specific to certain Aboriginal groups and their traditions,

given the diversity of Aboriginal people in Canada,

I'd like to use it as an organizing framework.

This is a framework that has certainly been used in curriculum development and research contexts,

and it gives us a holistic view of Indigenous education,

allowing us to see connections between historical moments.

I'll map out four phases of Indigenous education.

I choose four because of its significance for Indigenous people,

certainly here in North America.

The world can be observed in patterns of four, the four directions

the four elements, the four seasons.

And I also want to point out themes of resistance and agency

within the phases I'm going to describe-- agency referring

to strategic and deliberate choices Indigenous peoples make

about education and resistance, whereby even within colonial paradigms

Indigenous peoples resisted events or experiences that

were imposed upon them.

I will ask you to envision a circle in four quadrants.

And as we enter the circle, I describe features of traditional approaches

to learning.

These were ways of living that ensured the survival of our families

and communities.

So language, story, and experiences, these were primary modes for learning.

Ancestral languages transmitted a particular worldview.

Stories were-- they were not just about entertainment,

but stories tell us who we are and how to be in the world

by communicating values or our values to us.

They explain things for us and help us make sense of the world.

Learning was experiential, promoting looking,

listening, and learning by doing.

Learning connected us to our ancestral, natural, and material worlds.

Land, family, and stories are sources of knowledge.

Our Elders, our families, extended families, knowledge keepers,

and community members all share in the responsibility

for helping young children to live in a good way.

Leading Mi'kmaq scholar Dr. Marie Battiste describes the nature of this

knowledge and these ways of knowing as a complete knowledge system.

She tells us that Indigenous knowledge reveals the wealth and richness

in our languages, worldviews, teachings, pedagogies, and experiences,

which have been systematically excluded from educational institutions

and from Eurocentric knowledge systems.

With newcomers to our lands, traditional forms of learning began to change.

And this is where we begin to shift about the circle.

It was missionaries who introduced formalized schooling approaches that

included day schools or mission schools.

Their emphasis was on conversion of Indigenous peoples to newcomer ways,

but that also included spiritual and religious conversion.

Now, in these phases, missionaries valued alliances

with Indigenous peoples, and this is because their conversion practices

required them to learn First Peoples languages.

There were competing religious factions, and missionaries really

needed to recruit to their specific group or religion.

And here, Indigenous peoples exercised some choice in these instances,

choosing to align themselves with specific missionary groups knowing

that missionaries could be conduits to government officials.

As well, the practices of the Bible gave access to print forms of literacy

so that learning the Bible meant learning to read and write.

Indigenous peoples knew the ways of the world were changing with the newcomers,

and they could accommodate this change.

Not that they wanted to adapt or convert,

but that they could be effective agents in the creation

of their own world at this particular time.

But these relationships would change dramatically when Indigenous peoples

were no longer needed as allies and really became simply

threats to settler expansion that required land and resources.

Indigenous peoples became a problem, or the Indian problem,

as it has been referred to in Canadian history.

This necessitated a set of policies and practices

that could control Indigenous peoples.

One such example is the Indian Act established in 1876

and continues to exert probably the greatest control on Canada's First Nations people.

Not only does it legally set out categories of Indigenous identity

in Canada, it regulates every aspect of their lives.

While it's undergone changes over time, it

is still applied to First Nations people.

And this is a legislation based on the values of a dominant society

and reflects their worldview.

It is described as both paternalistic and racist here in Canada today.

As part of this larger colonial agenda of eliminating the Indian problem,

a system of schooling known as residential schools

were established by the federal government

and run by various religious denominations.

This system of education operated across Canada spanning over 100 years,

approximately 1850s to the 1950s, with the last one closing in 1996.

These schools were pervasive, systematic,

and totalizing in their control over Indigenous peoples.

This form of schooling was characterized by very destructive features that

included the denigrating of belief systems, traditions, languages

for students who attended these schools and, as a result,

generations of Aboriginal people.

These schools forced separation of children

from their lands, families, and traditions, the very links

to their cultural identity.

It was an education that emphasized vocational skills

and religious training.

And this was seen in the half-day curriculum of the schools, whereby

children were forced to work part of the school day within the schools

to sustain their operations, as they were-these schools were seriously underfunded.

But what cannot go untold about these schools is the spiritual, emotional,

physical, and sexual abuse that children suffered at the hands

of their caregivers: religious staff, and the many unprepared teachers who

couldn't get jobs in public schools.

I know some people have described some of the positive contributions

that these schools possibly made to the lives of Aboriginal people,

and there's certainly some of those stories.

But as I said, this is a system that was totalizing, pervasive, and systematic,

and the impacts are so large-scale on Aboriginal people.

These effects have been described as intergenerational.

There were generations of children who attended these schools

over a 100-year period, and the effects of this schooling

are seen in the erosion of our family systems.

We learn to parent by being parented, by being nurtured,

and these are children who, for generations, simply

did not have these kinds of models.

And secondly, the loss of culture, languages, our ways of knowing

had very serious consequences for identity and self-worth.

So many of the conditions endemic in our families and communities

today have their roots in this history.

And yet there were students who resisted and survived

this brutalizing form of schooling.

Students ran away from schools.

They continued to speak in their language groups

and continued to practice cultural ceremonies.

There were even families that were able to hide their children when

the Indian agent came to take-to take children away.

Now, it would be impossible to give-do justice

to this history in the limited time that we have in this topic

and certainly within the course.

So I encourage you to follow up with some

of the very important writing on the significant shared colonial history of schooling.

Two comprehensive works in Canada include

J.R. Miller's "Shingwauk's Vision" and John Milloy's "A National Crime".

They give a comprehensive history of this schooling.

There's also a growing body of literature

that documents the experience of residential school survivors.

I think about Isabelle Knockwood's "Out of the Depths", Basil Johnston's "Indian School Days",

and the book "Kamloops Indian Residential School",

which is a set of narratives compiled by the Secwepemc Cultural Society,

as well as recent publications by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission

such as "Speaking My Truth".

These are only a few.

But for educators, we are seeing residential school accounts

narrated in young adolescent and children's literature.

And I think this is very important for thinking

about this history in schooling.

So, "My Name Is Seepeetza" by Nlaka'pamux author Dr. Shirley Sterling,

and there are certainly accompanying curriculum documents with this

particular text that are available online.

"Fatty Legs", which is co-constructed by Margaret Pokiak-Fenton

and her daughter-in-law, Christy Jordan Fenton,

and then a version for younger children of this story called "When I Was Eight".

And of course, the beautiful books written by

Stó:lo author Nicola Campbell.

She's produced two excellent children's books,

"Shi-shi-etko" as well as "Shin-chi's Canoe".

And these are very important contributions

that can introduce young children to the significant experience

of residential schools.

Now, for some of you, you may be learning

about this very dark part of Canadian history for the first time,

and for others it contributes to your ongoing journey

in Indigenous education.

But this is a history that we cannot deny, erase, or even forget about.

This is a history that is not over.

Our families and communities still carry the effects of this schooling,

even if they themselves did not attend these schools.

Our circular framework allows us to return to this history,

not that we would ever return to this form of schooling,

but return to this history to remember, to heal, and to help us, all of us,

understand the intergenerational legacy.

As Indigenous and non-Indigenous educators,

we are responsible for this history, whether we were present at the time or not.

It's a history that belongs to all of us,

and we are all inheritors of this history and, as such,

need to redress this past.

I now turn to the fourth phase of education and the final turn

to complete our circle.

The fourth phase represents contemporary forms

of schooling for Aboriginal learners.

Before I describe some of the features of Indigenous education in this phase,

I want to acknowledge the landmark policy

of Indian Control of Indian Education, which was really

a catalyst for educational change for our people.

It was a policy that emerged in 1972 as part of a larger shift in policy

directed at Indigenous peoples.

And it's important because it entrenched Indigenous peoples'

right to make decisions about their children's education.

It acknowledged Indigenous culture, language, and traditions

as foundations for learning.

And finally, it intended to ensure parental involvement.

While significant as this policy has been

to ensure Indigenous peoples' control over educational processes

that impact on their children, Indigenous children

have still not achieved academic parity as compared to their non-Indigenous peers.

More recently, a second legislation was proposed,

Bill C-33, the First Nations Control of First Nations Education Act.

Now, this legislation was intended to provide First Nations students

with education standards, supports, and opportunities

that would lead to equitable education for Indigenous students.

It emphasized a core curriculum that would be taught in First Nations schools

so that students could transfer between schools on- and off-reserve,

as well as improving school attendance and the quality of teaching.

Now, the legislation has been rejected by First Nations governments and their leaders

as the legislation really does not give control to First Nations.

Rather the federal government would maintain governing structures

and continue to regulate standards.

In addition, it does not address the challenges facing First Nations

education that relate to the lack of adequate funding.

These are only a few of the limitations of this bill that

may offer potential change in the curriculum of schooling

serving First Nations students, certainly in on-reserve communities,

and address issues of accountability.

But the bill itself continues to undermine First Nations

control of First Nations education.

Again, the development of Indian Control of Indian Education

as a response to larger policy directed at Aboriginal people in Canada

and the rejection of this newly-proposed legislation

are demonstrations of Indigenous peoples' agency and resistance.

I'd like to turn now to the features that

characterize this phase of contemporary education.

In this phase, we see the emergence of First Nations community

control of schools and supporting structures for these schools.

I use the example of the First Nations Education Steering Committee

here in British Columbia, which is doing excellent work to advance

educational priorities not only for First Nations schools,

but to provincial education programming.

And I'm referring here to current curriculum resources that

include English First Peoples 11, English First Peoples 12,

and First Peoples Math.

And these are resources that are available online,

and they validate the ways that Indigenous content

can be linked to provincial curriculum.

There is also a greater range of schooling options

for Indigenous learners in the Canadian education landscape.

So, for example, Aboriginal Focus Schools have

been developed within provincial school boards.

And I'm thinking here about the Joe Duquette secondary school,

Now known as Oskayak.

The Vancouver School Board has an Aboriginal Focus School, as well as

one in Prince George, both in British Columbia, Canada.

While not specific to K to 12 schooling,

I want to introduce you to an early childhood intervention program,

the Aboriginal Head Start program.

This is a national program in Canada

operating in urban, rural, and First Nations communities.

And it's very different from the Head Start model in the US,

as this program was developed based on national consultation

with Canada's Aboriginal people.

And it operates on foundational principles

that include culture and language, family involvement,

social support for Aboriginal children, but also school readiness.

This program contributes to a holistic view of Indigenous education

as it links early childhood to elementary schools.

Now, what these contemporary examples demonstrate for us

are the very values and practices within traditional approaches to learning

that I described earlier or at the beginning phase of the circle.

These examples, among numerous others,

centre Indigenous ways of knowing in the learning processes.

Learning is holistic.

It engages families and communities in education,

draws on Indigenous pedagogies.

So that the sources of knowledge, the processes of learning,

and even the functions that learning serves -We return to these-

or we return to traditional forms with these examples.

So as we come full circle, this view of history

ensures that we do not move forward without looking back and engaging

and engaging with a shared past.

For more infomation >> Topic 2: History of Indigenous Education - Duration: 20:59.

-------------------------------------------

Kpop TAG | sujisue (ENG SUB IN PROGRESS) - Duration: 12:18.

Hi guys! My name is Susie and today in this video

I'm doing a KPOP TAG for you

First of all I want to introduce myself

I'm Susie

aaaaaand mmmm(lol)

I'm 20

and I really like korean culture,

and the music, the dramas

aaaaaand

this is the main reason why I founded

founded??

created this group

GROUP????? (LOL)

(lol I can't even talk in my mother language WHY DO I WANT TO TALK IN ENGLISH?)

I really like kpop and the dramas and the whole culture

For more infomation >> Kpop TAG | sujisue (ENG SUB IN PROGRESS) - Duration: 12:18.

-------------------------------------------

TOP 10 PRANKS - Pranks to make friends at school (Compilation 2017) - Duration: 7:17.

For more infomation >> TOP 10 PRANKS - Pranks to make friends at school (Compilation 2017) - Duration: 7:17.

-------------------------------------------

[Jw.org] Who's in control - You or your devices ? - Duration: 2:13.

[ Translation in progress]

For more infomation >> [Jw.org] Who's in control - You or your devices ? - Duration: 2:13.

-------------------------------------------

Brian Viner on the bloodiest film about a pacifist you'll ever see - Duration: 5:22.

For more infomation >> Brian Viner on the bloodiest film about a pacifist you'll ever see - Duration: 5:22.

-------------------------------------------

BMW M6 - Duration: 21:35.

For more infomation >> BMW M6 - Duration: 21:35.

-------------------------------------------

Donald Trump's 'Muslim Ban' What You're Not Being Told - Duration: 3:15.

For more infomation >> Donald Trump's 'Muslim Ban' What You're Not Being Told - Duration: 3:15.

-------------------------------------------

Yoga for Beginners - Duration: 14:32.

For more infomation >> Yoga for Beginners - Duration: 14:32.

-------------------------------------------

Joe DeRosa: You Let Me Down - Fake Sports & Real Cheating - Duration: 1:54.

I don't understand the reverence for sports.

I don't get it,

and maybe because I never played sports.

I don't know.

You know, you see it a lot when the Olympics happen.

Man, people lose their mind over the Olympics.

And I know Olympians work their asses off.

They work their asses off.

And I'll say this, in all fairness.

Never have so many people worked so incredibly hard

for so incredibly long to do a thing

that I don't give a shit about at all.

Couldn't care less.

Fake sports, once again.

It's people throwing shit.

I don't care.

"I threw a stick."

Whatever, who cares?

People love it, man.

People go, "Do you know how few people in the world can do that?

Do you know how few people are experts at that?"

I don't give a shit.

Do you know how few people can do astrophysics?

I don't want to watch it for three hours on a Sunday.

It's boring dork shit to me.

And the Olympics are so loved.

The Olympics are so loved,

they celebrate and commend bad sportsmanship.

Last Summer Olympics, there was a women's running race,

and at the end of the race, one of the women

dove over the finish line to win.

And the people I was watching it with,

they were like, "Did you see that?

Did you see that commitment right there?"

No, I saw cheating is what I just saw.

She just cheated blatantly to win the race.

"No, that's called commitment."

Nobody has ever said, "Man, Mike Tyson, wow,

"what commitment he showed when he bit that guy's ear off.

For more infomation >> Joe DeRosa: You Let Me Down - Fake Sports & Real Cheating - Duration: 1:54.

-------------------------------------------

Estate Planning Documents: Trusts - Duration: 2:51.

Welcome again to the Rural Utah Estate Planning Resource Center. This is part four of our series on basic estate planning documents,

and we're talking about trusts, what are they are what do they do.

A trust is a legal entity that's created. Three people are involved in the creation; the trust maker, the trustee, and the beneficiary.

The trust maker is the person who creates it, puts the assets into the trust. The trustee manages those assets,

and the beneficiary over here spends it. When this trust is created originally, you are the trust maker, you are the trustee, and you're the beneficiary.

Because we have this trustee, we're able to manage those assets if you become incapacitated

or on your passing, and we can manage them without court involvement in the process.

Who the trustee is is one of the most important questions, and is the area that causes the most conflict

in the management and administration of your estate. So every time we do an estate plan, the selection of the trustee is a very important consideration,

and we go through that very carefully in detail with you in designing your trust. After your passing,

all the assets are handled by the trustee and distributed according to the terms that you select. That's in simple a trust.

Yes. And here in rural Utah, I feel like maybe it's a part of our culture, but we tend to have a way of doing things.

And sometimes that way isn't necessarily the best way. For example, most estate plans that I've seen prepared by someone who maybe didn't focus in estate planning

is they have by default the oldest child as the trustee, second child as the next choice, and so on without any regard for the asset structure,

the family's needs, the family dynamics involved, and that's where we come in. We take our experience and our focus,

what has worked for other families and what hasn't, and we get to learn more about your family, your family dynamic, your needs, your goals,

your asset structure, and we help you create terms and choose a trustee that's actually going to work for your family.

If you have ant questions about trusts or estate planning in general, you can always reach us here at the resource center

at ruralutahestateplanning.com or at 435-633-6399.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét