Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 9, 2018

Waching daily Sep 30 2018

My obvious mistakes can be seen no longer

Ah, they're getting scattered by the wind

Ah, they're getting wetter with dew

Ah...

Ah...

Ooo..

Dear petal before me, bearing the thick scent that deceived me...

For more infomation >> ᴅɪᴘʜʏʟʟᴇɪᴀ ɢʀᴀʏɪ - Duration: 1:06.

-------------------------------------------

Birthday, Strawberry, Garbage, Hospital, Pretend | Regional Signs - Duration: 4:57.

This is for Deaf Awareness Month, but it's also the start of a new series.

Hello I'm Rogan, and welcome to my new series, Regional Signs. Yes, there is such a thing.

People think that ASL is exactly the same everywhere.

Well. Let me tell you right now,

it's not.

Yeah, it's true, there's a lot more standardized signs.

But that's part of ASL being a "young" sign language, compared to a lot of other sign languages.

Disclaimer: I may not get everything 100% right, so if I make a mistake, please let me know in the comments.

I will mention it in the next video of the series. I will also maybe get some regions wrong, maybe forget,

or don't know about a region that the sign also appears in.

So again, if I get anything wrong, please let me know in the comments.

The information for this series will come from a lot of places, including you.

So, I posted on my personal socials, I've posted on groups, but also I will want information from you.

So if you know of any regional signs, please leave them in the comments. Or if I talk about a word,

and you know of more variations or more regional signs relating to that word, let me know too.

Okay! Let's get into the signs. I will do only five words today, to start with.

First word: birthday.

This is probably the most common sign:

I think this is the second most common sign:

The next three signs are ones that I know of. I don't know what region, or how common they are.

The next word has a ridiculous amount of different signs for it. That word is strawberry.

This is the most common, I think.

This sign, I know for sure is regional to Washington.

The next sign is from Michigan.

The next sign has two variations, and it's signed in Arkansas and Colorado, that I know for sure.

So I'm not sure if that means the Midwest, or just those specific states.

So I will show both of the variations.

The last one I will show you today is signed in North Carolina.

Next! After pleasant strawberry [three different signs], whatever, we have garbage.

The most common sign:

The other sign, I saw for the first time when I went to RIT. I was confused, then ah. Interesting.

I believe this is northeast, maybe New York only.

The next word is hospital.

The most common sign:

I believe this is signed in the northeast.

For the next word, I will show you four different signs. Now, some are regional, and some are just variations.

That word is pretend.

The two variations first.

The other variation.

Now the regional signs. This one is signed in Rochester, NY that I know of.

The second regional sign is in my home, Washington.

Sometimes people will sign it this way.

Either one.

That's all for today.

I already have a list of more signs, but if you think of any signs that you know are regional, or maybe variations,

leave them in the comments below. I will add them to my list to research and make a video later.

Of course, when I make more videos, I will create a playlist and link it up here, so you can check out

all of the different regional signs.

Hope you enjoyed, and learned something from this. I'll see you around.

If you want to support my content financially, I have Patreon, which is monthly, and ko-fi, which is one-time.

Subscribe to this channel. Follow me on all my socials - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.

Thanks for watching, see you next time.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét